• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead Video Diary 6 (Fable II)

It's coming a bit sooner then I thought it would. That is, if Lionhead can stick to the gold date that was written on the blackboard a few months ago.

Walshicus

Endow said:
I dream of working in rural England in a game dev team.That or in the Washington state/Canada forest-ridden regions.

Ahh, one can dream....
It's said that living in rural England is like being married to an exquisitely beautiful but stupid wife.

pr0cs said:
Fable 2 - October
Gears 2 - November
Banjo - December

Though I thought this was the year that Microsoft got out of the gaming business?

Nope your both wrong

Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise - September
Fable 2 - October
Banjo - November
Gears 2 - November

MS doublestacked November in 06 with a Rare game and an Epic Game.

Walshicus

DancingJesus said:
Nope your both wrong

Fable 2 - October
Banjo - November
Gears 2 - November

Looks like 2008 really is the year of the... good games.

SPEA

DancingJesus said:
Nope your both wrong

Too Human - August
Fable 2 - October
Banjo - November
Gears 2 - November

Fixed again. Oh wait, this is Gaf.

Sean

Banned
xmotelol5f6ee.png

Oh shit, he's holding a prototype mold to the x-mote motion controller!!1!1!

ConayR

skewyx8.jpg

Banzaiaap said:
N
Build ??Stabeltys??
Fitting on D.V.D. Can't ?...?
Planning on size

F2 (Fable 2) accepting ?CliH?
??Sacrhong?? $750.

?Deception? ...???
October

Lol decyphering Peter's writing is fun :p
His writing is so freaking bad!

I think it's more of a TODO list. N would be for November. I would help him in "searching $750" if he told me what he wrote in his notebook. ;)

finally got around to watching and wow!

it just keeps looking better and better! ...I agree that the framerate is still on the wonky side, but they still a few months to add extra polish not to mention who knows when this was actually filmed...

Also concurred, the nighttime shot towards the end of the video in the snow looked BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

So i'm still sky high with hype on this one. I think I'm looking forward to the most with F2 is being able to play as a female. That in tandem with the customization, pregnancy/children, and gradual growth of your character, I really wanna see if I can get my wife to make a character! :D

Keep up the brilliant work Lionhead!!!

RBH

AgentOtaku said:
finally got around to watching and wow!

it just keeps looking better and better! ...I agree that the framerate is still on the wonky side, but they still a few months to add extra polish not to mention who knows when this was actually filmed...

Also concurred, the nighttime shot towards the end of the video in the snow looked BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

So i'm still sky high with hype on this one. I think I'm looking forward to the most with F2 is being able to play as a female. That in tandem with the customization, pregnancy/children, and gradual growth of your character, I really wanna see if I can get my wife to make a character! :D

Keep up the brilliant work Lionhead!!!
It says April 2008 in the beginning of the video.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Art direction looks miles better than the first one. The setting looks more unique than the first one. The graphics are good enough for me.
If the frame rate is stable, pop ins are infrequent and draw distances are nice I'm happy with what I see.

I just cant wait to play this with my wife. Local co-op isnt dead!
She can run her evil female and I can run my good male. We can watch eachother play without being bored to death and help eachother with co-op.
Does anyone know how big a save file on 360 typically is?
I could see my memory card actually getting use from this game.

My only fear is that they add too much goofy shit (see: lost chapters) and throw off the overrall tone a bit too much.

RBH said:
It says April 2008 in the beginning of the video.

i wonder how much work they could of done on the game in the 2-3 months since the vid was made. also E3 is in a couple weeks they most likely are making a serious push to show something good at E3.

Walshicus

Banzaiaap said:
I still am amazed of the fact that the Co-op is such a huge thing. I love the idea to play with friends.
If there were a law it would be in favour of it. Co-Op just adds so much to a game. I've had so many conversations with friends along the lines of:
"What did you think of x"
"Didn't like it."
"It has co-op."
"Really?! Well maybe..."

FFChris

Banzaiaap said:
I still am amazed of the fact that the Co-op is such a huge thing. I love the idea to play with friends.

Me too, I'm really glad local co-op is still alive. I play local, and probably enjoy it more than I do playing online.

Staccat0 said:
Art direction looks miles better than the first one. The setting looks more unique than the first one. The graphics are good enough for me.
Art en setting are pretty much exactly the same as the first game.

Anyone else have their 360 connected with VGA? My download plays without picture and i cant even cancel out of it. Actually none of the Lionhead diaries off marketplace have worked for me since video 3. All the others have the same problem.

xbhaskarx

Too Human - August
Fable 2 - October
Banjo - November
Gears 2 - November

The 2008 second half lineup is bigger than 2007's for me.
BioShock, Halo 3, Mass Effect... were there any other big 360 exclusives last holiday season? I can't think of any others.

Top Bottom