• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Script: Xbox Live Future at E3 (Spong)

Search here at GAF and I don't find it, so...

It's a universal truth that you can't ever get smarter than your enemy. ok, not your enemy, What's the word? Your rival. It's the thing in front of you - the person, the problem, sometimes the game. It's the brick wall. It's there to drag you, kicking and screaming, baby like, into consciousness. It's the slap when you're born that nobody is ever supposed to remember. Cold water on your face, you know?

More here: http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=8613

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
:lol

They're spending 5 paragraphs - a few minutes - on a guy talking about...basicallly...playing against other people online? Crikey..I mean, we know about that, we've had that this gen. No need to sell the point again.

The only remotely interesting thing in that article was the concept of letting others into your singleplayer game (although I'd really consider anti-co-op to be multiplayer..).

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
gofreak said:

They're spending 5 paragraphs - a few minutes - on a guy talking about...basicallly...playing against other people online? Crikey..I mean, we know about that, we've had that this gen. No need to sell the point again.

The only remotely interesting thing in that article was the concept of letting others into your singleplayer game (although I'd really consider anti-co-op to be multiplayer..).
They do love to evangelise. Have you ever seen one of their conferences? It's astonishing.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You missed the last line.

"*whispered*Welcome to the third place"

Oh wait! This isnt a sony 4 year old sony commerical!

Seriously though im guessing that speech will be interlaced with PD0 gameplay.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
gofreak said:

As mentioned, MS really likes to lay it on in their presentations, whether Xbox or Windows or whatever. I thought the Bungie guy whinged on for way too long at the Halo 2 multiplayer intro last year.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
fennec fox said:
As mentioned, MS really likes to lay it on in their presentations, whether Xbox or Windows or whatever. I thought the Bungie guy whinged on for way too long at the Halo 2 multiplayer intro last year.
Indeed. He really did get his money's worth.
Although I'm sure all the cheering from the hundreds of Microsoft plants in the audience helped...

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
almokla said:
I know...
Yeah. You should probably get back to your thrilling "So I'm buying a bongo-controlled game, designed for use with bongos. Should I spend the price of a hamburger on the bongos or, erm, not?" superthread.
Becuase that shit was worth ten clicks, yo...

Too bad it's too late to nominate Spong for a Webby with this earth-shattering revelation... Seriously, this seems practically worthless, man.

Willco

Hollywood Square
This sounds like, ten times worse than last year's too. I swear, and Folder you were there too, did it not seem like at any given moment that the Microsoft bigwigs would pause so people could shout, "AMEN!"... HALLEJUAH THE XBOX IS HERE LET MY CONSOLES GO!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Willco said:
This sounds like, ten times worse than last year's too. I swear, and Folder you were there too, did it not seem like at any given moment that the Microsoft bigwigs would pause so people could shot, "AMEN!"... HALLEJUAH THE XBOX IS HERE LET MY CONSOLES GO!
:lol :lol

It irritates me the way Microsoft are treating both online play and high-definition gaming. You'd swear by the way they talk sometimes that they invented both and now have exclusive rights to them on the Tree Siddy.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Willco said:
This sounds like, ten times worse than last year's too. I swear, and Folder you were there too, did it not seem like at any given moment that the Microsoft bigwigs would pause so people could shot, "AMEN!"... HALLEJUAH THE XBOX IS HERE LET MY CONSOLES GO!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

IJoel

So you guys got the presentation, and all you managed to post was an excerpt that make no mention of anything new?

What's the point?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
IJoel said:
So you guys got the presentation, and all you managed to post was an excerpt that make no mention of anything new?

What's the point?

they have the exclusive scoop on this non news thats the muffin.

border

Yeah if this was all that was gonna get posted, I'm not sure if it really called from a "pre-story hype story" ;)

I rather got my hopes up for some new information about the system.

i think that is quite possibly the most retarded thing i have ever read, how could someone write something that retarded?.....o wait...SPONG...nevermind.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Spong being right is the new spong being wrong.

Somebody better give folder some props if the new gameboy is at e3.

What was particularly funny was the way most of the MS executives tended to speak in the first couple of years of the XBOX launch. Almost every adjective had a "super" prefix.

"We're super-excited"
"We're super-focused"
"We're super-happy"
"We're super-super"

Top Bottom