• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey (Xbox360) blowout in Famitsu (Demo Impressions Pg 6 / Post 278)

Bob Saget

Banned
duckroll said:
The only new info there is that the English voices for Lost Odyssey are already done, he also confirms a video will be up on Live in the middle of X06, and the full demo will be only on DVD in Japan in November. There probably won't be a demo outside of Japan until next year. Oh and Blue Dragon will be about 40 hours long, but can be as long as 60 over hours if you want to collect everything.

Luckily the language is simple, so google doesn't have a tough time translating it! :lol

So who do we have in Japan that can pick up demo discs for us? :D

duckroll

Bob Saget said:
So who do we have in Japan that can pick up demo discs for us? :D

What good would the disc do if it's region locked? Seeing how all JP Xbox360 games are, and even the Love Football demo on JP Live is, I won't be surprised. If you have a JP Xbox360 though, just head down to any Kinokuniya or equavilant Japanese bookstore in your area and buy the Famitsu that comes with the disc.

duckroll said:
What good would the disc do if it's region locked? Seeing how all JP Xbox360 games are, and even the Love Football demo on JP Live is, I won't be surprised. If you have a JP Xbox360 though, just head down to any Kinokuniya or equavilant Japanese bookstore in your area and buy the Famitsu that comes with the disc.

Can anyone confirm that Kinokuniya actually sells Famitsu and I've just missed it every time I've looked for it? If so, I'll just have them start holding copies for me...

duckroll

BenjaminBirdie said:
Can anyone confirm that Kinokuniya actually sells Famitsu and I've just missed it every time I've looked for it? If so, I'll just have them start holding copies for me...

I dunno how it really works in the States, but it shouldn't be too different. Here in Singapore the Kinokuniyas have Japanese magazine counters where you can go to reserve/order books or magazines. There are also special sections for Japanese magazines and newspapers, so you might have been in the wrong area.

duckroll said:
I dunno how it really works in the States, but it shouldn't be too different. Here in Singapore the Kinokuniyas have Japanese magazine counters where you can go to reserve/order books or magazines. There are also special sections for Japanese magazines and newspapers, so you might have been in the wrong area.

I looked through the Gaming section of Magazines and the Hobby/Shonen Jump section of Magazines and had no luck. Is there another major game magazine brand? Because I found a PS2-centric and cross platform magazine with what appeared to be the same logo. And it was not Famitsu, the covers and logo of which I have seen several zillion times.

lix2k3

MS has told us 2007 for Blue Dragon, but won't even confirm LO as 07. I'm beginning to think it's going to be a 08 release for the U.S. I hope not...

lix2k3 said:
MS has told us 2007 for Blue Dragon, but won't even confirm LO as 07. I'm beginning to think it's going to be a 08 release for the U.S. I hope not...

there both 2007 for us.

for lost odyseey it's a world wide release. in 2007

I would prefer they not do a simutanoues release if it means a better product, I can wait

Does anyone else get a sort of "Highlander" feeling from the immortal storyline?

I can hear that Queen song now........

I'm expecting soo much from this game's story that it probably ain't fair for Sakagushi :lol

But dog...when you start with a premise like that...you gotta back it up. Who is writing the story? The guy from vagabound?

Merovingian said:
I'm expecting soo much from this game's story that it probably ain't fair for Sakagushi :lol

But dog...when you start with a premise like that...you gotta back it up. Who is writing the story? The guy from vagabound?

wonder if the story is going to be like blade of the immortal...should interesting either way...an original story for a game at least

peace

Hmmm, Im interested to see what the bright lush environments look like in this game, if there are any...havent seeing any yet with UE3

The city looks nice enough....although graphically...from the crappy pics, not as hot as I expected....its early days though...

Really I hope this game shows something innovative...the premise seems interesting but nothing else has piqued me yet

peace

GreekWolf

Me likey! Snatched a few favorites

lo1.jpg

lo2.jpg

lo3.jpg

lo4.jpg

lo5.jpg

lo6.jpg

lo7.jpg

lo8.jpg

lo9.jpg

lo10.jpg

BlizzyAzz

Hunahan said:
Nice find. I've been wondering why everything but the intro to the demo has remained shrouded in secrecy.

Too bad they didn't have a video camera, eh? ;)

It will be all good when BlimBlim get his hands on the demo in November and capture it in 720p :D

duckroll

I hope this is at X06 Singapore when I drop by next weekend. Otherwise I'll have to wait 2 weeks for Famitsu Weekly to get my first hands-on touch of the demo.

duckroll

It wasn't at X06, but the demo disc is coming with the Weekly Famitsu mag this Friday! My Kinokuniya won't be getting it until next Wednesday, but it seems some people in Japan already have it!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
It wasn't at X06, but the demo disc is coming with the Weekly Famitsu mag this Friday! My Kinokuniya won't be getting it until next Wednesday, but it seems some people in Japan already have it!

*drools*

u_neek

duckroll said:

Lucky bitches!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
If anyone in Japan is willing to buy and send me this, I'll make some 720p videos asap. I'll pay for everything of course.

On a side note Ive been checking out vagabond and it is pretty damned good....although not a patch on beserk as of yet....miyamoto in this form is certainly no guts....

the art style is quite nice and clean...second maybe to gantz in the cleanliness of design

haven't checked slam dunk....but I have no interest really in sports manga...

peace

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
duckroll said:

Oh man... nice!

john tv said:
Good news: I have the demo!

Bad news: It'll be a cold day in hell before I shell out for a Japanese 360. :lol

post a screen of the demo disc with some fake impressions to get people excited at least

Ikael

Holy crap.

It just finished.

I can't believe how bad that was.

I demand an explanation to such an unvelievable impression. I mean, what was bad? the graphics? the combat system? the story? the pacing? everything alltogether?

Top Bottom