• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name is releasing on November 9, 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Watch the Like a Dragon World Premiere Trailer from Summer Game Fest 2023 live from YouTube Theater in Los Angeles with host Geoff Keighley. #SummerGameFest

FyIG1o3aMAElMT9
FyIG0pLaYAEkQdZ

Last edited:
I dunno, I'm, not feeling it. Feels like a bait for Yakuza fans and feels like its budget will be pretty low. Need to see more.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I dunno, I'm, not feeling it. Feels like a bait for Yakuza fans and feels like its budget will be pretty low. Need to see more.

Have you played Lost Judgement?

They're taking that awesome combat and applying to Kiryu. It won't be low budget at all I can bet on that.

Of course Kyriu is looking off character right now, but I'm assuming there's a reason for that. With Ryu Ga Gotoku studios there's always a reason, they don't do shit just for doing it.

Last edited:

PsyEd

Part Wick Part Spiderman...All Dragon of Dojima!

Glad his part of the game still remained as a beat'em up rpg than some turn based yawnfest.

I always knew Kiryu was the Supaidāman of Kamurocho all the way back in 88...with evidence!

Elios83

Looking good, I still have Ishin in my backlog but at this point I'm going to play it after FFXVI.
Getting this as well.

NanaMiku

Looks sick. Are any JAV stars confirmed for this one already?
No, they held a grand prix to chose who will appear for this game and Yakuza 8. The contestants were JAV stars, gravure model, etc. The winner is kson, a YouTuber who really like the Yakuza series.

Her English is pretty good, so maybe she can dub herself for the English dub lol

Lasha

Hate this western Yakuza rebranding... Sounds so stupid...

I'm hyped btw, and I'm still pending to go through the rest of the serie, just played Kiwami 1 so next will be 0 to me

The "rebranding" aligns the English name with the actual name of the series. "Yakuza" felt like a name trying to be too edgy.

RavageX

So one of the things I don't like about Judgement is the combat, too much flip flopping. I hope this does not follow suit. They seem to be losing quality with the series and focusing on quantity.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The combat looks garbage but aside of this everything looks great.
How so?

This is Lost Judgment combat engine, there's no way that it looks and plays like garbage.

One thing is for sure for me: after playing this it will be weird to go back to turn-based Kyriu in Yakuza 8 (assuming you play as him along the way).

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Best showing for me, can't fucking wait!
I've become a Yakuza fan the last couple of years and after Y6 i can't wait to see how the story continues. Also perhaps the last game before Kiryu go weird with silver hair why? :(

Have you played Lost Judgement?

They're taking that awesome combat and applying to Kiryu. It won't be low budget at all I can bet on that.

Of course Kyriu is looking off character right now, but I'm assuming there's a reason for that. With Ryu Ga Gotoku studios there's always a reason, they don't do shit just for doing it.

Ofc I did. It's in my top games of all time. This feels inferior to it, visually and feels likes not much budget went into making it. Maybe the trailer was just not very good but thats what Im feeling.

Top Bottom