• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet VITA street date removed...avail. NOW!

Mario007

7988723329_9c7b8de8a7_b.jpg

Like a boss.

Synless

they released a patch today for the game... no online sadly

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Patch 1.01 Now Available, Is 32MB – Game Now Available For Purchase At Retail

■Minor level fixes
■Slight changes to some menus
■Improved performance and graphics
■Activity stream now easier to use
■Fixes to skill rewards on level badges
■Fixes to skill rewards when copying levels to My Moon
Wait, does this game have online or not? I thought it did, but your comment sounds like it doesn't.

Jimbbob

Neo Member
IMO, the music in LBP1 was some of the best "video game music" I've heard. My favorite was the Garden level theme, but it was all fantastic.

I gotta say that, if the music in the first tutorial is anything like the rest of the levels, we're in for a treat. The trumpets going crazy with the oompahs in the background bring to mind a quartet at a Mexican food restaurant. With a dose of tuba players in lederhosen in the background. Genius. Can't wait to see what else is in store....

Loudninja

Sackboy Popping Up Early on PS Vita
Hi everyone – production on LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita was completed earlier than expected, and due to the excitement from our retail partners, some have decided to put it on shelves as soon as the product was received. You’ll still be able to fully enjoy all the offline features of the game until that time, but the servers will not go live until September 18th. We apologize for any confusion this may cause and will keep you posted on any further updates.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/15/sackboy-popping-up-early-on-ps-vita/

probably be up next week, hopefully

it's apparently just the online pass, despite what it says :(

but if you got the bonus along with the pass....then idk

Wait there's an online pass for this game?? My code says it's for pre-ordering the game.

Well so far I only played the first tutorial level and man does it feel good to be playing a new lBP game especially on a handheld. It feels much nicer now Idk if it's just a placebo since some of you guys said the jumping is less floaty.

The graphics look unbelievably smooth and looks exactly like LBP2 imo. The sound I haven't really heard too much to say if it's all that but it sounds great. I wish the Vita speakers were a bit louder. I may end up just connecting this to my receiver when I'm at home or get some good headphones.

Letep

This is my first experience with a Little Big Planet game. I played for a few hours last night, and a bit this morning.

It's amazing. So charming and fun.

Love the arcade jazz song!

Anyone cares that LBP2 online levels won't work with this?? Imo those levels were just a bit too much and either way probably aren't optimized to work on the vita. I can't wait to play levels people create in this one now that you can use the camera to snap any shot anywhere and whatnot.

TripOpt55

I got a copy at Gamestop. Only played a level (I'm a bit too tired to play right now), but I am so excited to have it early!

Reading that Sony blog post again I think the door is still open for a PSN release on Tuesday. Obviously they could have just said that it was coming to the PSN on Tuesday in that blog post, but they didn't. However, they also said nothing about the release date still being Sep 25th.

SO, I would not be surprised if this is still being discussed by Sony right now, and if I had to make a prediction I would bet it's on the PSN Tuesday. So many retailers have started selling it early that it would be ridiculous for Sony to hold itself to that original release date at this point.

Also, retailers haven't stopped selling it early, which again leads me to believe Sony isn't telling them to stop. That's why I think they'll put it up Tuesday.

Toki767

I guarantee that it's not popping up on PSN early.

I did ask Morgan Haro about it. He asked if there was an announcement and I linked him to that blog post, but he's currently on vacation so I don't think he can really do anything about it.

Grinchy

Banned
Sweet, my Newegg order finally went through. I've been charged. Hopefully I get it quickly, but I haven't always had good luck with Newegg's free shipping.

Has anyone seen this game available to purchase in Calgary?

The places I've phoned don't seem to have it in stock and ebgames.ca has changed the release date back to September 25th from the previous "Shipping in 24 hours" it said yesterday.

Hanmik

The servers not being online is a surprise to me. Did Greg Miller at IGN never get to test the online mode? Why are reviews coming out when they couldn't test it?

Having the servers online 2 weeks prior to release seems like a no brainer to me. Reviewers, ongoing Sony testing, etc. All are reasons those servers should be online now.

I shouldn't be surprised though, because I remember getting the first LBP early, and even a week before the release date the servers were not online. Of course the release date came and the online was a laggy mess that required patching to work properly.

Sony never learns from their mistakes.

Servers were online untill yesterday.! I have published two small levelsvand gotten some other online only trophies.! Strange servers went offline when the game hit the streets early.

Wanny

That guy on the PS blog said it will still release on the 25 for digital dowload... /sadface

Oh well at least I got Borderlands 2 next week.

Takao

Banned
That guy on the PS blog said it will still release on the 25 for digital dowload... /sadface

Oh well at least I got Borderlands 2 next week.

Why in the world did they even break street date then? These smucks can't even adjust the prices on the games they publish to match the MSRP drops at retail, and now can't even match up to their own release dates.

Kurod

Banned
Sent an email to Amazon.com asking if they were going to ship early too.

Got this responce

Amazon support said:
Hello,

I'm sorry to learn about the problem you had with the Estimated delivery date for your order.

I've checked the current availability for "LittleBigPlanet" on our website and found the release date for this item is September 25, 2012.

I've passed your comments along to the shipping department for consideration. Thank you for bringing this issue to our notice. We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped with your tracking number.

Oh well :(

KalBalboa

Banned
The arcade section of this game might turn out to be the biggest time-sink in the package. I've been playing Super Conductor while watching Louie all night. I've only got one level left and it's really got me excited for when the serves go live in a few days- anyone else playing it?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sent an email to Amazon.com asking if they were going to ship early too.

Got this responce

Oh well :(

I actually have no funds on the card that will be paying for it right now but on the 25th, I can allocate the 30 I need for this. It will be worth the wait even if I cant ><

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The arcade section of this game might turn out to be the biggest time-sink in the package. I've been playing Super Conductor while watching Louie all night. I've only got one level left and it's really got me excited for when the serves go live in a few days- anyone else playing it?
I couldn't get the touch controls to work correctly, and the tutorial level that involved having two batteries filled at the same time took me forever. I unlocked the second arcade game, and was surprised that it seemed fairly full-featured, but haven't played around with it too much. The unlockable minigames in each pod are great though.

Mondriaan

I finished the story levels and I spent too much time worrying that there would be a level that would force me to use tilt, front screen touch, back screen touch, and jumping at the same time.

I guess I ought to go make that level.

Amazon....the longer you wait to ship the closer I get to taking my business elsewhere. I am literally waiting for Best Buy near me to get it in stock (I have gift cards there) to cancel.

You're on the clock...and you probably don't care. lol

Grinchy

Banned
I finished the story levels and I spent too much time worrying that there would be a level that would force me to use tilt, front screen touch, back screen touch, and jumping at the same time.

I guess I ought to go make that level.

That's exactly what I was working on during the beta. I had some prototype concepts down.

Top Bottom