• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

zeopower6

Thanks for that. As a life long Ys fan i suppose I shouldn't risk it and go straight for the CE and combine rather than gamble with the bundle. I won't sleep at night knowing I missed out on the CE!

Yeah just go straight for the CE -unless- you are also a card collector in which case the CE will have two bonus random cards in gold and silver variants.

:/

Can't say I like this. I don't think it solves any problem, other than adding another middleman taking a cut.

Of course, I fully respect their decision to sell this way, just don't really see why.

As far as I've seen they've done this for a while. It makes sense though, to have people head to local stores to check out the LRG games and not have to worry too much about the online craziness.

hawk2025

Yeah just go straight for the CE -unless- you are also a card collector in which case the CE will have two bonus random cards in gold and silver variants.

As far as I've seen they've done this for a while. It makes sense though, to have people head to local stores to check out the LRG games and not have to worry too much about the online craziness.

Sure, if you happen to live there, and want to pay more.

Wonderboy is $40 on that store, instead of $30.

emb

Can't say I like this. I don't think it solves any problem, other than adding another middleman taking a cut.

Of course, I fully respect their decision to sell this way, just don't really see why.
Another middle man taking a cut = extra business for local game stores. It's a good thing. Provided it doesn't cause them to underestimate how much stock should go to the main online sales, I don't see any negative. More copies in existence is always a good thing too.

zeopower6

What fun!

It's basically what people do with event variants and stuff usually, so I don't think it's all that bad. Just ask if anyone can check out a local shop that also carries LRG. :) I'd go to Game Realms if I could but it's sort of further north than I am.

They know demand is fairly inelastic to price especially since the print runs are low.

SO I'M GOING TO PAX WEST AND CAN MAYBE BUY THE YS VARIANT FOR PEOPLE!

This post is a bit of a brain dump because I'm super tired, but here goes:

I've thrown together a shitty looking spreadsheet as an interest form that will likely evolve into the buy form for the Ys Exclusive Variant from PAX West.

Questions on the spreadsheet:

GAF handle
Home Country
Feedback (proof you're not going to stick me with extra copies)
Best form of contact (GAF DM, Facebook, email, whatever)
Paypal (Can you pay me via this Y/N)
Multiple Copies (Y/N, if I'm stuck with extras do you want an extra copy or 8?)
Notes (Do you want me to see if they have other games? Not rare shit like Breach and Clear, but maybe something recent-ish that isn't Wonder Boy? I doubt I'll be able to do this as well but might as well put it down)

Any other suggestions feel free to list or just add things to the notes.

I don't plan to overcharge much for this other than a few bucks rounded up (depending on your shipping location), but if you want to throw a few extra bucks my way for troubles I won't complain :p (If the games are $30 I'll throw a rough number of $40 shipped out there but this is super tentative and could go up).

Anyways, the link to this spreadsheet will be visible if you quote this post, don't post personal information you don't want posted anywhere else (ie if you want to be contacted via email just post Email and I'll collect a list separately)

My intentions are to see how much interest I get and go from there. If only 5 people want in that should be no problem, but if there's 20... I'm pretty sure you're not all getting one.

tl;dr If you want a copy of the PAX West exclusive Ys cover, quote this post and add yourself to the spreadsheet. Depending on demand I'll randomly select people to get one based on how many copies I can get. I'm probably going to lock this down at the end of the weekend (Monday at the latest) so I have an idea of what I'm looking for, and since I'm leaving Wednesday and want to mentally prepare. I may DM people over the weekend to pay as I obtain copies and randomly go through said list, but they will not ship until 9/11 most likely at the earliest.

Go crazy!

zeopower6

That's very nice but I wonder how the limits will be on Ys Origin. They made about 1000 of Runner 2 and had a one per person limit of Oddworld at PSX but didn't sell out.

That's very nice but I wonder how the limits will be on Ys Origin. They made about 1000 of Runner 2 and had a one per person limit of Oddworld at PSX but didn't sell out.

I mean I'd be honest with the staff and tell them what's up, I also have friends attending the con too if it's a strict one per person ordeal.

At the very least one person is getting one from my purchase, and that's better than none imo.

zeopower6

I mean I'd be honest with the staff and tell them what's up, I also have friends attending the con too if it's a strict one per person ordeal.

At the very least one person is getting one from my purchase, and that's better than none imo.

I believe a few others may be attempting to help as well so make sure you get in contact with anyone else from here as well a few pages back.

hawk2025

SO I'M GOING TO PAX WEST AND CAN MAYBE BUY THE YS VARIANT FOR PEOPLE!

This post is a bit of a brain dump because I'm super tired, but here goes:

I've thrown together a shitty looking spreadsheet as an interest form that will likely evolve into the buy form for the Ys Exclusive Variant from PAX West.

Questions on the spreadsheet:

GAF handle
Home Country
Feedback (proof you're not going to stick me with extra copies)
Best form of contact (GAF DM, Facebook, email, whatever)
Paypal (Can you pay me via this Y/N)
Multiple Copies (Y/N, if I'm stuck with extras do you want an extra copy or 8?)
Notes (Do you want me to see if they have other games? Not rare shit like Breach and Clear, but maybe something recent-ish that isn't Wonder Boy? I doubt I'll be able to do this as well but might as well put it down)

Any other suggestions feel free to list or just add things to the notes.

I don't plan to overcharge much for this other than a few bucks rounded up (depending on your shipping location), but if you want to throw a few extra bucks my way for troubles I won't complain :p (If the games are $30 I'll throw a rough number of $40 shipped out there but this is super tentative and could go up).

Anyways, the link to this spreadsheet will be visible if you quote this post, don't post personal information you don't want posted anywhere else (ie if you want to be contacted via email just post Email and I'll collect a list separately)

My intentions are to see how much interest I get and go from there. If only 5 people want in that should be no problem, but if there's 20... I'm pretty sure you're not all getting one.

tl;dr If you want a copy of the PAX West exclusive Ys cover, quote this post and add yourself to the spreadsheet. Depending on demand I'll randomly select people to get one based on how many copies I can get. I'm probably going to lock this down at the end of the weekend (Monday at the latest) so I have an idea of what I'm looking for, and since I'm leaving Wednesday and want to mentally prepare. I may DM people over the weekend to pay as I obtain copies and randomly go through said list, but they will not ship until 9/11 most likely at the earliest.

Go crazy!

It's not working on my phone, but I would love this :). Maybe we can tell LRG ahead of time who you are and that you are buying GAF copies?

It not being shipped until October makes the absence of the patch even more disappointing.

Can't help but feel like LRG moved this release forward, in order to beat the Play-Asia one to it. I'd rather they try to beat their competitors on quality of the product.

mosaic

go eat paint
Just noticed Ys isn't shipping til October, was planning on shipping all my hold orders with it :/.

Unless I'm confused, the copies in the CEs will ship sooner, as they were the ones LRG originally had Sony produce. The "pre-order" copies are print on demand, which is why they ship in October. So, I guess if you want it soonish, buy the CE without the standard?

*shrug* I'm still bummed it's basically a $20 premium for a slim artbook and a heavily creased poster :/

i-Jest

It not being shipped until October makes the absence of the patch even more disappointing.

Can't help but feel like LRG moved this release forward, in order to beat the Play-Asia one to it. I'd rather they try to beat their competitors on quality of the product.

While I don't disagree on quality of production, I'd like to believe they're trying to avoid another Skull Girls situation as much as possible. With the long wait, creating and testing rebuilds, people got mighty impatient at LRG for something they had little control over. I don't know how much this rebuild process would affect YS Origin Vita, but clearly it's not going to happen, for better or worse.

With that said, one could make the argument that LRG is not honoring their game preservation mission but we don't know the details as to why the Vita version isn't in its most complete state on cartridge to my knowledge.

zeopower6

I thought they were reversible covers? So you CAN get it by flipping over yours.

PAX Variant is not reversible as far as I know. It is the CE boxart on the case.

I65URaj.png

The standard is reversible with the hideous cover and the cleaner tower cover. Standard has a blue sky while variant has the gray sky.

Senko no Ronde 2 seems to be coming from LRG soon.

https://twitter.com/DegiGames/status/900781832177954822

Sondar

Shame that the Vita/PS4 stickers for the Collector's Editions are on the outside shrink wrap of the box. Once opened (& the shrink wrap thrown away) there will be no visible difference between the Vita & PS4 Edition. Though I guess for those who keep everything sealed that won't matter.

I'd like to grab Ys but it's going to be another bloodbath isn't it?

Asdivine heart looks good too but if I go for Ys I probably won't have time to buy both and will most likely end up without any preorder validated haha

zeopower6

I'd like to grab Ys but it's going to be another bloodbath isn't it?

Asdivine heart looks good too but if I go for Ys I probably won't have time to buy both and will most likely end up without any preorder validated haha

Standard Ys is 24 hour preorder. CE Ys and Asdivine are limited though. I would guess Asdivine won't sell too fast. CE Ys though is gonna be crazy as hell.

Sondar

Does Ys have a bigger fan base (don't know if that's the right terminology) than say Night Trap & Monster Boy? I saw lots of people talking about NT & MB & the whole nostalgia thing & how they needed to have a copy, but is it the same for Ys?

i-Jest

Does Ys have a bigger fan base (don't know if that's the right terminology) than say Night Trap & Monster Boy? I saw lots of people talking about NT & MB & the whole nostalgia thing & how they needed to have a copy, but is it the same for Ys?

To my knowledge, Ys has a niche fanbase, Night Trap is one of those games that mattered very much to a certain generation. It created a certain kind of impact for its time. I guess the same could be said for Monster Boy, don't know to what degree though.

Ys doesn't ship until October?! Even the LE?!

Man, I really hope LRG can slow their rollout of games/contracts soon. I'm over all of these delayed shipments of games and I preferred it when they wouldn't list games for sale until they actually had them in their hands.

I liked knowing once I placed an order I'd have my games in a week or two.

any differences between Vita and PS4 versions of Ys?
Port wise? Not really from what I can tell. I've put some time into the Vita version and it runs really damn well.

LiK

Ys doesn't ship until October?! Even the LE?!

Man, I really hope LRG can slow their rollout of games/contracts soon. I'm over all of these delayed shipments of games and I preferred it when they wouldn't list games for sale until they actually had them in their hands.

I liked knowing once I placed an order I'd have my games in a week or two.

Every other game I bought has shipped within 1-2 weeks. Seems like it's not something that happens all the time. Still waiting for Skullgirls but that's not their fault.

Every other game I bought has shipped within 1-2 weeks. Seems like it's not something that happens all the time. Still waiting for Skullgirls but that's not their fault.

I'm still waiting on Plague Road & Oceanhorn, Lawbreakers & Wonderboy (bundle), and of course NightTrap (but that was barely two weeks ago).

Oh yeah, Skullgirks too.

Is the CE only at 10 a.m. or will there be a 6 p.m. batch? Not gonna be able to make 10 a.m.

Still waiting on Night Trap to ship too. Not sure what's up with that, as others have apparently already received theirs?

NotMSRP

Selling to these small retailers solves the problem for rural customers, who don't always have high-speed internet, have according to a LRG interview.

Top Bottom