• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5 trademarks "Lady Layton", "Inazuma Eleven Ares" & more in EU (L5V leaks ahoy)

L~A

Yo-kai Daijiten is indeed the Yo-kai encyclopedia book (at least that's how they call it at the end of every single episode of the anime).

Only real new stuff is Inazuma Eleven Ares, Otmé HERO (new crossmedia IP, maybe), and Lady Layton.

All the rest was previously known/released, including Megaton Musashi (got a trademark in Japan a long time ago).

Miker

I'm in for a new Layton, despite only having played 3 because it's the best one and they pumped out way too many.

I'm probably way too pessimistic, but I think the Layton series is done on Nintendo hardware. The sales dropped so much with each entry after 3 that I'm just assuming everything is mobile now.
Well, I personally think that Lady Layton will get back most of the demographic that bought Curious Village back. I think it's a great title to put on the 3DS, although we do not know much about the game as of yet.

Hell yes, Lady Layton. I'm pretty sure I'm alone in saying that I hope that
it's Flora, since after the first game she's essentially Layton's adoptive daughter and that they've barely done anything with her, so this can be her chance to stand out
. Pretty confident this will be a 3DS title too and not mobile exclusive.

jay

Layton is a last name. Women have last names. The game could be called Dr Layton, or Officer Layton, or Investigator Layton, or whatever and the main character is a woman.

After that garbage story Azran Legacy pulled I can't say I'm excited about any more Professor Layton games. Lady Layton might just be Layton 7 anyway right?
(Edit: Apparently Layton 7 is a Japanese only mobile game that plays like Werewolf/Mafia? Weird)

A Yo-Kai Watch Rhythm game sounds fun though. Some good tunes in the game.

I pray for NNK2 to make an appearance. It was originally planned to be revealed over a year ago and it's now been good 7 months since the announcement trailer (that seemed pretty far along with English dub and everything). I suppose if it doesn't appear here it will be until TGS or PSX :(

Earlyish 2017 release would make my day.

Aters

I never really tried Professor Layton series. Time to change it. The setting is really intriguing.

Yo-kai Geroponrythm? This is totally going to be a game following the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy formula.

How is the quality of the soundtrack of YW series?

Mivey

The new layton is probably gonna be a F2P where you buy puzzle packs. Like the bonus things in the 3DS games, but as a whole game. Could see that working well in Japanese mobile space.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'd think any new Layton game would hit mobile and 3DS.

kromeo

What would be the best Layton game to start with assuming I'm not going to play them all?

dark cloud 3 dream still dead :<

It's dead as suikoden and breath of fire. Level 5 have no interest in this kind of game anymore and I can't see Sony bothering either

maxcriden

What would be the best Layton game to start with assuming I'm not going to play them all?

I've only played the first three. While the second might be my fave and the one I started with, the first is excellent also and id say you might as well start from the intended beginning of the story (the second trilogy is a prequel but not intended to be played first). The puzzles in the first game still hold up wonderfully to this day (and any few devious clunkers are no different then than they are now, haha).

vareon

Inazuma Eleven Ares is going to be Inazuma Eleven Musou, isn't it?

But yeah, I'm interested in seeing a "back to basics" Inazuma Eleven. IE Go crossed the line with its fantasy shots (a weird thing to say in IE, but you'll get the idea if you're familiar with it) so I hope for more ridiculous shots, less FF Summons.

You might as well start with curious village. They're pretty much self contained stories, though each trilogy 1-3 and 4-6 have an overarching story. In terms of puzzles none are really better or worse than each other.

takoyaki

Very curious about Lady Layton.

I'd prefer a normal Layton 7, but I'm also ok with a reboot of the cast if they do it right.

I just hope they don't change too much when it comes to gameplay and the flow of previous Layton game. It's my favorite DS/3DS franchise and I really miss playing new Layton games on a yearly basis.

That artwork of the potential "Lady Layton" character is honestly giving me more ace attorney vibes (Admittedly that might just be the suit!). Maybe it's more in line with the Layton Brothers game rather than a puzzle game ala Layton 1-6.

maxcriden

That artwork of the potential "Lady Layton" character is honestly giving me more ace attorney vibes (Admittedly that might just be the suit!). Maybe it's more in line with the Layton Brothers game rather than a puzzle game ala Layton 1-6.

According to Famitsu (via Kotaku), the new game will be part of the main series, but won't star the professor. Some concept art was revealed too, and we're yet to see anything of the titular professor yet.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/27/new-professor-layton-coming-with-a-new-main-character

Makes me think it will be a main Layton puzzle game. :)

Top Bottom