• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but he didn't really complain about anything, just minimized the reason he was banned as if he didn't see what he did was wrong

does the dota 2 ot have a deadnames equivalent?

we have a couple but we keep them in check instead of letting them own the place :p

garath

its a sad day. Second league thread in a row I didn't make the wall of shame. I need to step it up in my League contributions.

So how about that Bard?

drawkcaB

My Nautilus and Sejuani will be relevant once again!

She won't be getting anything. Sejuani is already one of the strongest junglers in solo queue and has been used by Diamond several times in EULCS (all wins, IIRC). He regularly draws Sejuani bans as well. Sejuani not being picked in high elo or competitive has as much - if not more - to do with pro junglers unwilling to try her than what she brings to the table.

Hell, Nautilus isn't even guaranteed any buffs. He was listed as "probably" (or potentially) I forgot. Any buffs would be nice for him, but I don't think Riot go in the direction I'd like to see them move on Nautilus. He'll hopefully get something. That shield buff from a few patches back didn't help him much (in fact his win rates dropped following that buff...) Only tank jungler who is for sure getting buffs is Zac.

garath

She won't be getting anything. Sejuani is already one of the strongest junglers in solo queue and has been used by Diamond several times in EULCS (all wins, IIRC). He regularly draws Sejuani bans as well. Sejuani not being picked in high elo or competitive has as much - if not more - to do with pro junglers unwilling to try her than what she brings to the table.

Sejuani is awesome. I know Ive been a Sejuani fan on GAF for ages but she really is great in the current meta of high mobility/high CC. She is capable of participating in both of those aspects as well as countering them. She has great base damages and is tanky as hell with one of the best ults in the game. I'll regularly dish out second highest damage building straight tank. If I'm feeling a bit cheeky I'll even build haunting guise first.

she's easily in my personal top 3 jungler list (which currently consists of Nidalee, Vi and Sejuani)

zkylon

zkylewd
pR0fPfaIynTxYMzT

patchnotes, kids: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-54-notes

Talents

Banned
Thank god they actually went through with the Kassa nerf. Imo there shouldn't be a champ that counters a whole category of other champs, e.g. Kassa counters mages.

drawkcaB

Cost to change between tier 2 jungle items 0 gold ⇒ 255 gold

are you goddamn kidding me riot

Good. That was stupid change in the first place. It completely devalued the differences between the machete upgrades if you could just change them on a whim before you bought the enchant.

Riot said:
We probably overthought on this one. Our initial goal was to let you change strategic course in the early game without incurring a setback, but most were just using it to switch to the "best" lategame smite before picking up their enchant. Well then.

No shit. I'm just sitting here in my cubicle Riot, match my six-figures and I'm yours.

Riot said:
WHY WOULD A FLAG GIVE ARMOR : Demacian Standard no longer grants passive armor to Jarvan IV

For the same reason it still provides attack speed? Whatever that might be.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lizzy:
GLACIAL CLARITY Fixed a bug where Glacial Path's end marker could be hidden under terrain, even if it was supposed to be visible

i don't like that, it's an acceptable nerf all things considered (and it's a definite nerf, not just a bugfix) but using terrain like that was a big part of being good at playing lizzy

also it has nothing to do with the new map, you could do the claw hiding tricks on the old map too

Does that mean Sona is going to be available form tomorrow?
not necessarily

Nekofrog

Banned
Good. That was stupid change in the first place. It completely devalued the differences between the machete upgrades if you could just change them on a whim before you bought the enchant.

no it allowed a small pool of junglers with a few rough first clears to get through them a little easier without fear of having to spend even more time farming before they could contribute

Lizzy:
GLACIAL CLARITY Fixed a bug where Glacial Path's end marker could be hidden under terrain, even if it was supposed to be visible

i don't like that, it's an acceptable nerf all things considered (and it's a definite nerf, not just a bugfix) but using terrain like that was a big part of being good at playing lizzy

also it has nothing to do with the new map, you could do the claw hiding tricks on the old map too
It's stupid hidden power that ignores something that is supposed to counterbalance her E.

Would you rather they remove this or butcher her numbers?

drawkcaB

no it allowed a small pool of junglers with a few rough first clears to get through them a little easier without fear of having to spend even more time farming before they could contribute

No, it created the exact situation they described. It created a situation where the jungler could always pick what's best right now with no regard for planning. It was fucking dumb - good riddance. Ranger's still exists for those junglers, they just can't freely swap to the mid and late game superior Stalker's when the time comes.

Looking forward to S6 when Riot dumps the whole enchanted smite bullshittery.

Fracas said:
RIP Jarvan.

Not even close.

Riot said:
The Warrior enchant seems to be outperforming of its other enchantment counterparts, but we're still in the kitchen cooking up our long-term solutions. That said, we can afford to whip up a light stat adjustment snack in the meantime. Never write patch notes while hungry.

It's not a matter of one enchant being better than the other, it's a matter of AD being a better jungling stat than anything else. Fix that.

Nekofrog

Banned
No, it created the exact situation they described. It created a situation where the jungler could always pick what's best right now with no regard for planning. It was fucking dumb - good riddance. Ranger's still exists for those junglers, they just can't freely swap to the mid and late game superior Stalker's when the time comes.

if that was a situation that existed as a consequence, then oh well. small trade off for allowing a few more champions to be playable in an already extremely limited role

i dont know what you have against diversity. you probably harken back to the days of separate water fountains too
kappa

The champions that had rough first clears aren't supposed to also be getting a ranged slow afterwards. They can just buy Trailblazer as they're supposed to and if they want the extra ganking they likely don't need they can spend money on it.

This only hurts junglers like Yi but honestly I don't give a shit lol
if that was a situation that existed as a consequence, then oh well. small trade off for allowing a few more champions to be playable in an already extremely limited role

i dont know what you have against diversity. you probably harken back to the days of separate water fountains too
kappa
Limited role what

There's probably more viable junglers than any other role in the game. The only problem is that J4 is retarded so people have to pick or ban the fucker.

zkylon

zkylewd
5.4 ended up being pretty decent i think. i don't understand the morde changes but veigar and zilean reworks sound really cool and janna, j4 and kat nerfs all sound great to me. syndra buffs are still kind of whatever, i want my laning back

and the jungle item thing needed to go, it was clearly gonna be super weird to balance

It's stupid hidden power that ignores something that is supposed to counterbalance her E.

Would you rather they remove this or butcher her numbers?
well i'm pretty sure they're gonna butcher her numbers either way, but i think it's a neat trick that made experienced lizzy players be able to be super sneaky with their engages. it's not hidden power because it was sometimes key to winning teamfights (watch rapidstar explaining how link is shit at lissandra in the tsm vs clg and telegraphs every claw so hard that keeps costing clg teamfights)

not saying it's the bestest mechanic ever or whatever, but i enjoy tricks like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom