• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games trying to work towards retail release for Fatal Frame MoBW (Wii U)

P90

Day 1 purchase for me.

Massdrop facilitates bulk purchases for audio equipment for dirt cheap prices. Maybe they could/would venture into video games?

El Odio

Banned
Would definitely buy if this happened. DD only for the US release stopped me from getting this cause trying to download something over school Internet is atrocious.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Why did people even do that?
The game looked like shit for a long time.

There was a point where the game had the potential to be good. I think that, when the first reviews started rolling in, people should've realized it was beyond bad. I think at that point, demanding a physical release was out of principle, more than anything.

Ridley327

Why did people even do that?
The game looked like shit for a long time.

I think the issue was more a miscommunication than anything else. Devil's Third was always going to come over, but not from NOA initially (rumors heavily suggested XSeed), but people interpreted to mean that it wasn't coming over period, and thus pelted NOA about it.

That being said, NOA did deserve shit for how they handled it in the first place, especially when they didn't bother to announce anything alongside NCL and NOE when they dated the game. So damn stupid.

By retail release do you actually mean a retail release or a physical release only sold through their website where you have to mash F5 to not miss it?

Who knows how their deal would work, since they'd be handling a bigger title. Even if it was available only online, Nintendo has a higher minimum print run requirement so there likely wouldn't be so much scarcity that it would sell out in just a few seconds. Like Yakuza 5, I doubt they'd print a million but they also aren't going to miss out on money by only printing 2.5k. Either way, it would be a choice between the possibility of missing out on it or no possibility of ever getting it at all because it doesn't exist.

Shizuka

Limited Run Games is working on a possible relationship with Koei Tecmo, that's why this may be one of the possible games coming from that partnership.

Champion

I held off on purchasing the game and just borrowed it from a friend because I was hoping a limited print
or a NX port
would release in NA. :)

Rran

I'm in accordance with these lovely people:

I'd buy it, but Nintendo's never gonna do it.

That would be amazing, would buy in a heartbeat.

I'm definitely down for a copy.

This might be the only way I pick up a copy of the game. Hmmm. Do it nintendo!

I'm definitely interested, would buy!

Oh my gosh give me this and maybe Ace Attorney we've missed and I'll love these people forever

I hope it works out! I'd buy a physical copy in a heartbeat.

If this happens I'll definitely be down for it.

I want this soooo much!

Would buy very much~

YES! YES! YES!!!

DO IT!!!! I WILL BUY THIS IN AN INSTANT!!! :D

Yes! If it's a physical copy, I'd buy it right away.

I'll buy it instantly. Fatal Frame V was one of the most anticipated games of last year for me and it went down the window the second it was announced to be digital only.

The second it's announced physically, I'll be there!

Told em before, but I would pay full price for a physical release of FF

As I said in the Limited Run Games thread, I'd 100% be in for physical Fatal Frame 5 and Ace Attorney.

I'd buy a physical disc in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I'd definitely pick up a physical copy.

say whaaaaaat

day 1 if so!

I really hope this happens, I'd it save me so much space on my hard drive and I can actually own a real copy on my shelf

I already have a US digital copy and the European Special Edition but I'd buy this in a heartbeat!! :D

I'd buy Fatal Frame in a heartbeat.

They do this, they have an instant purchase from me!

Day 1 purchase for me.

I'll be in if they get it

I sure hope LRG can pull this off.Fatal Frame is my most-wanted digital-only title.

Please let this come true! I will attempt to buy one if so...

I'd pay 50 for it, go for it.

Yes please!

Would definitely buy if this happened.

Instant purchase from me and I already have the digital version.

I'm in for a physical copy, fo sho

Just to comment on this some more.

We're also really close to sealing a deal to make those Atelier games a reality. :) No idea on a date for those as no final deal is set. They're going to be a big expense for us so we'll need everyone's help spreading the word if/when they go on sale. We're pushing hard for these because the demand was clear.

An Atelier release would very likely be their first "higher profile" release. Want games even bigger than that? Show Koei Tecmo that Atelier can sell so they can start spreading their influence to bigger companies.

It's a good game but definitely the weakest in the series (not including Spirit Camera) so brace yourselves for that if they decide to bring it and it gets physical release.

Top Bottom