• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's write a story GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfony O

Let's write a story GAF...

OK I felt the need to come up with an imaginative first thread. Hope this doesn't cross any boundaries. I feel we've got a lot of creative minds right here. Honestly, some of the things I read be it funny, serious or creative are really entertaining. So I've come up with an idea where we get to write a story together. I'll try to set out some ground rules to get things a little organized.

1) I'll write up an introduction to the story

2) the next poster will continue where I left off with 250 words

3) The poster after that will continue in the same manner with 250 words after the poster before him

4) In order to synchronize the posts, I thought posts should first be reserved. Once you know where you're post stands, wait for the poster above you to complete his then add your addition to the story.

5) Be creative, make your passage funny as hell or dark and gritty. The only important rule is it continues where the previous poster left off. Try to include the main protagonist, we don’t want to get lost.

6) If you posted, you won’t be able to add another passage until 2 pages’ have been taken.

7) I’ll summarize the entire story in the end and we can have a laugh, and who knows maybe even spread the split personality narrative to the world.

PS: Really sorry if this has been done before (searched but couldn’t find anything), or if it is a ridiculous idea.

If you feel the word limit for every post is too much/too little, please let me know and we'll have it adjusted. Well here goes nothing:

Heroes, Devils, and Gaf

The sweat trickled down his head as he ran across the pavement. This was it. He had one shot to get onto the terra-bus. He was not ready to miss it. He saw a glimpse of the sign which hung high above the rear window: "Only Winners come Back".
He chuckled.

"They really love to encourage the newcomers" He muttered.

Suddenly, the rear lights light up. The anti-gravity propellers fire up and the bus is lifted a few inches above the ground. "No fucking way" Justin Gaf shouted. He picks up his pace. He wasn't going to miss this chance. He had been practising Sky Chess all his life. He knew his role, and he was determined to make history. The bus started to push forward. It was now or never. He looked down at his maGnoBoots whist activating them on his CM wrist command module. He rockets into the sky and lands straight onto the rear of the bus. He grabs onto the roof but feels his grip about to give way. In a desperate rush he flicks on the gravity enhancers on his Cm module. He was safe for now. Justine takes a quick scan around him. The bus had picked up speed. He knocks twice on the roof in attempts to stop the bus but there was no response. He slowly makes his way to the front ducking and dodging every tree branch. He then proceeds to drop his head upside down onto the front windscreen. He sees a middle-aged driver with a scar extending from his temple to the right side of his lip. The driver proceeds to spit on the windshield and extends his hand making a gun gesture as if he is shooting Justin, but Justin wasn't taking shit today. He pulls out his Blaster and points it straight at driver
"Hi"....

Anfony O

Can I reserve the 7th position?
Technically by posting you just resevred the 1st position :p But yeah sure I'm still figuring out the rules myself. I guess the norm should be to post just the words "reserved", determine who is in front of you, then continue where they finished off. For example you just posted, in doing so you've established you were right after me. So you can then edit your post to continue where I left off.

vern

Technically by posting you just resevred the 1st position :p But yeah sure I'm still figuring out the rules myself. I guess the norm should be to post just the words "reserved", determine who is in front of you, then continue where they finished off. For example you just posted, in doing so you've established you were right after me. So you can then edit your post to continue where I left off.

But is midnight here lol. So that's why I wanted later. I'm going to bed. Someone else can have part 2. And 3 since you claimed it with your next post. And 4th simce I just claimed it. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom