• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Leak] Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming pictured

Kayant

Source - https://videocardz.com/73408/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-gaming-pictured
GIGABYTE-GTX-1070-Ti-GAMING-OC-angle.jpg

As the product name suggests, the GTX 1070 Ti Gaming is not factory-overclocked. We don't know what the clock speeds are yet because the product is still in development.

The 1070 Ti Gaming is equipped with a single 8-pin power connector, five display outputs (DVI + 3xDP + HDMI), triple-fan and dual-slot WindForce 3X cooler and a backplate. The ‘Fan Stop' logo on the side indicates that the card will not use the fans unless certain temperature is reached.

Release me just because if old.

MGrant

Hmm if they won't give me my Volta cards soon then this might be what I upgrade to from my 970. Shorter PCB is a plus, too, since I'm on m-ITX.

Fliesen

Wait a second - what's the significance of this card?

Weren't 1070 cards around already? Why is this one exciting?
I feel terribly out of the loop.

dmr87

Wait a second - what's the significance of this card?

Weren't 1070 cards around already? Why is this one exciting?
I feel terribly out of the loop.

Nvidia wants something between the 1070 and 1080 to compete with AMD. Also rumors going around that Nvidia are locking down overclocking so the 1080 doesn't get obsolete. We don't know if it means no manual overclock or just no "factory oc'd" cards, probably the latter.

Bulzeeb

So what is the expected cost for this? I am actually planning to buy a gaming laptop by the end of November or early December and depending on the cost and performance I might be considering this one

FinKL

$429 afaik.
Which is unique because most 1070s are already $400+ because of miners...

This looks to be one of the most powerful cards too for mining because of GDDR5 if I'm understanding correctly. The 1080 is GDDR5X which isn't as good?

Bulzeeb

Which is unique because most 1070s are already $400+ because of miners...

This looks to be one of the most powerful cards too for mining because of GDDR5 if I'm understanding correctly. The 1080 is GDDR5X which isn't as good?

That sounds good, might look for this one, let's wait and see some benchmarks

dmr87

That sounds good, might look for this one, let's wait and see some benchmarks

vg7c.png

Interesting how these leaks always are spotted in the Ashes of the Singularity database eh? Anyway, the much discussed GeForce GTX 1070 Ti has been spotted in the AoTS database.

The card was tested on a system with a Core i9-7900X and scored scored 6,200 points in the "Extreme" (1440p) preset. The news reaches us today through videocardz who spotted this one. It's a pretty good score (6,200) as your average GTX 1070 sits in the 5500 marker with the GTX 1080 at 7000'ish. The GeForce GTX 1070 Ti is expected to launch late October with availability expected a week later.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ge...the-singularity-benchmark-scores-surface.html

KillLaCam

Banned
I don't really get the point of a 1070ti since the difference in power between a 1070 and 1080 isn't THAT big. I feel like a 1060ti would make more sense

jryeje29

This will be good for Nvidia and all but man I wish Volta would just come out. The thing is imagine where’d we would be in terms of graphics power and price of Nvidia instead of playing it safe because of their lead would just keep innovating and pushing limits. I’d imagine they already have Volta high end and low end ready but decided to just wait because they can. I don’t like the mentality of let’s only do the minimum rather than keep trying to do our best.

This will be good for Nvidia and all but man I wish Volta would just come out. The thing is imagine where'd we would be in terms of graphics power and price of Nvidia instead of playing it safe because of their lead would just keep innovating and pushing limits. I'd imagine they already have Volta high end and low end ready but decided to just wait because they can. I don't like the mentality of let's only do the minimum rather than keep trying to do our best.

I agree and it's why I'm waiting for Volta to build a new machine at this point.

I agree and it's why I'm waiting for Volta to build a new machine at this point.
I was going to do that too but honestly, there's no point. I'll just sell off my 1080ti and get the 1180/ti when it comes out and enjoy having a PC now. I'll take a hit of a couple hundred but, there are worse ways to spend the money.

Top Bottom