• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liam Neeson says Star Wars: The Phantom Menace backlash robbed Ahmed Best of becoming the next Eddie Murphy

teezzy

Banned
As a kid, I owned both a Jar Jar inflatable chair and pool floatie. I'll stick up for Binks any day. Meesa loyal dude.

Not my pics, but...

Dzju3CnXgAANrF6.png

DzjurBiWsAEPmwY.png

Cleared_Hot

Yeh, I remember this. He is trying to kiss the ring publicly so that he gets more work down the line. If his past comes out again, with the current climate, he’ll be out of a job for the rest of his career.
It was such a realistic and honest thing that he said and felt considering what had happened. If a black guy said this nobody would care.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
The guy wasn't that bad actually, and he was memorable as Jar Jar and did a good job as one of the first ever digital characters.

The problem was Lucas, not the actor. He was the one that made Jar Jar stupid and annoying. Lucas tells him have this stupid accent and act like a farting baffon, and then Lucas had his CGI guys animate the character.

Kev Kev

the back lash to the SW franchise since the prequels has been nothing short of childish and pathetic

now its just going to happen no matter what, bc you tubers and others out there knows that hating SW gets clicks.... smh so fucking stupid but that is the reality now. they basically can't make a good star wars at this point bc so many will shit on it just for views, and once again we will see a preposterous amount of hate and vitriol for a god damned kids fantasy space flick. jfc

Johnson isn't fit to lick the Midiclorian sperm from one of Lucas's used condoms.
come on dude wtf, nobody wants to read that shit. fucking disgusting man, why would you think that was a good post

Last edited:
the back lash to the SW franchise since the prequels has been nothing short of childish and pathetic

now its just going to happen no matter what, bc you tubers and others out there knows that hating SW gets clicks.... smh so fucking stupid but that is the reality now. they basically can't make a good star wars at this point bc so many will shit on it just for views, and once again we will see a preposterous amount of hate and vitriol for a god damned kids fantasy space flick. jfc

come on dude wtf, nobody wants to read that shit. fucking disgusting man, why would you think that was a good post

This is the director that made me watch one of my childhood heroes suck alien teet and gorge on gangrene colour milk!

Seems the Mandalorian is quite loved, though..
I worry about season 2, though..

Kev Kev

Seems the Mandalorian is quite loved, though..
I worry about season 2, though..
thats true, point taken. TFA got decent rcption too though, it wasnt till TLJ that people threw stones. ok so yeah maybe im a bit off with the "every new SW" but it still feels like there is always a side that has a seething hate for it for some reason lol oh well, ive enjoyed pretty much all of them, guess im lucky to be easily entertained

This is the director that made me watch one of my childhood heroes suck alien teet and gorge on gangrene colour milk!
and this almost ruined my computer just now bc i read it with a full sip of coffee in my mouth :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: omg i literally have tears in my eyes

Last edited:

Codswallop_

Neophyte
Eddie Murphy is one of those greats that you only see a handful of every generation. This other guy caught some undeserved flack for playing JarJar.....but come on.

Last edited:
Why? Please be vague; haven't seen season 1 yet.
Because being a Star Wars fan is like being given a glimpse of hope every few years, and suddenly you sit in the same old container full of shit, and you cannot believe they fooled you AGAIN!

I liked The Phantom Menace. It wasn't perfect, but a nice start. Then Attack of the Clones happened.
I liked The Force Awakens. It wasn't perfect, but a nice start. Then The Last Jedi happened.

I am very wary of the second season of the Mandalorian after that really nice first one.

Fool me once, okay. Fool me twice, it's my fault. But you won't fool me three times, you motherfuckers at Lucasfilm.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So I revisited the prequels a few months back and honestly I absolutely loved them. The acting is awful, the dialog cheesy, but the ambition and the world-building is magnificent. The sequels.. TFA got a good reaction mostly because people were relieved to finally have a Star Wars film and it wasn't completely awful. Sure it was a New Hope remake but there were hints that something could be built - Finn was potentially an interesting character. The problem is TLJ fucked it all.

I think in some ways before this Star Wars had a problem - it was split between fans for whom there was only the original trilogy and those who liked the prequels and the likes of KOTOR. For the latter, there's a little more room to experiment in the universe I think, but the former are valid as they were there from the start - without them there would be no prequels or sequels. Now it's also split a third way with the SJW sequel mob (though one could argue they've brought the other two sides together by being so shit). It means that now it's very very hard to make anything in Star Wars that won't suck.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Picking the right actor is apart of movies in the end you mostly got a meme of a character.

So I revisited the prequels a few months back and honestly I absolutely loved them. The acting is awful, the dialog cheesy, but the ambition and the world-building is magnificent. The sequels.. TFA got a good reaction mostly because people were relieved to finally have a Star Wars film and it wasn't completely awful. Sure it was a New Hope remake but there were hints that something could be built - Finn was potentially an interesting character. The problem is TLJ fucked it all.

I think in some ways before this Star Wars had a problem - it was split between fans for whom there was only the original trilogy and those who liked the prequels and the likes of KOTOR. For the latter, there's a little more room to experiment in the universe I think, but the former are valid as they were there from the start - without them there would be no prequels or sequels. Now it's also split a third way with the SJW sequel mob (though one could argue they've brought the other two sides together by being so shit). It means that now it's very very hard to make anything in Star Wars that won't suck.
I watched a nice dissection of the sequels, that said that TLJ was a great movie for people that have no real interest in Star Wars, but it's a horrible movie for lifelong fans.

Top Bottom