• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live action Aeon Flux...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
aeonflux.jpg

Oh no.

Okay, what the fuck was I thinking when I said it might be good?

Then again, it is just one little pic.

One stupid looking, tiny little pic.

I heard about ths movie months ago and had my hopes up. If it doesn't take place in some futuristic surreal sci-fi setting they can hang it up. I should've known better than to get my hopes up, but based on the pic, I don't think they've got the look right (or are these early leaked training shots/camera tests)........

mrmyth

Charlize could reduce herself to a skeleton and still be too fat to play Aeon. I hated that animation style.

That being said, I 'll go see it because I'm a complete fucking simp for Charlize Theron.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm sorry but, that just isn't remotely a good translation of Aeon into live action. Even removing the Pro Annerexia look. I realize Aeon's hair style defies the laws of space and time, but in this day and age of CG work, anything's possible. Hell, if it looked too surreal to quite be "real", that would have worked in its favor. Aeon Flux is surreality defined. Also, the costume is typical Dark Angel sexy commando girl black. Did they even look at the real characters? Whether you like the style or not, Aeon and her compatriots were all about breaking repressive society rules and fashion, and the chosen look to symbolize it was the BDSM/PVC clubber/fetish costume world.

I realize you can't assume very much from a single picture. But at a glance, it's almost a practical joke on Peter Chung, who's very idea was to be unconventional and blow the rules to hell and gone.

Kaijima said:
I realize you can't assume very much from a single picture. But at a glance, it's almost a practical joke on Peter Chung, who's very idea was to be unconventional and blow the rules to hell and gone.

I have to wonder how much Chung is nvolved, if at all.

They should have just animated it. It would have cost a lot less than hiring someone like Charlize Theron and producing a full scale life-action movie.

MrparisSM

Banned
Ugh. My God why could't they just make a full featured Animation/style Movie?? Stuff like this doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom