• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

So I'm playing the 360 ver, and is it worth it to pay for the DLC?

Cold Stream is an awful campaign, but you get all of the Left 4 Dead 1 campaigns with it, which basically doubles the size of L4D2. For $7, that's a good deal.

The Passing and The Sacrifice are okay but they're setup weird for Versus. I think they're both only three maps long, but the middle map is 3x as long. It encourages shorter Versus matches while keeping the length similar for people playing in campaign mode.

I don't necessarily think Passing/Sacrifice are worth $7 each.

It's also worth mentioning that I am speaking from the perspective of a PC player; I'm not actually sure if Passing/Sacrifice has any extended content beyond just those two campaigns (Xbox.com's descriptions don't say much)

vazel

Banned
Left2Learn, a group dedicated to mentoring people into promod, is restarting next Saturday(Jun.6). People that love this game should give it a shot, playing promod is a totally different experience than playing in pubs or casually with friends; the game becomes much more tactical and satisfying. Go here to sign-up. After you've learned how to play promod in L2L you can then go PUG in IXDL(see my post above) or TFPG.

Here is a list of major changes promod introduces to the game.
Infected
-Minimum of 1 Tank on every map.
-Maximum of 2 Tanks on Finales.
-Early saferoom Tank introduced to finales. (excluding Hard Rain)
-Haymakers have been removed. (Attack+Rock at same time)
-Tank can lose rage while Survivors are in certain saferooms (Look at chat-print out during live game)
-Infected respawn timer locked at 18sec.
-Boomer will now spawn a large amount of horde.
-Spitter acid near instantly begins dealing damage once it's landed.
-Spitter acid damage consistently doing 3 damage per tick instead of starting low and rising.
-Charger claw damage reduced to 8.
-Infected can not be lit on fire.
-Common infected will kill an incapacitated survivor quicker.
-Witch will notice survivors farther away, and get angrier quicker.
-Witch will kill an incapacitated survivor significantly quicker.
-Jockey will recharge lunge faster after incapacitating a survivor.
-Spitter will recharge acid quicker after spitting.
-Boomer will recharge bile quicker after vomitting.
-Hunter and Jockey damage per second in capped survivors spread out over 1 second, rather than dealing damage every couple of seconds.
-Slowdown from taking damage removed on Special Infected. (Excluding the Tank)
-Jockey resistance reduced.

Survivors
-All Tier 2/3 weapons have been removed.
-Pipe Bomb removed.
-Molotov lasts 5 seconds, and deals heavy friendly-fire damage. Does not light special infected.
-Incendiary ammo removed.
-Laser sights removed.
-Medkits removed.
-Defibs removed.
-Adrenaline removed.
-Godframes adjusted and reduced from vanilla gameplay. Survivors colored red are currently god-framed.
-Godframes will not prevent Witch damage.
-Godframes will not prevent hittable damage.
-SMG/Uzi weapon class capped at 3 per team. (Meaning someone must run shotgun)
-Deagle weapon class capped at 2 per team.
-Shotgun spread adjusted to be a static (non-visible) circle.
-Shotgun can now friendly-fire for 18-20 damage, rather than 8-10 damage.
-Pain Pills can be passed to team mates, through walls, through buildings, through anything using your reload key. (Default: R)
-Hunting Rifles replaced with ammo-piles (Along with certain extra ammo-piles added in throughout maps)
-Shove fatigue begins after a single shove, resulting in less shoves per minute.
-Shoves will now cause Infected to be stunned for their full-duration, rather than allowing them to have a chance to insta-repounce.
-Survivors will no longer be able to melee-attack the Tank once cornered.
-Survivors can no longer shove Chargers/Tanks passing by to slow them down.
-Shotgun ammunition increased significantly.

Misc.
-All servers run at 60 tickrate, meaning twice as many server calculations a second. (Default: 30)
-Survivors can not leave safe-room until all 8 players have !readyied up.
-Pain pills are given to all four survivors upon leaving the saferoom.
-Health items spawn chance reduced on all maps.
-Several god spots/jesus spots/skips blocked.
-Several console exploit/cheat commands blocked.
-Wait command removed.
-Tank is randomly selected for the Infected team at the beginning of the round, and rotated every map until every player has gotten the Tank at least once.
-Some hittables removed/added/moved.
-Extra spawn areas added with the introduction of certain props.
-Extra spawn areas accessible with the removal of invisible walls.
-Health bonus scoring system rather than damage point scoring system.
-Permanent health and pain pills will provide Survivors with extra points upon reaching saferoom.
-Alarm cars consistent for both teams.
-All witches will be sitting, and never standing.
-LERP/Interpolation/cl_interp over the default 100ms (cl_interp 0.1) blocked.
-cl_interp_ratio set to -1 allowing you to achieve 0ms lerp (10ms lerp recommended).
-Tank has one pass (to self) before becoming AI. This is referred to as, "1st Pass" and "2nd Pass".
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/l2lpug/discussions/5/615085406655574975/

Dalek

I'm bumping this old ass thread because I have an itch to play this game again on Steam and earn some achievements. however I've heard the community can be pretty toxic. Any GAFfers still playing this?

Top Bottom