• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for a real 3D sonic?

Ikael

I don't know you guys, but the latest images of what is suppoused to be the next gen sonic were so appalling, that I am in need of posting the last hope for Sonic fans of having a proper 3D Sonic.
Thanks to a reader of my blog, I discovered lots of awesome amateur Sonic games:

First of all, this awesome amateur game, Sonic GL, which kicks the official Sonic's asses in so many fronts that it is not even funny (artistically included):

http://www.bosser-jerome.com/sonic_the_hedgehog_gl_sonic_gl_3d_game_opengl_en.php

sonic%20gl%203D%20screenshot%204.jpg

shot21.jpg

sonic_slide.jpg

shot9.jpg

shot3.jpg

It is made by a single crazy French guy, and gooddanm, seeing these screens makes me want to fund him a game studio or something.

Also, ,more about the amateur Sonic games here:
http://www.anaitgames.com/?p=1994

PS: How the hell do I rescalate the images?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
RiZ III said:
how can u possibly say that looks better than the official sonic :lol

I don't see Amy or Big the Cat or disproportionate humans anywhere.

Zaptruder

Banned
Oh Sega... all your problems could be alleviated by making Sonic 2.5D.

Instead, you have to give us absolutely crap camera and the twitchiest hedgehog in the universe? bah bah I spit on you!

ram

not bad, especially the second screen looks like a picture from the official sonic the hedgehog game.

Kuro-11

Banned
I really wonder how much does Sonic weight since he can’t float on water. The physics engine in Sonic’s games sucks

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Heh, I was supposed to make custom models for that guy, but he kinda vanished from MSN and I wasn't able to contact him back, so stopped working.

Here's some crap I never got to finish :/

sgl01.jpg

sgl01b.jpg

sgl02.jpg

mr_nothin

Banned
Dobkeratops said:
Heh, I was supposed to make custom models for that guy, but he kinda vanished from MSN and I wasn't able to contact him back, so stopped working.

Here's some crap I never got to finish :/

sgl01.jpg

sgl01b.jpg

sgl02.jpg
ZOMG
better art right there!

you should do a 3d side scroller :)
with rockets! :p

That fangame looks alright.

You know. I always wondered how a 3D Sonic game would turn out if a different company like Namco or Nintendo handled all the development on it.

sky

Downloaded the vid.
It doesn't "kick the official Sonic's asses" by any means, but it's still a nice fan effort.
Most homebrew games don't even make it to this state.

Top Bottom