• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

meech

Preordered through the Microsoft Store after getting 5 error messages. Has someone experience how good their support is?(in case of getting a faulty console)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
You can get it on every canadian website.

Plus they even reduced the price??? Cheaper than ps5
vjZtnI8.png
That was always the price for Canada. Microsoft rounded down like they did with XB1X

Just having fun with bestbuy trying to put a console in the cart but the errors Due to high demand, this item hasn't been added to your cart. Please wait a few minutes before trying again.thank god I got mine from amazon.

cucuchu

Amazon US: Someone mentioned this morning that they received an e-mail already that said their Pre-order would be delayed. I've yet to receive such an e-mail, but I'm curious about the rest of y'all. Mine doesn't have an estimated delivery date yet - you?

They might be referencing the standard 'Orders may be delayed due to demand and supply chain slow-downs' e-mail that went to everyone that pre-ordered a PS5 on amazon. I wouldn't be surprised if we got something similar going out to those of us that pre-ordered XBSEX on amazon too. I wouldn't be too concerned, especially if you got an order in soon after the orders went live.

soulbait

Did anyone preorder multiple consoles just incase of one of the being cancelled ?

Got one on MS store and another on BestBuy for pick up. I have my doubts on the BestBuy one. My plain for now is to hold onto both. If I get a tracking number from MS that guarantees delivery by release date, then I will cancel BestBuy.

spookyfish

Waited for Best Buy all morning.

Finally came up about 12:10, spinning wheel, can’t move to cart, can’t checkout, start to checkout, can’t get to shipping, can’t deliver now, pick a store, pick a store, pick another store, okay, sold out.

Then randomly checked it at 1:22 EDT, and — after trying feverishly, eventually moved to cart, checked out, payment made, DONE.

Dunno if it’ll make it by launch but Series X ordered.

dolabla

Did anyone preorder multiple consoles just incase of one of the being cancelled ?

It wasn't the plan (plan was only to preorder at best buy), but I ended up with two and now this is what I'm gonna do. Will probably give it a couple of weeks to see if any of them cancel. If not, will cancel my amazon order.

LOLCats

Banned
Maybe there's a genius at Best Buy and all the order requests from this morning didnt go through but they use the time to identify the IP addresses of the bots and then block them all and then make the orders live.

press X for doubt

Last edited:

sixamp

Got one on MS store and another on BestBuy for pick up. I have my doubts on the BestBuy one. My plain for now is to hold onto both. If I get a tracking number from MS that guarantees delivery by release date, then I will cancel BestBuy.
I wasn't able to choose to pick one up from best buy 😩

What an aggravating day this was. MS site never worked for me. Constant errors and even though i live in Canada and went on MS Canada site, it kept saying cannot deliver to my country....

Ive never been so aggravated in my life.

Thankfully BestBuy worked.

Got my XSX.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
For those of you frustrated with how long at took at least yall got one in.
I still haven't got one and finally gave up.
Had Target, Best Buy, Microsoft store all open and ready to go at 10 and not one fucking one of them went through after several hours of clicking. Not one.
It's a shame because I really wanted one, but the internet gods are not on my side.

Honestly I wish MS would have sent out the first wave of pre-orders to Xbox Live members who have been paying for Gold for over 10 years. Let them get first dibs and then to 9 year users, 8 years and all the way down to 1....

Last edited:
What a frustrating day. But as the saying goes "it wasn't meant to be". I'll try again next time, hopefully I can snatch one with All Access. Congrats to everyone that was able to grab one.

eNT1TY

Holy crap bestbuy saved my cart spot and emailed me to complete the transaction for my initial series X pre-order for store pick up. Wonder if i should still hold on to my Amazon pre-order, roughly when should one expect an email if they decide to cancal your order? If a day goes by without an auto-cancellation is one pretty much all set? I have no intention of buying 2 and feel a littlle dirty for taking up the spot of another person on the hunt.

Holy crap bestbuy saved my cart spot and emailed me to complete the transaction for my initial series X pre-order for store pick up. Wonder if i should still hold on to my Amazon pre-order, roughly when should one expect an email if they decide to cancal your order? If a day goes by without an auto-cancellation is one pretty much all set? I have no intention of buying 2 and feel a littlle dirty for taking up the spot of another person on the hunt.
I’m like you I just canceled my amazon order I got it at bestbuy cheaper with the 100 rewards coupons ,if they cancel it oh well Still have my ps5 preorder.

dolabla

If you already got the preorder at amazon, then I would hold on to it for at least a week or 2. I'm doing the exact same thing. They don't charge anyways so you have nothing to lose with amazon. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks myself and if one of best buy or amazon hasn't canceled, then I will cancel my amazon order.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Had Target, Best Buy, Microsoft store all open and ready to go at 10 and not one fucking one of them went through after several hours of clicking. Not one.
It's a shame because I really wanted one, but the internet gods are not on my side.

Honestly I wish MS would have sent out the first wave of pre-orders to Xbox Live members who have been paying for Gold for over 10 years. Let them get first dibs and then to 9 year users, 8 years and all the way down to 1....
There was a preorder on the Xbox dashboard. If you go into the store on your Xbox it was a big tile.

KO7

Got the confirmation email from walmart canada saying my order is in - I’m a happy camper. Big thank you to MS Canada again for the Xbox X being cheaper than PS5 disc in Canada.

FeldMonster

That would have been a cool benefit to us long time Xbox Live users. Why stop at 10 years though? I am at 14 years at this point, and there are certainly people from the start (2004?)

This is actually a really smart Idea but I think both Sony and MS want these consoles to appear sold out to drum up more hype and demand.

Maybe covid impacted their ability to produce more consoles..... who knows, but today was a complete mess. Hopeful more pre-orders opens up so people can avoid resellers.

Dural

That would have been a cool benefit to us long time Xbox Live users. Why stop at 10 years though? I am at 14 years at this point, and there are certainly people from the start (2004?)

2002, and that would be me. I think it may have lapsed for a month or two here and there though.

Anybody scared to see Their emails thinking there might be a canceled reply from where you bought it,how many days till we can breath a sigh of relief?

Tulustan

Neo Member
Well I was able to snag an X for myself from the Microsoft store. I was trying to get an X for my dad but I couldnt get the normal $500. Logged into his xbox account on the website and attempted to do All Access (with my SS# and info). I think it did a credit check but then it errored out. So.... maybe a hard check for no reason as there is nothing in his purchase history. Fun day.

Havoc2049

Xbox Live launched November 2002.

I tried like crazy to get one via my cell phone starting at 8 AM PST this morning, as anything gaming related is blocked on my work computers. No luck. I must have hit the submit button like 100 times. A fellow co-worker was able to get one. I should have taken the day off and stood in line at GameStop. This sucks, but oh well.

I got another order in at Best Buy one hour ago. It says the console will be available but they cant handle getting them all out the door.

This was just dumb luck, because I really wanted to use my gift card. Itll go to the friend if he keeps sticking out.

Top Bottom