• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lil Mabu X Fivio Foreign - Teach Me How To Drill

FeralEcho

Suspicious Season 6 GIF by Paramount+

Lunarorbit

I guess this is what they mean when you start feeling old. I can't connect to this "music" in any way. Does it even have notes.
My wife and I watched this video the other day. She could make out a little of what they were saying.

It's a fun video but I won't listen to it with any regularity on headphones. It's not as bad as rappers who mumble alot (southern rappers looking at you) but not my favorite

Awful. Truly terrible, I can't believe anyone could call this music. They don't even seem to follow any rhythm or melody with their lyrics.
I guess this is what they mean when you start feeling old. I can't connect to this "music" in any way. Does it even have notes.
This is a new-ish sound which started from British/UK rap(and UK grime). Here's an example:

East coast US rappers adopted it and made their own slight variations which spread to other states. Here is an example of Drake trying the flow/style:

It might not sound like it at first listen, but this is much, much better than the mumble rap of the 2010s, which has been mostly left behind(and thank goodness for that). I just consider it to be faster-paced rap/hip-hop and it has slowly been morphing into a sort of house/techno/rap mix lately:

(I could picture this song in a racing video game like Midnight Club of NFS Underground).

On a side note: It's a shame that Eminem didn't try this style. Here's an example of how he would have sounded with it.

Last edited:

Soodanim

I can't usually stand anything modern, but I enjoyed the video and it didn't go so heavy into the elements that grate on me the most. Maybe I was just distracted by the video and it not taking itself seriously.

Spyxos

Animated GIF
and
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

I've never listened to too much hip hop, but watching this just makes me feel old.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
These modern songs just sing about anything and throw any gibberish in.

Why not just lay a beat down over a porta potty assembly tutorial? That's about the quality this is.

Top Bottom