• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaving PS Plus on July 18th - Stray, The Bioshock collection, Marvel's Avengers, The Borderlands collection, and more

Full list:

- Bioshock
- Bioshock 2
- Bioshock Infinite
- Borderlands Handsome Collection (premium tier)
- Fluster Cluck
- Marvel's Avangers
- Raiden V
- Rogue Stormers
- Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
- Stray

If you want to play them, play them before the 18th of July. New essentials titles should be announced later today, while the July Extra and Premium titles should be announced on the 12th.

SeraphJan

I saw this yesterday, this make premium tier worst as Borderland and Bioshock franchise combined with the Metro franchise and Arkham franchise that was removed two month ago which were also in premium tier were one of the major selling point for that tier

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I saw this yesterday, this make premium tier worst as Borderland and Bioshock franchise combined with the Metro franchise and Arkham franchise that was removed two month ago which were also in premium tier were one of the major selling point for that tier
These games come and go you can’t get to attached to them

Last edited:
If anything, I think PS4 titles like that should have never been put in the premium tier in the first place.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Is Avengers single player good?

i´ve always wanted to try it.
It's forgettable. The game is called "The Avengers" and yet the star of the show is nobody's favorite Kamala Khan and that's who you play as for a huge portion of the campaign. The writing is really weak and cliche, it's like watching community college stage play version of The Avengers. Gameplay is also extremely repetitive because all you do is mash 2 buttons to beat up generic-looking robots and that's literally all you fight throughout the entire game. "Wasted potential" should be in this game's subtitle.

But at least MODOK looks better here than he did in that latest Ant-Man movie, lol.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Players seeing Avengers leaving:

Mr Bean Hello GIF by Working Title

Last edited:
I thought about playing Bioshock again, but I never finished them on PS3 and could just continue there.
Borderlands and Saints were Essential some time ago, so no problem.
So I only need to get back to Stray this month.
A bit shorter notice than usual, which is just stupid, but at least not a colossal list with tons of games I can't do in a month.

Also the Mafias and Red Factions are gone. Premium had some nice, sometimes older AAA games in there, but most of the RE were US only anyway, so not much left of the bigger games now and even though PS5 streaming will add value soon, right now the Premium tier is starting to lack even for me, with barely new additions while removing the highlights.
DmC should be a PS4 remaster anyway instead of PS3-stream. Just a waste, reducing the quality for no reason and also needlessly spend PS3 ressources. No idea why to do any PS3 games that exist as PS4 variants.
Is Avengers single player good?
It's not terrible. The main campaign is sorta okay, even though they centered it around the least interesting character of the used characters with some forgetable story. Game is tedious af once you are done with the campaign, doing all grindy repetitive stuff for the trophies. So if you are not into trophies just stop after the final boss and maybe trying some characters beyond those you already played in that. Unless you love it of course.

Premium continues to be a pretty sub-par deal compared to Extra.
That's the average consensus, but depends on if you are into streaming. Premium still adds quite many games after all, and also the streaming option for Extra games. So if you don't own any PS console while still interested in a ton of PS games it's perfect and convenient af to have around 700 games ready at all times.

PSA: if you load/play/refresh the licenses of any game on the last day of them in the service and then go offline, you can continue to play them around 2 weeks, since the license get's issued that long and won't be removed when offline. Had to do that quite often already. Otherwise it checks the license and sees that it's not valid anymore even though it said so before.

Kusarigama

They really need to be better at communicating when at what games are leaving. It's annoying to see that a game is leaving and then you only have a couple of weeks left to play it.
1 full month heads-up shoud do instead of around 3weeks time

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Still seems weird that they’d cut one of their own exclusives
It's not first party, nor do they own the IP. It was on there for a year.

There is an Xbox version coming I believe as well.

Rental services be what they be.

Last edited:

Codes 208

It's not first party, nor do they own the IP. It was one there for a year.

There is an Xbox version coming I believe as well.

Rental services be what they be.
I never saw it as first party, didnt realize it was timed. I just thought it was a second party exclusive

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Stray is a wonderful game. Everyone should play it before it leaves.

FYI - Also Annapurna Interactive will soon host a showcase, and Stray is likely to be announced for Xbox that day. May or may not join Game Pass.

Codes 208

welcome to the gamepass/psplus/sub service model

better get used to it if that's what you're all in on
Third parties sure. But aside from delisted games, all of the first and second party exclusives i have been playing are still available years since launch.

Edit: but its been clear that this isnt even an exclusive so its pretty much moot
Stray is a wonderful game. Everyone should play it before it leaves.

FYI - Also Annapurna Interactive will soon host a showcase, and Stray is likely to be announced for Xbox that day. May or may not join Game Pass.
Sony removing it out of spite like they did with FF wouldnt surprise me
Or at least i believe it was FF

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Third parties sure. But aside from delisted games, all of the first and second party exclusives i have been playing are still available years since launch.

Sony removing it out of spite like they did with FF wouldnt surprise me
Or at least i believe it was FF
Spite? It was most likely a 1-year PS Plus deal, which is now about to be over.

tmlDan

Yea, but they might still eventually leave. Like how older forza games are not on there due to licensing expiration.

Owning things is always better.

Codes 208

Yea, but they might still eventually leave. Like how older forza games are not on there due to licensing expiration.

Owning things is always better.
Saving money is more important for me. Why spend $60 on halo infinite’s campaign when i can just play it for $10 get bored and uninstall

tmlDan

Saving money is more important for me. Why spend $60 on halo infinite’s campaign when i can just play it for $10 get bored and uninstall
for now.....it will go up in price almost guaranteed.

Netflix and all other services are a prime example.

Top Bottom