• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loading XMB on a PSP instead of a UMD?

Polari

When there's a UMD inserted of course. I know this is probably a stupid question, but I need to know because having to wait for the game to load a bit, then having to press "Home" and "Yes" is pretty annoying.

Wollan

You can set on parental control but then the game/movie inside has to be one of higher age rating.

Hopefully they will add auto-xmb startup in a patch soon.

reminder

Open the UMD drive, turn on the PSP, when XMB has loaded close the UMD drive. You will stay on the XMB and the game will not start automatically.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
reminder said:
Open the UMD drive, turn on the PSP, when XMB has loaded close the UMD drive. You will stay on the XMB and the game will not start automatically.

That's what I do now and it's a friggin pain in the ass to keep on doing it. It'd be nice to have an option to boot straight to the OS, like the DS allows.

reminder

Mejilan said:
That's what I do now and it's a friggin pain in the ass to keep on doing it. It'd be nice to have an option to boot straight to the OS, like the DS allows.

I did not say that i like it, but it is a better way than let the game load until you can push the home button. Also it is better than the parental control option because the game has to have a higher rating like Wollan said.

I would prefer a direct boot to XMB option too. Hopefully Sony will add this in the next firmware update.

Lee N

Membre
I just open the UMD slot before powering up the PSP, then I close it as soon as I'm in the main interface.

But, hodling down the home button (or something along those lines) while powering up your PSP would be a better option, Sony should really implement this in a future update.

Top Bottom