• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Inspired Wedding Rings

Created by Takayas Custom Jewelry, these beautiful Zelda-inspired rings are made out of white and yellow gold and diamonds, and come complete with Triforce designs.

“In a world full of chaos, this ‘Legend of Zelda’ collection is the perfect symbol for tying the knot,” writes Takayas Custom Jewelry in a blog post.

No price is listed for the rings, however, so I’ve contacted the company to see just how much rupees they cost and will update this post should I get a response.

http://beefjack.com/news/the-legend-of-zelda-wedding-rings-look-beautiful/

Zelda-wedding-ring-1.jpg

Zelda-wedding-ring-3.jpg

Kyzon

Marriage is dangerous alone, take these.

The reason me and the gf aren't getting married is because she won't accept Zelda themed rings, lol.

These are amazing!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
To nerdy… Mariage is bigger than any game. :p

sakipon

The ring in the second picture is too obvious in my opinion. The first one is a great design though. Fans and yourself will see it, for others it's a regular looking ring.

While these are indeed very beautiful...they're just so damn nerdy. Like seriously embarrassing. But hey, more power to those who couldn't care less.

Not for me though.

Wow... we're still referring to gaming-related stuff as "nerdy"?

I didn't realize we were stuck in 1995.

Gaming is mainstream now folks, seriously. Hell people get married in full WoW regalia AT their wedding, audience and all! Putting a zelda-inspired ring on someone's finger is a damn site more "normal" than that, and isn't in the least bit "nerdy" unless you mean that in a complimentary sense like 'Proud to be a nerd'.

Wow... we're still referring to gaming-related stuff as "nerdy"?

I didn't realize we were stuck in 1995.

Gaming is mainstream now folks, seriously. Hell people get married in full WoW regalia AT their wedding, audience and all! Putting a zelda-inspired ring on someone's finger is a damn site more "normal" than that, and isn't in the least bit "nerdy" unless you mean that in a complimentary sense like 'Proud to be a nerd'.
Yeah...no. Memes are all the rage. A lot of gaming/cartoon/comic book stuff has broken into the main stream. But can we please get some perspective.

Shit like this is still embarrassing as fuck. Maybe if you and your gf happened to be the world's biggest Zelda fans and you met each other at a Zelda convention and played Ocarina of Time on your first date and lost your virginity listening to the Gerudo Valley theme...THEN, and only then might this be a cute and funny and romantic enough item to be used as a wedding ring.

But if that's not your relationship history then yeah, even in 2013, this would be embarrassing.

Not

Banned
Nice. But if you legitimately buy these and wear them for the rest of your life, you're not a socially regular individual

jonno394

Yeah...no. Memes are all the rage. A lot of gaming/cartoon/comic book stuff has broken into the main stream. But can we please get some perspective.

Shit like this is still embarrassing as fuck. Maybe if you and your gf happened to be the world's biggest Zelda fans and you met each other at a Zelda convention and played Ocarina of Time on your first date and lost your virginity listening to the Gerudo Valley theme...THEN, and only then might this be a cute and funny and romantic enough item to be used as a wedding ring.

But if that's not your relationship history then yeah, even in 2013, this would be embarrassing.

You care what people think about you and your hobbies. that's embarassing....id never buy or wear them but each to their own. who am i to judge what others do in life?

You care what people think about you and your hobbies. that's embarassing....id never buy or wear them but each to their own. who am i to judge what others do in life?
oh please. Everyone cares about how they're perceived. And everyone has little things about them they wouldn't want to publicize, especially in the form of a wedding ring.

And did you just say you wouldn't judge others and then judge me because like you...I wouldn't wear this. what the fuck?

medze

Not my thing. Mainly cause I'm not a huge Zelda fan and also don't find the men's ring to be that nice of a design.

Not liking it because of it being "embarrassing" or "nerdy" though just screams of insecurity.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Not liking it because of it being "embarrassing" or "nerdy" though just screams of insecurity.

Calm down, people. I applaud everyone for been as whacky or nerdy - a term that I thought is not negatively connoted anymore nowadays - as he or she wants, having a lot of whacky and nerdy features myself. The world would be boring without these things. I just wouldn't associate something as intimate as a wedding ring with a commercial entertainment franchise, although I love Zelda games. When I think about my wife, I don't think about a video game, it just feels plain wrong. But that's just me, if other people think otherwise, bless their hearts.

medze

Calm down, people. I applaud everyone for been as whacky or nerdy - a term that I thought is not negatively connoted anymore nowadays - as he or she wants, having a lot of whacky and nerdy features myself. The world would be boring without these things. I just wouldn't associate something as intimate as a wedding ring with a commercial entertainment franchise, although I love Zelda games. When I think about my wife, I don't think about a video game, it just feels plain wrong. But that's just me, if other people think otherwise, bless their hearts.

Hmmm. yeah I agree that "nerdy" no longer has a negative connotation to a lot of people. Really everyone is a nerd in some regard, be it games, books, movies, sports, etc. Being nerdy just means you are passionate about something. I guess my comment was more directed to the claim of it being "embarrassing" or that the person isn't socially normal if they buy this.

jonno394

oh please. Everyone cares about how they're perceived. And everyone has little things about them they wouldn't want to publicize, especially in the form of a wedding ring.

And did you just say you wouldn't judge others and then judge me because like you...I wouldn't wear this. what the fuck?

The first part where i call you embarassing was clearly tongue in cheek.

eXistor

I just don't think the designs are that good.

First I was like "what are you talking about, these are awesome!" But honestly really looking at them now, I kinda agree. The individual Triforce and Hylian shield look fine, but it's the way they are connected by the Master Sword where it kinda falls apart, it's unnecessary and makes it look way too crowded. I still like them though.

Goody

The ladies ring is nice. Probably a little too elaborate, but I like how wrapping the crest around in such a way obscures it to not have it immediately recognizable as a Zelda themed ring.

The men's ring is just some Zelda stuff on a band.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
The_Spiritual_Stone_of_Water_by_lorka21.jpg

I'll give this to my waifu

oot-ruto.jpg

Don't judge me.

Top Bottom