• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter - Help Yoh Yoshinari Save Anime [Funded in 4hrs!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draikin 2

Thanks for the update duckroll. I guess that means the login date doesn't mean they aren't checking the private messages.

So it seems they really did completely forget about the audio commentary, and will be planning some sort of response later. With regards to the shitty artbook, it seems they don't understand the actual issue, and still think that people are unhappy that it wasn't shipped to limited edition backers.
It's good to see a response at least, although a lot of questions remain unanswered. I'm not sure if they really misunderstand the problem with the artbook. People have been asking them why there's only backgrounds in it since the digital download was offered. I guess they're trying to avoid talking about it since the answer is probably not what we want to hear. Hopefully we'll get a real response later. For that matter, I haven't found any screenshots on the contents on the artbook in the Deluxe Edition yet. I'd really like to know what's in those 100 pages.

I've also posted this list of issues in the Kickstarter comments earlier. I think these are issues that Trigger still needs to address:

- the audio commentary track with all its subtitled languages is missing.
- the additional subtitles for the documentary are missing.
- as stated in the FAQ, the artbook was supposed to contain preproduction designs like those featured on the home page. These weren't included. The artbook was basically just a collection of background artwork. What makes things worse is that it seems that the commercial version of the Blu-ray does contain a "complete" artbook.
- The Limited Edition Blu-ray is actually the same as the Standard Edition Blu-ray. It can be argued that the Douga Cut is what makes it "Limited", but by calling it a Limited Edition, people actually expected the kind of Blu-ray case and slipcover that you're selling in the commercial version of the Blu-ray.
- I could be wrong about this one, but I couldn't find a "Special Thanks" section on the official site with the names of all the $20 and upwards backers.

EDIT: The person handling the Kickstarter has posted an update on Twitter, saying they're aware of 'all the lights going off on kickstarter" and that he'll trying to post an update later this week. I can understand they've been busy, so I guess we'll just have to wait for the update. I hope we can get some answers to our questions.

duckroll

- The Limited Edition Blu-ray is actually the same as the Standard Edition Blu-ray.

Is this really true? I haven't had a definite confirmation on this because pretty much everyone I know who backed this backed at $100 or higher. Did the regular edition backers also get the OST?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Is this really true? I haven't had a definite confirmation on this because pretty much everyone I know who backed this backed at $100 or higher. Did the regular edition backers also get the OST?

I did the regular edition. No OST. All that was in the package was the disk. Did get the art book though.

Wish I had done the $100 level. Must have missed that it came with the art piece

duckroll

Thanks. In that case I don't think there is an issue with the Limited Edition tier being gimped. Soundtrack + key animation booklet + douga sheet is exactly what they promised. While the packaging itself might be disappointing, the promised content is there.

Draikin 2

Thanks. In that case I don't think there is an issue with the Limited Edition tier being gimped. Soundtrack + key animation booklet + douga sheet is exactly what they promised. While the packaging itself might be disappointing, the promised content is there.
Depends on how you look at it. They didn't mention a Limited Edition "tier", but rather called it a "Limited Edition Blu-ray". Here's what was originally mentioned:

$50 reward:

Receive the standard edition Blu-Ray of Little Witch Academia 2 as soon as it is completed, as well as a printed version of the artbook. Plus all previous tiers!

$100 reward:

Receive the limited edition Blu-Ray of Little Witch Academia 2 as soon as it is completed, as well as a printed version of the artbook as well as a film reel cut from the episode. Plus all $20 rewards!

So it mentions you get "Limited edition Blu-ray... as well as a film reel cut". By listing those separately, it implied that the Limited Edition Blu-ray itself would not be the same as the Standard one. And the soundtrack and key animation booklet were both stretch goals, so those weren't what was supposed to make the Limited Edition "Limited" either. So that's why I stated that the Limited Edition Blu-ray is the same as the Standard Edition one.

I know this is arguing semantics, but it should never have said that you'd get a "Limited Edition Blu-ray". There wouldn't have been any confusion if they hadn't stated that. Aside from that, I do agree that the promised content in the $100 tier is ultimately there, albeit not in the form that many were expecting (that goes for both the Blu-ray case and the artbook). This would also be less of a problem if Trigger hadn't made a commercial release at the same time containing exactly what people were expecting from the Limited Edition.

It's not that I'm of the opinion that $100 backers should necessarily have gotten the Deluxe Edition. But we weren't made aware of it nor did we get a chance to upgrade to it. And that's disappointing, seeing how we helped fund the project and the whole idea behind Kickstarter is involving backers with the project. And it's worse for the people that paid $200, $300 or more. They're still getting the same standard Blu-ray that everyone else got.

duckroll

Depends on how you look at it.

Nah, I think it's really clear: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2/description

Stretch Goal - $500,000

-The Standard edition of the Blu-ray will be receiving an audio commentary and a making of Little Witch Academia 2 documentary.

-The Limited edition of the Blu-ray will be receiving an Original Sound Track and a Gengasyu (Line art collection book)

What is the difference between the Standard Edition and the Limited Edition of the Blu-ray?

The Standard Edition consists of the Blu-ray of Little Witch Academia 2 and an artbook.

The Limited Edition will cover all of the contents the Standard Edition does, and have a random 動画カット(Douga Cut, in-between art) that was actually used in the animation process!

There is nothing vague at all. The standard edition is the blu-ray and artbook. The limited edition is the blu-ray, artbook, soundtrack, key animation book, and the douga cut. There are real issues with the Kickstarter fulfillment, but this isn't one of them. They never said that the actual blu-ray disc will be any different.

Draikin 2

While I don't agree that the statement isn't misleading, I do agree that in terms of the actual Blu-ray, it's not a fulfillment issue.

The artbook is a bit more questionable. Technically, they only said they were "planning" to add preproduction designs. And technically, it contains three small drawings that could be considered "preproduction" designs. So even there, you could argue they delivered what was promised. I'm not sure what your view on that is?

duckroll

Those are not "pre-production designs", they're actual background layouts for the animation. Part of the production process. Also, they're from LWA1, not LWA2. So I think it'll be hard for them to argue that it meets any reasonable expectations.

Let's not forget that the way it was phrased in the FAQ:

Will the artbook have preproduction notes and design sketches like the one on the home page?

Yes, we plan to include preproduction design works.

The language here is very clear in terms of setting expectations I feel. The question specifically references design sketches like the ones on the campaign page. The answer is an affirmative, and specifically says "preproduction design works". This is why the artbook came as a shock, because it is a totally different thing from what people expected.

The blu-ray is far less of an issue. I mean, sure it would have been nice if they had a slipcase or something to make it feel more special, but it's merely disappointing packaging, not the wrong type of product. :)

I wanted better packaging i spent my money for better packaging designs gawd damn it

Meia

An update went up to backers, as I'm sure people got, but why not post it here I guess anyway.

Backer Update #38

Dear Backers,

As many of you may be aware, majority of the physical rewards have been shipped out. There has been many questions and stress addressed regarding the rewards, and we are sorry that we were not able to attend these concerns at an earlier time. With the theater release starting and various promotional events taking place at the same time, we are doing as much as humanly possible to attend the issue. Hopefully, the following answers will address your concerns.

For those who are unsure if your reward was sent out

Please check the email you have provided on our survey to see if you have received a tracking number. If you cannot locate any mails regarding a tracking number in both inbox and spam folder, please contact our support through direct message.

Concerns regarding Standard and Limited edition of the backer exclusive Blu-ray package

We are aware that a lot of frustration has been appointed to our Blu-ray packaging in comparison to the theater exclusive copy released by Toho Pictures. While it is unfortunate that we were not able to satisfy our backers, please understand that the Blu-ray released by TOHO was funded individually by TOHO for the promotion of their theater release. For any questions regarding the TOHO copy of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade, please appoint the question to TOHO pictures. With the above noted, we would like to distinguish the backer exclusive version of the Blu-ray package.

The Standard Edition:

Includes a Blu-ray disc of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
Artbook of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade

The Limited Edition version:

Includes a Blu-ray disc of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
Soundtrack of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
Artbook of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
Genga(Key frame) Artbook of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
A film reel (animation frame) of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
*Please do note that the animation frame included is not a duplication, and is the actual frame used in the animation. The frame is one and only and each individual frame is irreplaceable.

If you believe to have received the wrong copy of the Blu-ray, a protocol will be addressed near the end of this update for your guidance.

For those who have missed the opportunity to download the digital contents

We will provide multiple download links during the final week of October. (To avoid concentrated traffic to a single link)

For those who received their package, but some of your items were missing, damaged, or believe that they have received a package from the wrong reward tier

Please contact our support via direct message regarding your missing/damaged rewards by October 31st. For any inquiries after the stated date, we may not be able to comply, or may have to charge extra expense to assist your issue. Once a staff responds to your condition, you may be asked to provide several information so that we may assist your issue.

Concerns regarding the Audio commentary and the Metal badge

We are aware and at fault for the missing audio commentary and the metal badge. There has been multiple obstacles and issue regarding this project due to its unique nature, and simply put we were not prepared to tackle a project of this caliber. It is unfortunate for us, but we will have to admit that the audio commentary has slept out of our check.
To compensate for the lacking audio commentary function, we are looking into hosting an interactive live streaming of Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade with our director providing a live commentary. We hope to conduct this streaming sometime during November and will announce the specifics at a later date once we have the details settled.
Regarding the metal badges, the item has been omitted and updated to a blue post card due to budgetary issue, which we have failed to notify when we sent out the survey mails. We understand that the specifics differ greatly from what we have initially promised, and many of you are dissatisfied with the turnout. For these inconvenience, I would like to apologize on behalf of TRIGGER, and would like to plead for everyone’s understanding and mercy in regards of these two changes.

Ban Puncher

You forgot the best part.

xZV9XPl.gif

LiK

I'm glad they're gonna try doing the commentary later. hope they can just let us download it too cuz I dunno when the live stream happens.

sucks about the metal badges altho I don't remember if my tier included it anyway.

Arabesque

I just got mine and I believe the metal badge is there (or some sort of golden thing), but not sure about everything else. Will have to check later.

Is the soundtrack included in the BD case or is it separate?

Can't stay mad with Akko apologizing like that.

Interestingly enough looks like it was done or at least cleaned up in Flash with its funky brush tool.

omlet

I guess I need to actually take the plastic wrap off my BD tonight and confirm what's in there. I backed just over $100 for the LE and recently got my package of a disc case, a paperback black cover artbook, and one cut of the reel with Akko and Lotte.

If there is supposed to be a soundtrack and a second art book (key frames), which were the stretch goals for the LE BD, they're either in my BD case or I didn't get them.

javac

I guess I need to actually take the plastic wrap off my BD tonight and confirm what's in there. I backed just over $100 for the LE and recently got my package of a disc case, a paperback black cover artbook, and one cut of the reel with Akko and Lotte.

If there is supposed to be a soundtrack and a second art book (key frames), which were the stretch goals for the LE BD, they're either in my BD case or I didn't get them.

The only thing that would be in the amaray case would be the Blu-ray and the Soundtrack CD. The black art-book that you have is the Genga(Key frame) Artbook of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade which is exclusive to the Limited Edition. The standard art-book (which has an image on the front cover) that everybody should have got is missing from the Limited Edition packages and will be shipped out to backers soon:

As a quick addendum, we wanted to add that all art books included in the $100 and up tiers will be shipping soon. We'll make another announcement as soon as the date has been confirmed.

Address changes have been enabled on the survey, so please be sure to update your address if there has been a change.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I got the black genga artbook instead of the regular artbook a while ago. Thought they were going to send the right artbook automatically, but this new update seems to suggest sending them a message, so I did.

omlet

I got the black genga artbook instead of the regular artbook a while ago. Thought they were going to send the right artbook automatically, but this new update seems to suggest sending them a message, so I did.

I need to do the same, but the update/email doesn't give an address to contact... do you go though KS or is there a support email address directly to the studio to use?

Just received two email updates

Dear Backers,
As mentioned in our previous update, we will be hosting an interactive streaming of Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade with audio commentaries. Details of the stream session is as follows;
Service: USTREAM
Schedule: 11/5/2015 14:00~16:00 (JST)
Commentator: Yoh Yoshinari, Masahiko Otsuka
Link: Streaming link and password will be provided through Kickstarter update page on the 5th of November
We intend to allow comments during the streaming, and hope to make the commentary session interactive with the backers. To cover as many comments as possible, we will make them exclusives to questions regarding the actual film.
*Please do understand that not all comments and questions will be answered due to capacity.

We also hope to provide limited translation to the audio commentary, and English subtitles for the downloadable archive that we plan to make available on a later date.
Sincererly,
TRIGGER

Other update is for the digital artbook so check your email

Art book/Audio commentary updates

Dear Backers,
We would like to get in touch regarding the situation of the missing physical copy of the art book, and the download for the audio commentary.

Art book:
We are making final preparation to have them shipped out! We have enabled the option to update your shipping address once again, so if you are eligible for the physical copy of the art book, and require to update your shipping information, please do so by 12/01/15! We will not be able to comply to any address update after the above stated date.

Audio commentary:
We are in the process of translating and editing in the English subtitles at this very moment. This process however, will take us some time as we do not have a full time staff to attend the project. For this reason, we have made the raw version of the commentary available on the following link,

Our apologies for the poor audio quality on the first portion of the streaming. It took us a bit of tinkering to get the volume of each speaker to the right amount.
We expect to have the subtitled and edited version of the commentary available, within this year. Once the editing process is complete, we will provide another update with the files!

Sincerely,
TRIGGER

LiK

can someone PM a link to the digital artbook? I forgot to download it and the links are dead. I got the AX movie tho. they're shipping my physical but I want the digital.

I just found out myself, but apparently they got both films on Netflix in the US.

I watched the first one, but haven't been able to watch the second until now. Will try to watch it after work tonight.

Chariot

My artbook finally arrived and even without going through custom. Then again, it would hardly would've worth it. As people already said, it's disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom