• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Worlds on Switch began work in January due to good LEGO City Undercover feedback

Cerium

Credit to the junior for the heads up and translation.

To those wondering what happened with Switch version. Coming from Chris Rose, LEGO Worlds Associate Producer:

"We decided to make this version in January. We were looking at the development of LEGO City Undercover, so we asked the team 'How are you going with that?' and the answer was truly positive, testers were very happy with it. Then, we said: 'Ok, let's try it [bringing LEGO Worlds to Switch]', we started to do programming things and testing some optimizations for the graphics engine. This started like three weeks ago, on February. We think that having a portable version of the game is something really interesting, so we went for that."

Source: https://www.nextn.es/2017/03/lego-worlds-nintendo-switch-desarrollo-febrero/

L~A

No wonder it took them so long to officially announce it, then. I mean, if they only started last month...

Isn't LEGO City Undercover also coming to Switch?

Yep. They (the lego worlds team) where getting feedback from the lego city team about the switch version. Since it was postie they decided they would then go an port the Lego world's game to the switch.

butalala

I heard that porting Lego City to Switch went so well that they decided to bring Lego Worlds to the system as well!

zigg

planning to buy both as long as Undercover loading times have become acceptable.
I already own (and love) the Wii U version of Undercover, but when this one goes to $20-land I think I might get it again for a portable replay.

I'm definitely getting LEGO City Undercover on the Switch when it comes out. I loved playing that game on Wii U and I got it for a pretty good price so I don't mind double dipping. Lot of stuff in the game to do as well! Glad to hear the porting went so well that Worlds is coming as well.

I'll probably wait and see how Worlds turns out before deciding what I'll play it on or if I'll get it in general.

OOoh. The Nintendo stuff is for sure in the Switch version? Definitely getting that one if it has local co-op.

Good news, all versions of Undercover have co-op. It was one of the features that was discussed and came out when Best Buy posted the information early and the developers confirmed it later. I'm pretty sure it's two player local co-op. Turns into spilt-screen when you get far away.

empyrean

Loved lego city undercover on the wii u. One of the few games I completed. Wonder if fr load times will be better, they were bad on the wii u

hoserx

Loved lego city undercover on the wii u. One of the few games I completed. Wonder if fr load times will be better, they were bad on the wii u

Man. they surely can't get any worse, could they? I never have issues with things like that, but the load times in this game made me abandon it.

Bazry

I always found the load times of Lego City to be a bit exaggerated, certainly no worse than a lot of others games like FFXV. I think its biggest problem was they gave you a spinning shield and a slow progress bar to look at every time, if they'd just put a few cute pictures up with a bit of funny text, i'll bet people wouldn't have found it to be as bad

I always found the load times of Lego City to be a bit exaggerated, certainly no worse than a lot of others games like FFXV. I think its biggest problem was they gave you a spinning shield and a slow progress bar to look at every time, if they'd just put a few cute pictures up with a bit of funny text, i'll bet people wouldn't have found it to be as bad

And the music too. That tune got into my head when I was playing it a lot when I got to the loading screens.

They better still have that tune that plays when you're searching for something on the floor with the communicator

Yeah, that tune was great. Reminded me of the Pink Panther theme a bit. Music overall was pretty good for an original LEGO game if I remember right.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
LCU is going to drop at a perfect time - Zelda will be wrapped up, and it'll be a great little open world to tide me over til MK8/Puyo Puyo

LCU is going to drop at a perfect time - Zelda will be wrapped up, and it'll be a great little open world to tide me over til MK8/Puyo Puyo

Reminds me of how the game dropped when nothing was on Wii U (released in March 2013 after the post-launch drought along with MonHun3U and Most Wanted U).

M4kk0

Neo Member
Full interview witch Chris Rose has been published just some minutes ago. There are some explanations about development and why they haven't set a launch window for Switch version yet.

"Is the development being difficult?

Every platform has its own challenges. With the Switch, we've found that it it has two modes, when it's connected to the Dock it has more power than Portable mode, something we have to consider when developing. This is Switch's own challenge, but we've already made portable games in the past with the DS or 3DS... We have plenty of stories with handheld consoles, and we know how these work. Having to rescale between two resolutions [Docked and undocked Switch] is something that makes Nintendo Switch something unique. It's a challenge, but it's not something impossible."

"Is there an estimated launch window for LEGO Worlds on the Nintendo Switch?

The truth is... no. We've been very busy with PS4, Xbox One and PC versions. We could try to force ourselves with a date and say: 'It must release this day', but I'm sure that day would come and we wouldn't be able to finish our work by then. We don't know when it will be ready, but I think we could make an announcement in some months."

"Are you going to use any of the Nintendo Switch specific features? Something like the HD Rumble?

We need to investigate a bit more, we're in a really early development stage, so we haven't been able to approach this. There's nothing confirmed, but there's nothing ruled out, we need to do some tests in order to know what's more interesting."

"Have you considered bringing other TT games to Nintendo Switch?

I'm not sure, I'm not very involved in other developments, I don't have enough time! Every time a new platform appears, we take a look to know what we can bring which fits with its concept."

There are more questions about easter eggs and the game, but this is everything regarding the Nintendo Switch.

Source: https://www.nextn.es/2017/03/entrevista-chris-rose-tt-games-lego-worlds/

P.S.: Sorry for my English!

Top Bottom