• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Magic DS images

ziran

lostmagic_170_50.gif

update - some new pics at Game Watch.

there's a trailer at the Lost Magic website.

+D Games has a TGS preview of Taito's Lost Magic rpg for the DS.

there are also some direct feed images here.

and at Game Watch.

the uses of the touch screen looks good.

Hey, that looks pretty good! I like the art style. I'm guessing from the looks of it that it's an action RPG? Having to draw runes reminds me of the Castlevania DS game. I also wonder what the image where they've drawn a circle around the characters with arrows is about? Is this to move the characters, or to aim an attack, perhaps?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
well I can already see the give away touch pen they will be adding in with this...

MadFuzzy

It's more of an RTS-type game than a straight A-RPG. The whole battle system using the stylus worked quite well in the TGS demo.

jgkspsx

An RTS? Wow, it doesn't look it. I'd appreciate any more detail you can give.

Am I correct in thinking there's a spellbook of standard gestures ala Pac Pix? It's a very cool concept, and this is a better use for it than an action game like Pac Pix.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Now THAT looks like a DS RPG.

Specifically design for all the features, woohoo!

Does this have a release date or anything?

MadFuzzy

jgkspsx said:
An RTS? Wow, it doesn't look it. I'd appreciate any more detail you can give.

Am I correct in thinking there's a spellbook of standard gestures ala Pac Pix? It's a very cool concept, and this is a better use for it than an action game like Pac Pix.

You move the main character (magician) with the d-pad, and the other party members as you would in an RTS with the stylus (drawing a box around them and then pointing them where to go). Battle is done by pointing party members at enemies so they fight them and also, with the main character (who seems to be the only player capable of magic in the demo), by drawing spells on the bottom screen (like Pac Pix) and then pointing them in the right direction. Apparently you will be able to mix up spell drawings to create combos.

That's what I picked up from my short time with the TGS demo. It was quite fun and it sounds like there could be a lot of spells and combos to learn in the final version.

ziran

MadFuzzy said:
You move the main character (magician) with the d-pad, and the other party members as you would in an RTS with the stylus (drawing a box around them and then pointing them where to go). Battle is done by pointing party members at enemies so they fight them and also, with the main character (who seems to be the only player capable of magic in the demo), by drawing spells on the bottom screen (like Pac Pix) and then pointing them in the right direction. Apparently you will be able to mix up spell drawings to create combos.

That's what I picked up from my short time with the TGS demo. It was quite fun and it sounds like there could be a lot of spells and combos to learn in the final version.
thanks! it sounds great :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ahh, thanks. Hmmm, isn't Taito = Square Enix these days? Might just come out here after all.

Magical Pengel? I never played that. What's it like? Has it come out here in the US?

ziran

Mejilan said:
Ahh, thanks. Hmmm, isn't Taito = Square Enix these days? Might just come out here after all.

Magical Pengel? I never played that. What's it like? Has it come out here in the US?
i'm not sure, i haven't played it, but it sounds good.

there's a review at IGN.

jarrod

Banned
Fwiw, Gakaruta Studio is a Taito owned subsidiary with some staff connections to Studio Ghibli. And Magic Pengel was excellent (haven't played GK yet).

Top Bottom