• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey (Xbox360) blowout in Famitsu (Demo Impressions Pg 6 / Post 278)

BuddyC

Hunter D said:
Its a joke you dumbass. God, I hate fanatical, know it all fanboys. Your head is going to blow up if you don't lighten up.

I've been playing jrpgs for a long time guy. Don't assume things.
Hey now, no need to resort to name calling. I know it's hard, especially with people acting like Tat, but insults like that don't lead to a civil conversation (that's why personal insults are a bannable offense). Just keep than in mind, please :)

DCharlie

Banned
did he actually play/see the game or did ms tell him to write that lo will sell 360s in japan? i mean come on

you know Tim is a Sony employee right?

He claimed to be in meetings with Stringer and was Kutaragis personal translator. (he's working there, but i'm 99% sure in a different capacity than what he suggests)

sp0rsk said:
Hes whining about you guys in irc btw.

Also, can't wait to play this.

I can almost hear the sound of his sony brand tears hitting the keyboard.

And, pretty much holy crap at those impressions. They make it sound like the second coming. I'm still on the fence. I don't trust him after the final fantasy movie personally. I heard some bad stuff about that.

Joeroll

Most people are debating wether it will sell in japan. Wether it will sell 360s in japan. Or, where the developers loyalty lies. Is he making the game to piss off sony? piss off Square-enix? Do you people have no SOULS!?

Some people are more worried about if a Japanese audience will accept a game rather than themselves accepting it.

Oh, btw... the game sounds fun.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It will be safe to assume this game wont set japan a blaze. Itl move some units though. It wont be some phenomenon like dq or anything though.

Amir0x

Banned
i'm pretty sure tim rogers just posted that this game is gonna finally kill squeenix so now i don't know what to believe sp0rsk

Alex

Squaresoft barely exists anymore anyhow. It's all absorbed companies and pet projects for Nomura. =/

I really hope Matsuno ends up somewhere decent.

jarrod

Banned
Scalemail Ted said:
What was the game that would sell 500K in japan? Is this the one?
Trusty Bell evidently... though there's no way it would've moved 500k on PS2 either, probably not even 200k actually. It's just crazy Namco at work again. ;)

Most of that thing about Sakaguchi is bullshit. He left Square, didn't come back into game development until MS waved money in front of his face, he caught a smell and scampered to them like a dog.

Tieno

DarknessTear said:
Most of that thing about Sakaguchi is bullshit. He left Square, didn't come back into game development until MS waved money in front of his face, he caught a smell and scampered to them like a dog.
Where did you hear that?

DarknessTear said:

Can you blame him?
Money is good.

Well we all know he wasn't hiding in Microsoft's basement during the big gap when games were being made after he left. Also, he seems to be in favor of the 360 for a reason. Also he did say himself that MS is funding his games.

Aryuken

Banned
DarknessTear said:

Riiight....more like he left Square and decided to take some time off and think about his next Step, MS just "Jumped in" at the right moment.

Jump in :p

x Maiku x

yeah ok.

Mistwalker is a Japanese video game development studio started by Hironobu Sakaguchi (the creator of the popular Final Fantasy series) in 2004 with the financial backing of Microsoft. The logo and name were trademarked in 2001. Mistwalker outsources coding duties to other companies (including Artoon, and Feel Plus), preferring to focus primarily on the design portion of game development.

Sakaguchi is the president of new studio, and Kensuke Tanaka, the creator of the PlayOnline system, is the vice president.

Mrbob

Tim really wants Square Enix to crash and burn! :lol

Of course I can understand where he is coming from. The company is becoming a huge FF machine. FF this and FFthat all over the place.

x Maiku x

OLD OLD info, even before they were announce. but..

Daisuke Fukugawa, who previously served as battle planner on Final Fantasy Tactics and as planner for Legend of Mana is now serving at Mistwalker as director on one of the team's two projects. Hiroshi Arai, who supervised 3D graphic design for Final Fantasy 7 and served as modeling supervisor on Final Fantasy 9 is now at Mistwalker, doing modeling work on both projects.

Plus Nobuo, kind of. And supposedly quite a few others, especially at feel plus. I'd say yeah, it's the SquareSOFT rebellion.

WTF is up with the thread title? Demo impressions on page 6? I posted the same Tim Rogers insanity on page 4.

rodneydangerfield.jpg

pswii60

If LO and BD actually did make the 360 turn around in Japan it would be a miracle and would go down in history books.

And that is exactly why I want this to happen!!

Seriously though, can LO really be that good? Can any game be that good? I'd love to see game that good, on any platform.

BuddyC

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
WTF is up with the thread title? Demo impressions on page 6? I posted the same Tim Rogers insanity on page 4.

rodneydangerfield.jpg
but now there are some more hastily written "squeenix will die!" thoughts.

Aryuken

Banned
DarknessTear said:
No, it really sounds like he hasn't played many games. :lol

So...well would you list you know games that you think have amazing soundtrack, and when i say amazing soundtrack i really mean it, something that you would hear it and you wouldn't say "Let me guess, this soundtrack is from a videogame".

Guys it's a reading comprehension issue... Darkness thought he used a singlur noun instead of a plural... "It's the best song I've heard in videogame" instead of "It's the best song I've heard in videogames" even though that's not what Aryuken said anyway. Now stop the bratty stuff... it's a single stupid misunderstanding and you're all fully aware of it, yet you all still bicker for the sake of bickering. I'm really getting tired of this being the Gaf standard.

Mefisutoferesu said:
Guys it's a reading comprehension issue... Darkness thought he used a singlur noun instead of a plural... "It's the best song I've heard in videogame" instead of "It's the best song I've heard in videogames" even though that's not what Aryuken said anyway. Now stop the bratty stuff... it's a single stupid misunderstanding and you're all fully aware of it, yet you all still bicker for the sake of bickering. I'm really getting tired of this being the Gaf standard.

Aryuken said "Man....the music is beautifull already, one of the best i've heard in a videogame yet."

That sounds fine.

Aryuken

Banned
DarknessTear said:
Yeah it's just a case of comparing the music to every video game out so far, in which case it loses.

Loses to what? Wtf, will you even make a lick of ****ing sense?

I said one of the, not the, get it?

DarknessTear said:
Yeah it's just a case of comparing the music to every video game out so far, in which case it loses.

(neutral) DarknessTear
Kotex II: Now With Wings!
Disregard anything from him about RPGs

... >_>

pswii60

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Okay some news needs to appear and fast. Quick MS put the demo up on marketplace...please?

ehhh was the demo he played in Japanese or English?

It'll be interesting to know if they are synchronising the localisation of BD and LO with the development process.

I know Blim said that we wouldn't have to wait too long for either game to go West.

pswii60 said:
ehhh was the demo he played in Japanese or English?

It'll be interesting to know if they are synchronising the localisation of BD and LO with the development process.

I know Blim said that we wouldn't have to wait too long for either game to go West.

I am fully confident that we'll playing this demo by Hannukah. (Is Hannukah late or early this year? Fellow M.O.T.s, ASSEMBLE!)

birdchili

i keep getting this sneaking suspicion that if you want to play all the great japanese rpgs this gen, you're going to have to own a heck of a lot more consoles than you've had to own in previous gens.

...and it looks like microsoft might have cornered the market on big budget jrpgs for the next year - is there *anything* on the horizon for another console that's been shown in anything approaching a near-complete state?

Top Bottom