• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

Violater

True.

I also hope that if my launch system ends up being a brick, I don't treat tech support like an asshat (like the dude on this twitch stream... who is annoying me more than the fact that his system doesn't work).

Man I remember when my PS3 died, after 4 years I was pissed, can you imagine getting a paperweight on day fucking uno?

Venturer

Wait...did he seriously unplug his console when it was updating??

He unplugged it after the 1.5 update, all he was doing when he unplugged it was downloading DC Universe online. The console wouldn't shut down so he pulled the plug from the back.

bender

What time is it?
To be fair, I don't think the system is booting far enough to get to safe mode. Seems like when he's holding the button, it is powering up, freezing and then once the button is held long enough it forces the power off.

TomShoe

Banned
I want to bang my head against a wall..

This guy is not bright at all. He's not following directions and being a complete ass while doing it.

He said he'd hold the power button for 7 seconds to start safe mode. He then proceeds to hold it for 12+ seconds and complains that it shut off even though he knows he did it wrong.

This guy makes me want to just hide under a rock until the 15th.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Even if the guy didn't unplug while playing...did he unplug while the light was still on?

From the PS4 manual:

FdFcIh6.png

Source

Polygon's PS4 system just messed up when loading Playroom. But they were streaming for 8 hours. It just beeped 3 times when booting , booted into safemode.

Edit: Seems to be fine after booting into safe mode.

meanspartan

5 PS4s total not working out of presumably hundreds out there, if not thousands (adding up the giveaways and the review units).

Reaction: "OMG MY PS4's DAYS ARE NUMBERED!"

Let's just let the launch happen. By Friday night or Saturday we will know if this is widespread.

KnuckaWut

just started watching. wow he shouldve kept his joy to himself. stream full of asshats and xbots.

console looks done though, how did he get to this point

Even if the guy didn't unplug while playing...did he unplug while the light was still on?

From the PS4 manual:

Turning off the power
Caution
Only disconnect the plug of the AC power cord from the electrical outlet when the power indicator is turned off. If you disconnect it while the power indicator is lit or blinking, data might be lost or corrupted, and the system might be damaged.

Source

/facepalm

Who pulls the plug on electronics instead of the power button.

He unplugged it after the 1.5 update, all he was doing when he unplugged it was downloading DC Universe online. The console wouldn't shut down so he pulled the plug from the back.

Obviously that was a bad move, most electronic devices warn you about unplugging the device while it's updating. This guy did the same shit, look..and he's living streaming the dead console now. He did the exact samething

http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones

RaikuHebi

Banned

From the PS4 manual:

Turning off the power
Caution
Only disconnect the plug of the AC power cord from the electrical outlet when the power indicator is turned off. If you disconnect it while the power indicator is lit or blinking, data might be lost or corrupted, and the system might be damaged.

Source
Why do people fucking do that. It was the same with the PS3. Totally possible to shut down the power after a crash by holding the power button down but people go straight for the plug.

Top Bottom