• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2016 |SEP 29-OCT 29|

Please no 0 and 10. Also is Europe really underwhelming this year or is it just me. Maybe they were just on at an awkward time for me.

Newt

Haven't seen any Summer Split League games at all. Still, I'm pretty hyped to watch this. Hopefully it's as good as International was this year to someone who has stopped playing both games.

Any list of recommended games to watch (any region)?
I'm not sure if you've seen any spring split games, but I definitely recommend watching DIG vs Ren week 7 day 2. That game is an eye opener.

Real talk though, lets forget that game happened.

Is there a prize pool/fan contribution data tracker site somewhere?

Curious to see how much the Koreans will be taking home

Magus said they'll be updating everyone throughout the tournament, but there's won't be a live ticker for the prizepool.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's a kickass video, love the art and the scenes from past worlds, the song is kind of ehhh, nowhere near as epic as other worlds' but it grew on me on listen number 2

Yeah, the video was incredibly awesome.

The song is being disliked because it isn't a "hype builder" but whatever, I like it.
i like the song, but it's no worlds collide

Haven't seen any Summer Split League games at all. Still, I'm pretty hyped to watch this. Hopefully it's as good as International was this year to someone who has stopped playing both games.

Any list of recommended games to watch (any region)?

koo vs kt lck finals is def worth a watch

c9 vs tsm na finals also

Lolesports has to be one of the worst sites ever lol, it always gives some error.

This is this year's list http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/featured/top2016
lol yea

i can't understand how rito has amazing sites like the worlds history one and then lolesports is so crap lol

Come on C9 make it to semis so I can see you guys

knowing my luck they'll make it but their match will be the day I don't have tickets for

The song ain't so bad but it doesn't match the visuals at all. Seeing champions fight each other to super moody and slow music only for it to scale when there's nothing going on is jarring as fuck.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah the song structure is weird since we're used to worlds collide and warriors which were a lot "simpler", i guess?

i don't dislike it, specially after a few listens, but it didn't specially make me hype

4P0q3vz.png

really...

I think you should sue them zkylon....

Newt

Wow, they even coped the post after the OT.

They even kept the link to my pick'em.

What the fuck LOL.

tm24

Wait, C9 ran the gauntlet? I missed out. I really only tuned in for playoffs after i stopped playing league but i still enjoy watching a good game

zkylon

zkylewd
now that i think about it it would've been nice if they did a few better plays to use for the video, specially since it's not even exclusive to plays by worlds champions

like the xpeke ori play last year or any of the imp pentas could've been nice

i think xpeke and febiven soloing faker with talon/zed were pretty awesome too

can't remember many more right now but there totally must be, specially s3 faker ahri plays i bet

maybe for next year, definitely an awesome direction

zkylon

zkylewd
zed v zed was lck tho

Faker is going over, brother. Gotta keep his heat.
well faker had his own long list of awesome plays, sadly most of them were on lck

tho i think he has the gragas play on xpeke ori at worlds?

it's kind of all a blur to me

zkylon

zkylewd
btw guys pls don't be abusive to person that reposted it

would be nice to get credited but no need to tell anyone to fuck off over it

I got tickets to the Quarter Finals in Chicago. I'm going the Friday/Saturday with two other friends.

Super excited! At least one NA team should make it to the Quarters. C9 and TSM got saddled with some tough groups, but I think it is doable for them. CLG lucked out and really just has to take a game off G2 to possibly qualify.

Quonny

I got tickets to the Quarter Finals in Chicago. I'm going the Friday/Saturday with two other friends.

Super excited! At least one NA team should make it to the Quarters. C9 and TSM got saddled with some tough groups, but I think it is doable for them. CLG lucked out and really just has to take a game off G2 to possibly qualify.

Where?!

My friend bought them from scalpers basically. I think we paid $1050 for three seats together for both days. It worked out to $350 for me plus a plane ticket and hotel, but I figured it would be my one good chance of seeing some live League in my lifetime, especially Worlds.

Top Bottom