• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 cancels Ushiro?

Spiegel

The horror-RPG announced in 2008 for PSP

727256-ushiro_splash_large.jpg

It has disappeared from the products section and the game's website has been deleted

http://www.level5.co.jp/products/ushiro/index.html

I wonder if it ever really exisited

Sure there was that video, but I'm guessing it was just a concept video and there was no actual game behind it

A shame because it looked more interesting then the robot one

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I think it makes sense if they can't get it out anytime soon on PSP with the delay. Maybe it'll appear on PSP2 though?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They probably just have to other promising stuff to develop - and they are gonna make sure that they can milk their cash cows first (ie and layton )

Mr.Wuggles

Neo Member
i highly doubt it's canceled. it's probably going through development hell and isn't anywhere near finished, no reason to have filler on their website for another 2 years.

cw_sasuke

Hmm...Inazuma 11 Break is also missing on that homepage but Hino just confirmed via twitter that the didnt cancel the game - so probably false alarm spiegel...

Ushiro looked to be by far the most interesting and different thing they were developing. Still looking forward to The Another World and Cardboard Senki, but Ushiro was always the highlight of their lineup in my opinion.

It has been missing from all of their events since its reveal however, so it will be sad if its been shitcanned :(

Spiegel

cw_sasuke said:
Hmm...Inazuma 11 Break is also missing on that homepage but Hino just confirmed via twitter that the didnt cancel the game - so probably false alarm spiegel...

But Inazuma 11 Break didn't have a website (I think).

Durante

SecretBonusPoint said:
Ushiro looked to be by far the most interesting and different thing they were developing. Still looking forward to The Another World and Cardboard Senki, but Ushiro was always the highlight of their lineup in my opinion.
I agree. This was their most exciting project IMHO. Too bad if true.

HamPster PamPster said:
I wonder if it ever really exisited

Sure there was that video, but I'm guessing it was just a concept video and there was no actual game behind it

A shame because it looked more interesting then the robot one
Next you're going to tell me that Sadness isn't real.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kyoufu said:
Yay, lets cancel interesting projects and instead make more White Knight games! YEAH!
Now there's something I can agree with. Sony should have funded Ushiro instead of more White Knight, but I guess the latter is selling decently...

They probably realized that the concept could not be turned into a huge franchise that they could immediately start to milk. So they are rather focusing on the other gazillion games in development.
But seriously, it wouldn't really sadden me. It was promising (which is actually true for pretty much every Level 5 project), but I just didn't know and see enough of the game to have any further excitement.

Big B

let's cancel new IPs and keep milking your soccer and puzzle games. YEAH. At least they still have Another World.

GothPunk

cw_sasuke said:
Has anyone mentioned Ushiro to Hino via his Twitter?

I really hope this game hasn't been cancelled. :(

cw_sasuke

GothPunk said:
Has anyone mentioned Ushiro to Hino via his Twitter?

I really hope this game hasn't been cancelled. :(

No just asked about Inazuma 11...which makes sense since it their new Mio-selling IP

Brofist

Kyoufu said:
Yay, lets cancel interesting projects and instead make more White Knight games! YEAH!
WK wasn't that bad, not sure why you are singling it out as opposed to the other games they are milking with yearly sequels.

Jay Sosa

Hope they'll atleast release it on either PS2 or PSN. Not very sirprised by this news since the Go failed miserably.

Kyoufu

Jay Sosa said:
Hope they'll atleast release it on either PS2 or PSN. Not very sirprised by this news since the Go failed miserably.

The PSP Go failing doesn't mean the PSP platform is failing in Japan.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well this royally sucks if true .

the gameplay video they showed some years back looked promising.

duckroll

This is no big deal. It doesn't matter if the game is "cancelled" or not. They still have not released Cardboard Senki (Little Battlers), and considering how the game seems to be taking years to make, even if the team went on to work on Ushiro right after it is completed, we'll be looking at a 2012 release at the earliest.

Scribble

This was one of the most intriguing JRPGs I've seen in a long time, and I was really looking forward to it (Well, as much as you can look forward to something which didn't have a steady flow of info). Oh well ;_;

duckroll said:
This is no big deal. It doesn't matter if the game is "cancelled" or not. They still have not released Cardboard Senki (Little Battlers), and considering how the game seems to be taking years to make, even if the team went on to work on Ushiro right after it is completed, we'll be looking at a 2012 release at the earliest.
Ushiro did look awesome. But I'd much rather have Cardboard Senki. It seems that all the portable games they annouced in 2008 have extremely long development times...

Top Bottom