• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets Talk About Nintendo-Memories.com

Lets talk about Nintendo-Memories.com If you haven't heard of this site, its not surprising, reviews and info aside from a limited number of Reddit posts are hard to come by. Althought through your searches of retro games, cookies may point you to the website.

uCgHCsGh.png

Previously, Nintendo-Memories.com started out as DejaVuGames on eBay back in 2010, starting my eBay journey around that time to help combat the prices of mom & pop stores to build my retro collection, I skeptically dipped my toes into the the world of eBay and was not disappointed, although until now I had never come across DejaVuGames.

iupao95h.png

Now buyer beware, yes almost everything always seems to be on sale, buyer beware... I get it but Nintendo-Memories does make a convincing argument. As per "Are My Games Legit." Backed by a money back guarantee, as per the website.

RNtyclCh.png

My crime? I went big, well I had some extra money and wanted to add the two games that always eluded my retro collection. Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. I was provided with a tracking number upon shipping for both games (which was reassuring) and they arrived relatively quick. When I opened up the games, it was pretty clear on what I got, which was two repros (reproductions)

DTkPiEjh.jpg

ovCpd6Yh.jpg

Clearly the label just from this view is too glossy to be legit.

7AY6BaEh.jpg

With a noticeable bubble thats obviously not from wear and tear.

ONJAJdRh.jpg

cKOxiB5h.jpg

pq7o3kqh.jpg

(W2465S-70LL 06281)

Now as a collector of 30 years, I definitely had my suspicions something was up, I wouldn't have even minded so much if they just told me that each cart would be a repro but as per the website in the previous screenshot, they claim they're sending authentic copies, which is pretty much outright fraud.

To add insult to injury to further confirm Nintendo-Memories knew these were repos it appears as if they did a test of Earthbound.

NgdHcEDh.jpg

And Chrono Trigger may have previously been tested/ returned.

pN1z8Crh.jpg

Upon emailing customer service, I got what seemed to be an auto-response stating to send the games back in their original packaging (which was pretty much a custom fit ziplock type bag) within 30 days, and once shipped back to

NintendoMemories
647-360-3015
1215 Bayly St
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
CustomerService@Nintendo-Memories.ca

upon inspection of the company if everything was deemed to be in satisfactory condition a refund would be processed. They also reimburse the shipping costs apparently and mentioned in their response how they know my time is valuable and they appreciate my concern.

...If that were true would they not just advertise these are repro games?

I am considering contacting Nintendo to report this. Normally, I'd never do this but given the fact its plain as day that Nintendo-Memories.com claims to sell authentic copies and then makes the unsuspecting consumer send the repros back before getting a refund, I feel a heads up may be warranted, kinda goes against my morale fiber but I feel this kind of warrants it.

DPDQmMch.png

The biggest point of this thread (with not much prior info on Nintendo-Memories.com) is to get the official word out, that they sell repro. Not authentic copies as stated on the website. Share this, tell your friends, spread it through the gaming community not because I didn't know something was up paying $34.99 USD for Chrono Trigger and $49.99 USD for Earthbound but because I wanted to know forsure and get the word out, officially, I hope to keep my repros and get a refund when I was clearly mislead here and I'll update this post as things progress.

Last edited:
Top Bottom