• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Predict The First Party Launch Lineups For Wii U/PS4/Xbox 720...

MAtgS

Wii U
Super Mario Bros. Mii-Practically a given.

Poke'mon Stadium/Coliseum/Battle Revolution-Mainly a tie in for Gray version on 3DS.

Metroid Prime Hunters 2-I wouldn't expect to see MP4 by Retro this year, but a sequel to the multiplayer based MP done by another studio sounds semi-plausible, It would fill the double duty role of a graphical powerhouse showcase & a demonstration of the new & improved online features.

Wind Waker HD-with new dungeons replacing the triforce & 3rd pearl hunts.

So basically the big franchises are accounted for but not entirely "full size" new games.

Wii U

Angry Birds 3D - Using Wii U tablet as Sling Shot.
Pikmin 3 - tablet controls
Mario Kart Wii U - Controller as aiming/rearview mirror
Pac-Man Party (re-branded Pac-man Versus)
Carnival Games 3D
New You: Fitness & Recipe Companion
Pokemon Snap (Wii U Screen as camera)
My Little Pony: Magic Hearts Are Forever
Darksiders 2
Animal Crossing: Your World

Xbox 720

Halo 4
Kinnect Sports: Winter Olympics
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 (Better With Kinnect 2!)
Half Life 3 (port of earlier released PC game)
Forza 5
Star Wars Old Republic Gold Edition
Kinnectamals: Zoo Keeper
My Little Pony: Magic Hearts Are Forever
Dead Rising 3

Just Dance: Ultimate Party
NBA 2K13
Madden 13

Playstation 4

Star Wars: Old Republic Gold Edition
Half Life 3
Dead Rising 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Regained (Heavy Rain Spritual Successor)
NBA 2K13
Madden 13
World War III: MMO FPS Military Combat (by Zipper)
Parasite Eve+ Zeta: Future Sun/November Moon Awaits
Monster Hunter Next

IrishNinja

Wii U:
Ubisoft Shovelware
Ubisoft Rushed Port

PS4:
Ubisoft Shovelware
Ubisoft Rushed Port

XBox Next:

Ubisoft Shovelware
Ubisoft Rushed Port

Shut it down, folks - we've got us an actual prophet on page 1.

also, UC4 would be amazing at launch, but sounds too good to be true. then again, i'm still believing in Pikmin 4. that said, New Super Mario Bros Mii was obvious even before the tech demo.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The only thing I feel fairly certain of for Wii U is Pikmin 3 / pack in game for day one, New Super Mario Bros Mii sometime shortly after.

zethren

Banned
Time flows like a river, and history repeats

Except that Luigi's Mansion 2 is on the 3DS this year. Though I would love a new Luigi's Mansion for a main console, don't get me wrong.

EDIT: Didn't really consider the possibility that they would simply port the 3DS version to the Wii U, though I wouldn't be sure why that would be necessary or all that effective if the game takes advantage of the 3DS' 3D capabilities. Unless....

...The Wii U is 3D.

:O

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still crossing my fingers for Halo 4 as a launch title. Not likely, but here's hopin'.

Edit : This is also assuming that the 720 will be launching at the end of this year... Which, again, might not be likely.

This is my "cautiously optimistic but yet still somewhat on the realistic side" predictions
Wii U
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros Mii
New ip based off of tech demos
New ip from miyamoto
third party ports and new shit

NeXtbox
Gears Prequel/Halo : subtitle/Halo 4
Fable something or other/new lionhead ip
new family ip
new core/mature ip
third party ports and new shit

PS4
Infamous 3/New sucker punch IP
God of war 4/New SSM IP
new ip
Third party ports and new shit

Anteater

PS4
Jak and Daxter
Uncharted
Something from Media Molecule

XBox
Peter Molyneux's new game
Rare's new game
Halo 4 (maybe a bit too far fetched but I think it would be playable on 360 and 720)

Microsoft
Timed exclusive downloadable map packs for Call of Duty 9 when CoD 9 is played on the XBox Loop.

Sony
Little Big Galaxy - featuring Tablet S support

Nintendo
Angry Birds - Now you can play it away from your television!

edit: not all first-party

Since all three new systems are launching soon (where there is smoke, there is fire, and so many rumor leaks have to mean something), I thought it would be a good idea to predict what each of the first parties would have at the launch of their new system.

At the end of the post, I will also list some token third party games that I believe will be available on all of the systems at launch:

WII U
Pikmin 3
F-Zero U
New Super Mario Bros Mii
Wii Sports 3

XBOX 720/LOOP/INFINITY
Forza 5
Perfect Dark 2
Viva Pinata Kinect
Kinect Sports Season 3

PLAYSTATION 4
God of War 4
Resistance 4
Killzone 4
Uncharted 4

Along with some token third party games that I believe will be on all three systems in their launch windows:

Call of Duty: Iron Wolf
Assassins Creed
Madden 13
FIFA 13
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Grand Theft Auto V
Ninja Gaiden III
Ridge Racer

Wow poor Rare Ms working them like dogs if you get your way

Codeblue

Pikmin 3 is going to be Nintendo's heavy hitter at launch.

I think we'll see Littlebigplanet help launch the PS4.

I can't really think of anything on Microsoft's side except for Kinect Sports/ Adventures.

Everything else will be average or trash. Ubisoft will sucker a bunch of you into a crappy Rayman port. A Super Monkey Ball will come out and not include that flight minigame to everyone's dismay and we'll all talk about how great Monkey Ball 2 was.

WhyMe6

I agree with a lot that has been said in the thread already, but I'll still chuck in my two cents:

Wii U - Based on Q4 2012
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Wii Sports U
Non-Sports Nintendo-Developed Minigame Collection
Ubisoft Fitness/Dance Game
Ubisoft "Hardcore" Port
Ubisoft "Children's" Game (e.g. Petz/Rabbids)
Call of Duty 2012
Darksiders 2
Ninja Gaiden 3
Batman Arkham City: GOTY/Complete Edition
Lego City Stories
Dynasty Warriors 2012
Ridge Racer

Xbox Whatever - Based on Q4 2013
Ridge Racer
Dynasty Warriors 2013
Perfect Dark Kinect (or Halo 5? Or both?!)
Forza 5
Fable 4 (possible as "The Journey" is a spinoff, though it seems to be using the same size dev team as the other titles)
Call of Duty 2013
Ubisoft "Hardcore" Multiplatform release

PS4 - Based on Q4 2013 This one is really hard!
Wipeout
Uncharted 4
Ridge Racer
Dynasty Warriors 2013
Call of Duty 2013
Ubisoft "Hardcore" Multiplatform release

I'm also hoping both the PS4 & Xbox 720etc. will support backwards compatibility with both physical and digital releases. I would also suspect a strong digital download only games presence on launch for both of the consoles. For the Wii U, it will be available "as an update at a later date" <_< (seriously though, the Wii U should have digital downloads Day 1 also).

WiiU:
Pikmin
Fzero or some new racing game
New Miyamoto IP
WiiU tech demos
Pokemon
Retro game
Forknight
Surprising game between Nintendo and major 3rd dev

PS4:
Last of Us
Racing game
Action
Action/Adventure
Something that will make gaf go WTF

Xbox:
Halo whatever
Shooter 2
Forknight
Ryse
Weird looking game that will make gaf go WTF 1
Weird looking game that will make gaf go WTF 2
Weird looking game that will make gaf go WTF 3
Weird looking game that will make gaf go WTF 4

MarkusRJR

What I want the Wii U lineup to be:
-New Super Mario Bros Mii
-Wii U Sports
-Pikmin 3
-Earthbound U (3D remake of the original Earthbound)
-F-Zero ZU
-Startropics 3 (by Retro Studios)
-Metroid Dread (2D Metroidvania with HD art in a style comparable to Muramasa: The Demon Blade)
-Pilotwings: Dat Ass Edition (Wuhu Island is replaced with Assopia, an island in the shape of Nicki Minaj's booty. Fly around and take in the spectacle of a once in a lifetime view!)
-Pokemon Other MMO (Developed by Retro Studios + Team Ninja; a bloody, gritty, ultraviolent MMO featuring Pokemon)
-Animal Crossing: New York (Co-developed by Rockstar; You are a citizen in the Ghetto, Tom Nook is the head of the local gang and decides to provide for you given you do him favors, Mayor Tortimer is a crazed druggie that lies on the sidewalk and believes he's a turtle. You spend the game learning more and more about the individual fuck-ups in the ghetto. Bring in a friend to help with online multiplayer)

A realistic Wii U launch lineup:
-New Super Mario Bros. Mii
-Wii U Sports
-A second party game based on an established Nintendo IP

KAL2006

Banned
Wii U
New Super Mario Bros Mii
Wii U Sports
Pikmin 3
Retro's new game

PS4
Uncharted 4
MotorStorm (or new racer franchise by Evolution)
inFamous 3 (or new IP by Sucker Punch)

Xbox 720
Fable 4
Kinect Sports 3
Perfect Dark 2 (or Killer Instinct)

Halo 4 will be for 360
God of War 4, Last of Us, Quantic Dreams game and Guerilla Games next game will all be for PS3

Berksy

WiiU: tablet controller mini game bundle, some forgotten 1st party IP revitalized
Xbox: kinect mini game bundle, mediocre first/third party fps/tps
PS: wipeout, mingol (ridge racer no more)

[Nintex]

Wii U depends on the launch date, if Nintendo ships in July the line-up will look different compared to fall so this is just guess work:

Wii U:
first party:
EAD Tokyo Mario Game(Mario 3D Land was made by a small team so they had the headcount to ready a next gen Mario)
Wii U Sports(It's in Nintendo's best interest to try and cater to the casual gamers from day 1)
Monolith Software game(Maybe in Japan Monolith will have a game ready for launch)
F-Zero Wii U(One of those titles that could make use of expensive impressive graphics)

third party:
a whole bunch of (improved) ports(Batman, Darksiders II, Metro, Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens you name it)
EA Games
Star Wars action game(Nintendo probably wanted this back as part of their 'tradition', no clue as to who's developing, Rebellion has some TBA projects)
Killer Freaks
Sonic Dimensions (?)

If Halo 4 and the PlayGround Games racer end up only on Xbox 360 and MS ships the 720 this fall:

Xbox 720
first party developed/published:
Ruffian game(shooter/action/Perfect Dark?)
Kinect Sports Next Gen
Kudo Tsunoda's Next Gen Team game
MGS Vancouver shooter

third party:
Doom4(?)
Need for Speed by Criterion(?)
GRID2(?)
Call of Duty
Visceral Games title(Dante's Infernal 2?)
Splinter Cell 6(?)
EA Sports title

For titles that could possibly release simply look for games that should've shipped already or dropped from the map. For instance GRID2 was supposed to come out this spring and dropped from the radar, MGS Vancouver delayed the announcement of their game. Rare has developed a new engine last year. Ruffian has multiple games in production and none announced.

Doom4 is one of those titles that needs to be launched with new tech. Criterion only made that Burnout XBLA/PSN game and EA is yet to announce Need for Speed 2012. Splinter Cell 6 is also in development for a while now and we haven't seen that either. I recall a composer leaked Dante's Infernal 2 and I've yet to see it show up. EA Sports hired a former Sony San Diego guy to be creative director for Next Gen Madden.

I've yet to look into possible releases for the PS4 but Killzone 4 seems to be high on the 'probable' list.

Caramello

I'm going to guess for the launch window, which to me is about the first 3 months.

Wii U:

Nintendo:

- Wii Sports U (Pack in)
- Wii Play U (Or similar kind of title)
- New Super Mario Bros. Mii
- Pikmin 3
- Monster Games developed Racing Title

Third Party:

- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Assassins Creed 3
- Batman: Arkham City Redux
- Call of Duty: Iron Wolf
- Darksiders 2
- Ghost Recon Online
- Killer Freaks from Outer Space
- Lego City Stories
- Madden 2013
- Metro: Last Light
- Need for Speed
- Tekken U

Microsoft and Sony are too far out to guess.. All I know is that people have WILD expectations for a hardware launch and should par them down a little
(actually a lot)

Pezking

Launch lineups have been quite mediocre for some time now. The potential system sellers will arrive 6 months after launch at the earliest, so I see no Halo, Gears of War, God of War, Uncharted or any AAA-3rd-Party-Titles right at launch.

My launch predictions:

Wii U
Just Dance 4
Wii U Play
1080° Snowboarding 3
Super Smash Bros. Universe
Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection

Playstation 4Play
Ridge Racer 4000
Resistance 4
inFamous 3
Musicstar
Modnation Flyers

Zunect
Forza 5
Crysis 3
Fable IV
King Kong Kinect (also known as KKK)
Blinx 3

AntMurda

Wiii U
* New Super Mario Bros. Mii
* Wii Sports Remix
* Wave Race or Excitebike Racing
* Battle Mii

Microsoft
* Original Games

miksar

Since all three new systems are launching soon (where there is smoke, there is fire, and so many rumor leaks have to mean something), I thought it would be a good idea to predict what each of the first parties would have at the launch of their new system.
PLAYSTATION 4
God of War 4
Resistance 4
Killzone 4
Uncharted 4
I predict "Playstation 4U/For You!" name change.

AntMurda

[Nintex];34093067 said:
EAD Tokyo Mario Game(Mario 3D Land was made by a small team so they had the headcount to ready a next gen Mario)

So even though New Super Mario Bros team last released a game in 2009, showed an early version of New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii U, and even trademarked New Super Mario Bros. Mii as a new game.

You predict EAD Tokyo who just released a game to develop a next-gen Mario in even less time for launch???

O_O

[Nintex]

So even though New Super Mario Bros team last released a game in 2009, showed an early version of New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii U, and even trademarked New Super Mario Bros. Mii as a new game.

You predict EAD Tokyo who just released a game to develop a next-gen Mario in even less time for launch???

O_O

EAD Tokyo has 2 teams

Team 1: Super Mario Galaxy > Unknown new Project
Team 2: Super Mario Galaxy 2 > Super Mario 3D Land

Wazzim

Banned
PLAYSTATION 4
God of War 4
Resistance 4
Killzone 4
Uncharted 4

Most terrible list of generic crap ever, no way this is going to get me a PS4.
I want new IP's, first party RPGs, something different. Bringing back old franchises like Parappa the rapper would be good too.

Wii U -

Super Mario Bros Mii
Excite Truck 2
Bob Ross Title

Xbox720 -

Halo
Oddworld
Kinectimals720

PS4 -

Ridge Racer
Bioshock 2
Metal Gear Solid Title

seady

Be realistic here.

Wii U
- Pikmin 3 (will take advantage of the tablet for strategy elements)
- Wii U Play
- Wii U Sports
- Super Mario Party

Xbox Next
- Dance Central Next
- UNO Party
- Forza 5
- New Franchise (some shooters)
(will rely on the next Call of Duty to get through the launch)

PS4
- New Franchise (some shooters)
- Pixel Junk XXX
- Wipeout Extreme
- Hot Shot Golf 7

AntMurda

[Nintex];34095157 said:
EAD Tokyo has 2 teams

Team 1: Super Mario Galaxy > Unknown new Project
Team 2: Super Mario Galaxy 2 > Super Mario 3D Land

It's two groups and multiple teams at Tokyo from Shikamaru/ Wikipedia. But Koichi Hayashida is the director of Galaxy/3D Land so the next Tokyo game will likely be something other than Mario.

Wii U is probably the most predictable one

- Pikmin 3
- New Miyamoto project *
- Metroid Prime 4 + Hunters
- New Super Mario Bros. HD (wishful thinking: Collaboration with Good Feel for hand drawn art style)
- WarioWare HD
- Wii Sports/Play mini games on internal flash memory

* Clues about Miyamoto's new project-

It's probably going to be a new character-focused IP, Miyamoto's new hobby is swimming
http://wii.ign.com/articles/110/1103322p1.html
http://www.giantbomb.com/shigeru-mi...g-oh-and-he-wants-to-make-a-new-ip/35-428660/

Top Bottom