• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Show Our Cars!!

I'm not showing you all the boring car I drive these days.

But my first car was a glorious version of this,

w0ue63a.jpg

With nicer wheels & the loudest exhaust you ever heard.
Those Courtneys are the only wheels for a Nova!

Patrick S.

Banned
mJCxXfE.jpg

6vzyIj3.jpg

Picked up a Scion very cheap, put a used door on it and painted it ( I work as a painter ). I generally flip every car I buy but I might drive it for a little while.

Cool, I can ask this question to a Gaffer :) I picked up a project car last year and haven't touched it since. The paint on it is pretty bad overall, and it had a small accident on a rear side quarter. I took out the interior trims behind it and hammered everthing out as good as I can, and am going to fill it in the next few days. I want to paint at least the rear quarter in the next few weeks, but I don't really want to spend money on a compressor, which I don't have. I could either get two spray cans worth of paint made for the job, or borrow a compressor. I know the compressor I could get isn't up to it using a HVLP spray gun, because it only has a 24 liter air tank and is good for around 110l/min output, if I recall the data on the sticker correctly. The typical small compressor made for inflating tires and stuff. At least it's oil free ;) Do you think I should go for the spray cans, or should I rather get a cheap LVLP spray gun for the job? I do have a spray gun laying around, but it's a HVLP and I only have a 1.7mm nozzle, which is better suited for filler. The cheapest gun and the cheapest compressor will probably still produce better results than spray cans, right? I don't expect a super perfect finnish, and will buff out the most horrible imperfections afterwards ;)

Last edited:

rykomatsu

Keep M235i 6MT or upgrade to an M2 Competition 6MT? What say you GAF?

Not really interested in modding the M235i with JB4 / Bootmod3 and other bits and pieces...

Also thinking that either this gen or next gen M2 might be the final petrol motor M2...

Everyone that has a car payment gets a 60 day extension... glad my other car is paid off. Would like to buy a newer Genesis sedan but my insurance will be as much as my note and that no Bueno.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
IMG-20191005-185609-01.jpg

MB CLA 180 2019. Paid over 10 000 in taxes alone, that's a mistake I won't be doing again this autumn. Time to change it to a boring plug-in hybrid SUV due to the newborn.
I'm sorry, but you paid 10K in taxes for that?
Where do you live?

Last edited:

gundalf

I'm sorry, but you paid 10K in taxes for that?
Where do you live?

I could be wrong but I think he got this as a company car and a percentage (usually 1%) of the sticker price counts as monthly salary. Let's say he gets a $50k car, then his monthly salary is increased by $500 which in turn increases the income tax. Now I don't know if this is the case in the USA but its how it goes in many european countries.

Last edited:

TheMan

Still rocking an 06 civic which was bought new oh so long ago.

Plan on getting a 2021 Veloster n later this year

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Old pics of my vehicle. Since then I painted the rims mate black, switched to a short radio antenna, re-painted it again due to a hit that destroyed the door, replaced the roof and went for a better suspension. Previously, I had upgraded the control panel; I have Apple CarPlay on it, with a sweet sound system.

F31 Leopard

My 1992 Nissan Cefiro. I'm the only one in Hawai'i that has one. I always get asked if it's a Nissan Skyline or Toyota Chaser and sometimes a Nissan Laurel.

Last edited:

rykomatsu

Super excited since P-car ownership has been a childhood dream. Supposed to be getting my 2014 911 Carrera S on Monday - carrier has picked it up from Florida this morning.

hpTVSxf.jpg

Half expecting this, however, since I did not see the vehicle in person (though I did get a prepurchase inspection at a porsche indie) :messenger_grimmacing_

2020-06-12.png

V2Tommy

Super excited since P-car ownership has been a childhood dream. Supposed to be getting my 2014 911 Carrera S on Monday - carrier has picked it up from Florida this morning.

hpTVSxf.jpg

This makes my heart swell. Congrats, dude! My next car is a Boxster S, so I appreciate your fine taste!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

This pic is about a year old but that's my 2017 Golf R after a good wash. I'll probably be buried in this car because it does everything I'd ever want a car to do while still being comfortable and semi-luxurious on the inside. I've looked at a lot of the potential upgrades that interest me and they get real expensive real quick with a whole lot of diminishing returns or have other drawbacks (being too small, no hatch, etc.).

TheContact

not my actual car as I never took a picture of it, but it's a 2016 CX-9 GT (same color)
I used to have a CX5 but with 3 kids I needed a vehicle with a third row. I've had great experiences with Mazda the last few years. It's a comfortable and somewhat enjoyable car to drive for what it is. When my kids are older and moved out hopefully I'll get an electric Miata lol
fdafeb01db3344b08220ed411a28c877.jpg

Top Bottom