• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

Shinypogs

Sometimes things break, especially launch units, it's not always a sign of a mass problem. My launch Vita had to be returned because it tried to melt itself in my hand. My replacement has no such overheating problems and I've never met anyone else whose vita did that.

I'm more than happy to believe the OP and at the same time be skeptical that this is a widespread problem.

COD 720p debacle
Low review scores on some first party games
DS4 problems (well that wasn't today but you know)
Now this.

I just read that Kotaku has similar issues, and the sample size is pretty small.

IW has said ps4 version is 1080p native
Review scores are average on all launches
Ds4 is not really a problem

And you are reaching with kotaku as that was nowhere near the issue like this . That was a faulty hdmi socket not a design issue do you realise how many ps3s are out there as demo and review units ?

Cat Party

This doesn't sound like a hardware problem. It sounds like a software/firmware issue. I don't know if that's better or worse tbh. Let's hope this was just a freak occurrence due to a random freeze while updating.

Dylx

Ive been on hold for 30mins back and fourth with a bunch of "still looking for your solution, gonna place you back on hold"

I guess the bright side is I still have my launch system at gamestop fully paid for if this one is defective.

netBuff

Ive been on hold for 30mins back and fourth with a bunch of "still looking for your solution, gonna place you back on hold"

I guess the bright side is I still have my launch system at gamestop fully paid for if this one is defective.

Did you try erasing the hard drive in a PC drive enclosure (Computer Management on Windows, Disk Utility on Mac OS)?

So-It-Begins.gif

Welcome to launch.

Here are my steps.

1) ps4 froze, after 10 mins it shut its-self off.
2.) tried to reboot, nothing happened. Controllers won't connect or anything.
3.) tried holding the power button to cold boot/reset...Nothing.
4.) called to troubleshoot
5.) 10 mins into calling and being bounced around, i made a tread, hoping to help someone that it could happen to on friday. ( didn't expect ridicule)

6.) Still on hold.....

I may have been over dramatic to say buy a warranty, but after this I'm buying one.
Well there's your mistake.

Hope this works out for you OP, ignore the insecure whiners

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I know this sounds crazy, but have you tried a different HDMI cable or input on your receiver? This may be a handshake problem.

oVerde

Banned
Here are my steps.

5.) 10 mins into calling and being bounced around, i made a tread, hoping to help someone that it could happen to on friday. ( didn't expect ridicule)

6.) Still on hold.....

I may have been over dramatic to say buy a warranty, but after this I'm buying one.

Update the initial post along with the pictures OP, pleeeeeeaaasee

Frodo

Here are my steps.

6.) Still on hold.....

So, it froze in the middle of the update and it doesn't do anything now?

Sorry to hear that, OP. Hope you can re-install the update and that the console starts working properly again. Keep us updated if you can, please!

IW has said ps4 version is 1080p native

Sounds like someone isn't caught up with the latest drama. :p

PS4 MP is 1080p. However, it looks like the SP is 720p on both XBO and PS4.

Anyways, good luck OP. Always sucks when you get a faulty launch console. They're inevitable and hopefully not a sign of bigger issues.

Dylx

NBA 2k was amazing very fluid and graphics are awesome. Cant wait to play more!

My Ps4 does wobble as well, for those wondering.

unplug everything, after turning everything off of course, start from the very beginning again, heck even unplug the cables (even from your TV) and hook them up again (HDMI too, try a different HDMI cable if have an extra one, maybe some weird handshake bug), try to boot into safe mode and reinstall the firmware.

I would do that before officially panicking, good luck OP

besada

Banned
Some of the responses in this thread are, by turns, paranoid, assholish, and deranged .

The OP got an early PS4 and it has had some sort of problem. As a GAFfer , he naturally shared that with us.

It doesn't make this a widespread problem, it doesn't make him a liar or a shill. It just means his PS4 had a problem. Get a fucking grip, people. You'll have a stroke by Friday at this rate.

isual

Hope you get this right OP, and I hope this isn't a recurring dilemma with everyone.

will be picking up a launch console as a walk in.

Sounds like someone isn't caught up with the latest drama. :p

PS4 MP is 1080p. However, it looks like the SP is 720p on both XBO and PS4.

Anyways, good luck OP. Always sucks when you get a faulty launch console. They're inevitable and hopefully not a sign of bigger issues.

IW tweeted an hour ago both are 1080p native . Sounds like YOU are out of the loop

badb0y

Here are my steps.

6.) Still on hold.....

Did you remove the power completely?

Disconnect it from the wall for 5 minutes and then reconnect it and launch straight into safe-mode.

Other than that, I am out of ideas. Just a question OP were you on 1.50 firmware or did it prompt you to download 1.50? Or was the update specifically for BF4?

Thanks a lot.

Here are my steps.

6.) Still on hold.....

I can't stress this enough. Always buy an extended warranty for these systems. I sent my 360 in three times for repairs for the price of the $50 warranty.

Kuro

I have a solution. Take out hard drive, plug into PC's motherboard, wipe the drive, put back in PS4, install 1.5 recovery through USB.

Mr. RHC

Additional testimony and proof required.

PKEglyz.gif

Mr. FluxWaveZ, the defendant Dylx has provided his testimony, please start the cross examination.

If the defense can't find counter arguments, I will declare this thread
"My PS3 died and I'm trying to live to tell the story" sequel.

Top Bottom