• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for Activision's statement regarding the COD2 save glitch and how to avoid it

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I finally really sat down with this game a few days ago (I had played it briefly at a friends house around launch time). I set it to Verteran difficulty and I've been going through the levels. Its actually not that hard IMO. The frequent checkpoints make it easy.

I beat Rommel's Last Stand Tonight and then I got hit with the glitch.

I could have sworn that Activision put out a statement several weeks ago and it said that if you choose to save and quit after every mission you won't get the glitch. I had been doing that but I still got the glitch anyway. I was hoping to read the statement again in case I incorrectly remembered the instructions but I haven't been able to locate it.

Any help?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I want a final answer too, i'm going to be starting that game here soon.

I thought the way to avoid it was to make sure you are signed into your profile then load the game?

Anyone else hear this one?

IJoel

I thought the way around that was by not selecting "resume game," but rather selecting the specific level and checkpoint.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Judging by these posts, I've concluded that there is no actual remedy to this glitch and Activison/Infinity Ward made up solutions, hoping that it'll trick people into thinking they're playing glitch-free

Yeah, I think the safest thing is to quit after every level and then restart by selecting the next section. Don't resume the game. I got through the entire game that way.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I resumed my game every time and I was glitch-free

Bebpo said:

prayavatar7re.jpg

:lol

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I don't have a direct quote, but I can paraphrase:

"Fuck off, suckers. :lol"

Sad, but true.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Thankfully the game has a level select code so I won't have to replay those old levels to start back where I was.

For those of you wondering what it is:

On the level select screen hold the L and R buttons then press Left, Left, Right, Right (on the d-pad), Y, Y.

I do plan on replaying those levels eventually so that I can have the complete save with all levels beaten on Veteran but right now I'm just worried about the achievements.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Baron Aloha said:
Thankfully the game has a level select code so I won't have to replay those old levels to start back where I was.

For those of you wondering what it is:

On the level select screen hold the L and R buttons then press Left, Left, Right, Right (on the d-pad), Y, Y.

I do plan on replaying those levels eventually so that I can have the complete save with all levels beaten on Veteran but right now I'm just worried about the achievements.

Doesn't do shit for achievements, though.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
SnakeXs said:
Doesn't do shit for achievements, though.

You still have to beat the levels to get the achievement. Its good because you won't have to start all over from the beginning and work your way back to where you were. I was able to use it tonight to get my Rommel's Last Stand achievement.

Dante

Why isn't there a patch for this yet? :(

I want to get this as my next 360 game, but not unless they patch it, or fix it for future retail copies

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Supposedly the patch is definitely happening tomorrow (Tuesday).

But it won't address the save glitch. Only the online. :(

I hope that's wrong.

Chi-Town

Baron Aloha said:
Supposedly the patch is definitely happening tomorrow (Tuesday).

But it won't address the save glitch. Only the online. :(

I hope that's wrong.

Actually the word is that the patch deals with the save glitch but doesn't do anything for the online play.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Wario64 said:
oh that's rich

:lol

Does anyone have any legit quotes from Infinity Ward regarding the patch at all?

They should address both issues. The online was bullshit from the get go and they should have known that before it was even released.

I don't see why the save glitch would be hard to fix either. If they can reproduce it, it should be cake to fix I would think.

Top Bottom