• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LN/Light Novel/Novel - First Edition: Start reading your Novel now!

Michele

you.
I am not really sure where do I start, but I thought about making that one since, well, I think that there is none of those. Or there may have been one, but it sounds like it's dead now, so in any case, I'm rebooting this thread.
For starters...

A novel is a relatively long work of narrative fiction, normally written in prose form, and which is typically published as a book.

However, there is also the Light Novel format. Unlike Novels, the Light Novels, or LN for short, are novels that usually have short chapters, but one of the upsides is that usually it can be read online, for free. The downside however, is that it's usually either avaliable in Chinese (common language), Japanese, or Korean language, and some actually require you to pay. Luckily, there are several sites or pages that has translated novels.

For beginners, I would strongly recommend you to go visit Novel Planet. It might not be too good with others, but there is a dark theme, and overall, it has been the easiest method for me to read a light novel.

What are your favorite novels? Any that you would recommend?

Sakura

Currently the only LNs I read are Youjitsu (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu he) and Re:Zero. I want to read more but they just take so much time.

YukiOnna

I read pretty much anything Kamachi puts out (Index, Heavy Object, Magisterus Badtrip), anything from Kawakami (Horizon, Owari no Chronicle) Oregairu, Re:Zero, No Game No Life. Those are the main series I currently read and dabble in some small stuff here and there just keeping it up.

Kamachi is probably my favourite author for what LN's do and Kawakami being next. Just enough crazy to keep me entertained and long-term world building. If you're looking for something like that I recommended it even if the length of something like Index and Horizon can be daunting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom