• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

RIP. Not really a fan of them anymore but me and my friends were huge fans of them during high school (meteora) days. Only "band" I have really listened to, thanks for all the music.

kris.

Banned
Hybrid Theory and Meteora influenced my taste in music so much when I was little. Didn't really follow the band at all much after that but goddamn. This sucks. RIP dude.

dustyherb

God fucking dammit :( so many memories with this band from when I was a kid. They were one of my first concerts as well. RIP man.

oxidax

Why am I the only one thinking that TMZ got hacked!!?? Nobody else reporting on it and the ones doing it are only sourcing TMZ. None of the band members or famous people tweeting/posting anything about it ?? idk..

What the fuck? Christ no. Worst news in the universe. They literally just released One More Light and he always seemed so happy and positive in television appearances. And he had a wife who loved him. For fuck's sake, one of my favourite bands and singers of all-time. :(

Man this is so fucking terrible. RIP man, you fucking talented as fuck legend. Going to miss you.

Going to listen to this in remembrance. Best track from A Thousand Suns.

conpfreak

WTF!? I can't take this. Dude's vocals and contributions to Linkin Park were my childhood/teenage years growing up. Say what you want, but their music and his passion specifically saved lives, as people on the edge knew there was someone out there having similar feelings and thoughts being able to emote them well.

RIP.

vareon

I'm shivering. I don't listen to a lot of music, but Chester and Linkin Park was so popular that you can't escape them and can't help but enjoying their music years ago. Rest in peace.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I haven't really listened to them in a long time but this is hitting me a lot harder than I expected. LP got me through some rough high school years and as someone who has dealt with suicidal thoughts this is hitting doubly hard.

akira28

rest in peace.

these events are contagious unfortunately.

if you have worries about someone you care about, don't doubt it, reach out.

Anung

Un Rama
Fuck man :( Hybrid Theory was such a huge part of my early teens and was probably a gateway to a lot of other forms of music.

RIP.

Fou-Lu

I know he has had troubles for a long time, but man this is surreal. I really thought he and Mike would be making music forever whether people liked it or not.

What?

Oh my god, what the fuck. I know people had issues with the way Linkin Park had transitioned into pop, but christ, all that plus existing issues?

Rest in piece, Mr. Bennington. I loved "A Thousand Suns."

Top Bottom