• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lemmings PSP online doesn't seem to work?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
At least it doesn't for me. Looks like some people at Gamefaqs have no problems, but some do, and have exact same problem I do. Has anyone figured this one out?

When I go online (First menu - Online-> Infrastructure-> Connection-> Login) at the end, after I agree to EULA, I'm told the connection was lost.

I figured it could be just because the online part is not up and running yet on the server side. I guess I was wrong.

Same problem appears with my home wireless router which has WPA encryption, and with the router in my office which has WEP encryption.

Are there any network ports that need to be opened for Lemmings to be able to go online? I remember I had to open a port to be able to play PSP Outrun 2006 online, but it was all explained in the game's manual. Not so with Lemmings.

*edit* I'm thinking the problem might be in the login/password maybe? Do I have to register somewhere first, so that the login name and password I typed at the login screen actually work?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So noone had this problem (or noone has Lemmings to try?) I'm not sure exactly how PSP's WiFi system works, does every game require different ports to be opened on a router? I doubt that's the case as Syphon Filter and Outrun 2006 for example work fine after I had one port opened (the one specified in OR2006 manual)

Kuran

Banned
I'm sorry, I didn't even know the PSP Lemmings had an online mode.. is it just for an online scoreboard?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Sorry, Marconelly, I haven't tried Lemmings. But, no, not every PSP online game requires different ports to be opened up. I've got at least 5 games I've gone online with and didn't have to do anything special on my network for all of them to work.

BuddyC

Marconelly said:
So noone had this problem (or noone has Lemmings to try?) I'm not sure exactly how PSP's WiFi system works, does every game require different ports to be opened on a router? I doubt that's the case as Syphon Filter and Outrun 2006 for example work fine after I had one port opened (the one specified in OR2006 manual)
I had the problem as well, but it was with a preview build of the game. I figured the servers just weren't up yet, and finally one day, after lost connection after lost connection, it finally connected with no problem. Could it be an issue with WEP and WPA? Outside of disabling SSID, my network doesn't have any type of security or encryption.

And no, it's nothing with the Login/Password. You set 'em there and it creates the account, which also had me confused. Maybe try a different name though? I'm surprised no one has downloaded the levels via PSP and then uploaded them onto a web server.

Jim

Marconelly, do you at least get to the point where it shows the user agreement and allows you to login? If so, then you are at least getting to the servers. I also had that issue with the preview version, most likely cause the servers weren't running yet.

I also run no WEP or WBA encryption, though. You should absolutely not need to open any ports or anything to connect.

That's pretty odd that it should still be happening. Did you try registering a completely new login name? Maybe it's conflicting with another and kicking you off?

And yeah, Lemmings allows you to create levels and upload/download/trade them online from within the game. It also has some cool ladder rankings/leaderboards.

Pallaris

If you want to disable WEP/ WBA but are concerned about security you could try setting up your router on a private IP range and turn off DHCP/SSID broadcast. And then manually configure your network devices (PC/PSP) to 'find and connect' to your router.

Almost impossible to get hacked that way as someone would have to guess you even exist, guess your private IP range and guess your SSID. What are the odds...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I get to see License agreement, yes. But when I go to login, it displays that error message.

I know for sure OutRun 2006 only worked online after I opened a certain port, but it was clearly specified in the manual.

I'll try registering a new name. It's funny but Syphon Filter has the exact same login procedure, except that it informs you that you are logging in for the first time and that it will create an account for you the moment you press login button. That way they avoid any confusion about the account creation. Then again maybe Lemmings would do the same if it would let me login to begin with.

Also, I noticed in Syphon Filter it would not let you create a user name of less than 5 characters. My user name for Lemmings has 4 characters I think, so maybe there's the problem if they use the same network code (except that Lemmings maybe has a bug and doesn't perform that check on account creation)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Marconelly said:
I'll try registering a new name. It's funny but Syphon Filter has the exact same login procedure, except that it informs you that you are logging in for the first time and that it will create an account for you the moment you press login button. That way they avoid any confusion about the account creation. Then again maybe Lemmings would do the same if it would let me login to begin with.
yeah, that's the procedure I've generally seen with most recent PS2 and PSP online games, so its odd that Lemmings appears to be skipping that confirmation step.

MadFuzzy

You may want to have a look at this thread on Lik Sang. It seems if you have a US or Japanese PSP you'll need to ring up SCEE and give them a bit of a sob story to get a network access code from them, as only the PAL hardware has them in the box.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It really was the 4 character login name problem. As soon as I created a login name of 5 characters or more, it logins perfectly. It's an ommision that they don't perform that check more properly.

Top Bottom