• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost my phone, is it worth getting iPhone 7 Plus now?

OEM

So yeah I lost my Pixel XL. Bought it last December, all the money went down the drain. Oh well... what can you do. Anyways, I am using a spare phone I borrowed from a friend. Galaxy S4. It runs so bad. this thing is laggy as hell.

I am not interested in any phone other than Google or Apple's. So Samsung, HTC, LG etc. are just not even an option for me. I care about software update on day one than anything else. I also keep my phone for at least 3 years. Have heard terrible stories of Galaxy phones becoming slow after months of usage.

Pixel was a dream device. 6 months usage and still was running like a champ. But I don't feel like buying the same phone again, I was thinking of trying the iOS. I have owned iPhone 4 but that's about it. Since then I have been a WP and Nexus user.

Now the problem is, with all these rumors of Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 I want to wait but god damn its still months away :( I can't imagine using S4 for that long. Battery and Performance are both awful.

Bottom line, Lost my Pixel XL, and don't want to buy the same phone again. So is it worth getting iPhone 7 Plus now? will it last me 3 years? is it a wise decision? or suck it up and keep using my S4 for 6 more months :( And be hopeful Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 will release in Oct.

Theonik

The iPhone won't spontaneously combust when a new one comes out and you say you need a phone.

You have 3 options:
1) Buy an iPhone now.
2) Buy another phone now.
3) Find another phone either for free or a cheap phone and buy whatever Fall flagship you fancy.

You'll survive.

shira

So yeah I lost my Pixel XL. Bought it last December, all the money went down the drain. Oh well... what can you do. Anyways, I am using a spare phone I borrowed from a friend. Galaxy S4. It runs so bad. this thing is laggy as hell.

I am not interested in any phone other than Google or Apple's. So Samsung, HTC, LG etc. are just not even an option for me. I care about software update on day one than anything else. I also keep my phone for at least 3 years. Have heard terrible stories of Galaxy phones becoming slow after months of usage.

Pixel was a dream device. 6 months usage and still was running like a champ. But I don't feel like buying the same phone again, I was thinking of trying the iOS. I have owned iPhone 4 but that's about it. Since then I have been a WP and Nexus user.

Now the problem is, with all these rumors of Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 I want to wait but god damn its still months away :( I can't imagine using S4 for that long. Battery and Performance are both awful.

Bottom line, Lost my Pixel XL, and don't want to buy the same phone again. So is it worth getting iPhone 7 Plus now? will it last me 3 years? is it a wise decision? or suck it up and keep using my S4 for 6 more months :( And be hopeful Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 will release in Oct.

Get a phone 1-2 generations ago if you want to save money
Get the current gen if you need it for work/etc

iPhones are awesome, I love my 7 Plus. I would go for it. And when the 8 comes out, or the new Pixel you can get that if there are enough upgrades and sell the 7 Plus. Or just keep the 7 plus to have a second device or alternative device in case you lose your phone again.

SexyFish

Banned
An iPhone SE is a good 'budget' phone and a good iPhone, if that's something you'd like to get while waiting for the next iteration.

highrider

Banned
I actually really like the design of the 7, even though it isn't some huge difference. Never owned an iPhone though but it seems to have everything you would need unless you are a serious audiophile.

Nah, just pick up a used phone a year or two old and then sell it back on Swappa when the 8 comes out. Or bear the old phone you have now.

sirap

I would wait. Next iPhone looks like it'll be a significant redesign.

If you're ready to jump to ios maybe get a used 6s or an SE.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I replaced my 5S with 7S, absolutely worth it. However, wait for the new phone in September. It's already May.

Jimrpg

Get a cheap phone for now. <$100

Sell the cheap phone when the iPhone 8 comes out.

You can get a Xiaomi Redmi 4x for $100 that has similar basic specs to an iPhone 6. Obviously the iPhone is superior, but it'll hold you over for a few months.

Top Bottom