• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get rid of the coach... even though it's known CLG ignores coach advice and Link takes care of picks and bans

Can't wait for relegations

zkylon

zkylewd
does clg have money for like a sports psychologist?

i think they should probably get one of those

lastshadow quit gravity too, right? sounds like a good fit for clg

Nekofrog

Banned
does clg have money for like a sports psychologist?

i think they should probably get one of those

lastshadow quit gravity too, right? sounds like a good fit for clg

ls isn't 25, one of the requirements is 25 minimum for clg's new coach

also i dont know if he actually left, i think he just had a bad day on the internet. his stream still says gravity head coach

he was complaining that it's not fair that his boyfriend has to sit in his own house while ls spends 8 hours a day in the gravity house not being able to see him but guess what nobod gets to bring their spouse to work irl either

CLG will never be good until HotshotGG goes away.

25 years of age or older
Prior coaching experience
Experience working within LCS and/or NACS highly desired
Extensive LoL game knowledge
College degree preferred
Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Excellent communication skills
Highly disciplined

I can totally apply except for the part about experience working in the LCS part.

zkylon

zkylewd
ls isn't 25, one of the requirements is 25 minimum for clg's new coach

also i dont know if he actually left, i think he just had a bad day on the internet. his stream still says gravity head coach

he was complaining that it's not fair that his boyfriend has to sit in his own house while ls spends 8 hours a day in the gravity house not being able to see him but guess what nobod gets to bring their spouse to work irl either
oh i didn't know the exact details, but yeah, sounds like a bad day that could be cleared up with a fresh mind

i wonder who will clg get, i always find it kind of bizarre that teams take ex players as coaches right after they retire. like in soccer or whatever, retired players usually go to small teams for a couple years to learn the trade before moving onto big teams, so it's weird to me that big teams like clg would risk hiring someone like scarra that has so little coaching experience

also i wonder if they'll dump link and double. and probably xmithie too. i feel like the aphro-double lane synergy is worth keeping, but i think link and xmithie are both pretty subpar. link specially has had many splits to prove himself and no luck. xmithie mostly had a really bad series against liquid but i don't think he never made as big of a splash as rush or meteos or santorin or even dominate to some degree

CLG will never be good until HotshotGG goes away.

he's the owner..

Going to Korea the 1st time when LoL was growing in NA.
Going to Azubu when Twitch.tv was blowing up

Both lead to TSM being the fan favorite of NA. That's not a game thing but that's a money/marketing thing.

Holding on to Chauster for so long
Searph?
Nien?
Dexter?
XXX player? I mean it was just rash decision every time. Never created an infrastructure for players to grow. Everyone that leaves CLG says it was probably their worst experience.
Bloodwater, Voyboy, Saint, Loco, etc..
Countless (analyst They were doing this before everyone else and still couldn't win)
Monte to coach... when he's on the other side of the planet.
Link?
Making statements of statements.
Making promise of change then nothing happens.
Promising he saw the issue and assuring correction to fix said problems when said problems happen again and again.

CLG is pretty much a revolving door of players at this point.

Just baffling decisions from a competitive, and marketing side.

Don't forget Reginald basically saw what George was doing copied him then surpass him by a mile. There's a reason the TSM chants are louder than the CLG chants even though CLG started first.

i suppose you're right

i just always attributed roster changes to whatever coaching staff clg has, not hotshot himself

I figure the owner would have final say. Reginald at one point was in CLG for like a month or something. Learn everything he needed to learn about running his own team dip, and now has the #1 most popular team in NA.

Hotshot got ethered.

So Luden's Echo will trigger if you step on traps like Teemo's, Cait's and Nida's? That's some BS...

I was playing ARAM and the other team had Nidalee and Nasus with Luden's. Spirit Fire would proc it, spear hitting a minion would proc it, traps would proc... even dodging it wouldn't help since my teammates would get hit.

zkylon

zkylewd
3 days and no pbe patch

wtf riot

I figure the owner would have final say. Reginald at one point was in CLG for like a month or something. Learn everything he needed to learn about running his own team dip, and now has the #1 most popular team in NA.

Hotshot got ethered.
i dunno like, clg was a force to be reckoned with up until two weeks or something, i feel like hotshot got the best team he could, saw the results were good and hoped this time it would be different

from what i gather hotshot is pretty hands off so maybe it's more on the coaching staff than him

3 days and no pbe patch

wtf riot

i dunno like, clg was a force to be reckoned with up until two weeks or something, i feel like hotshot got the best team he could, saw the results were good and hoped this time it would be different

from what i gather hotshot is pretty hands off so maybe it's more on the coaching staff than him

Yea but who hires that coaching stuff? It's always back on you when you're the man at the top. Fair or not that's how it's always been in every business, in every industry.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea but who hires that coaching stuff? It's always back on you when you're the man at the top. Fair or not that's how it's always been in every business, in every industry.
i dunno i feel like there are too many people that are failing way before we get to hotshot

like the players for misplaying and/or choking (all three lanes getting soloed on game 3 against liquid) or like ppl said not listening to coaches

the staff for the terrible pick and ban and the lack of mental preparation for the players that we all know are prone to choke on playoffs

hotshot for hiring all these people i guess

so i dunno i don't think saying "hotshot needs to go" is too useful cos he's the owner and he's not going anywhere. he maybe should find better management ppl that do the whole team managing like poaching hiring players and developing strats and all that, specially if he's gonna be as hands off as doubellift said

Sofo

I have had no will to play lately o.o I mean I want to... then I just don't feel like it. Truth to be told I've been ramping up my work and gotten addicted to a book so I guess that doesn't help either!

Also my friends being taken by the new Diablo 3 season!

Anyway, tried Rek'Sai and I was spaghettying all over myself on my first clear. Did Krugs > Red and it was really tough? Idk. Might have been me. She seems fun though once you nail down using her tunnels as gapcloser for ganks. Rex you have any tips/pieces of advice? ty!

Nekofrog

Banned
CXafrpC.jpg

after having an absolutely miserable time yesterday it was nice to sit down and do this

pronk420

can anyone recommend some good streamers for a new player? like just fun to watch rather than getting super technical with stuff i won't understand, I don't really care if they have pro strats or not

jerd

If you're just looking for pure entertainment value qtpie is really good as long as you ignore chat and can forgive his occasional reliance on memes. I love Trick2g but I also totally understand why some people find him grating. Voyboy is my personal favorite streamer. I'm on mobile so I can't link their twitches right now sorry :-(. Qt streams during the day and trick and voy stream late

I only watch TheOddOne. He's a bit, well, odd, in his sense of humour, and sometimes he rages a bit. He's an excellent jungler though and doesn't overclutter his stream with "viewer-related" content.

I only watch TheOddOne. He's a bit, well, odd, in his sense of humour, and sometimes he rages a bit. He's an excellent jungler though and doesn't overclutter his stream with "viewer-related" content.

He's a former pro player and really well respected player. He stepped down from the pro scene because well he just wasn't as mechanically strong as the new younger players. Still a great player and you can learn a lot from him.

jerd

Nunu is so fucking awesome. There's just something great about having to put zero thought or skill into wrecking a game

Newt

I think I've gotten to the point where I prefer players that aren't do well to act toxic than to act positive. Nothing pisses me off more than 0-5 player saying that we can do this and declining surrender.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I've gotten to the point where I prefer players that aren't do well to act toxic than to act positive. Nothing pisses me off more than 0-5 player saying that we can do this and declining surrender.

be honest noot

the toxic 0-5 person is you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom