• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet multiplayer needs damage notification

Whether it's blood, red arrows or rumble. Right now it's really hard to realize you are being shot. There is a slight animation on your charachter, but the game is so frantic that it really isnt noticable.

I know capcom just LOVES customer feedback, but this really is essential that they add something to fix this.

The game is great fun, tons of havok and destruction, and this is the only thing that really sticks out as being a problem to me.

It needs less racists assholes. Had Live a good while now, and never came across them more than on Lost Planet, for some reason. You better not play the game if you don't sound like you're 100% American.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Doesn't the gague in the middle of your screen go down?

There is a life bar at the top lefthand corner, but it's really hard to notice.

TheGreatDave said:
It needs less racists assholes. Had Live a good while now, and never came across them more than on Lost Planet, for some reason. You better not play the game if you don't sound like you're 100% American.

Oh please, derail another thread please.

Shaved Moustache said:
Oh please, derail another thread please.

Yeah, it's off topic. Just wanted to vent.

If you want contribution, I'd really like them to sort the text out. I do plan on occasionally playing this on an SD.

The main reason this is needed is because thegame has so much blur, excellent HDR, tons of explosions etc, there is so much going on visually, that sometimes it's hard to actually realize you are being hit.

I really loved gears, you had your health right at the reticule, you had blood effects, and even arrows. And rumble. Just tons of overlapping damamge notifications that really hammered home the point that you are in trouble. I hope it can be patched if it doesnt ship with this, but who knows.

Coin Return said:
Needs a crimson omen filling with blood

Seriously. So the best health gague ever. It's gotten me out of so many binds AND it lets me get off as many shots as possible. It's the freaking cheese.

But yeah, that shows you how perplexing the HUD is if I thought the ammo counter was someone elses' health gague.

(Or maybe it just shows how stupid I am?)

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
Seriously. So the best health gague ever. It's gotten me out of so many binds AND it lets me get off as many shots as possible. It's the freaking cheese.
Really? I find it pretty imprecise.

I wish I could discuss the Lost Planet MP demo, but six attempts to join a match last night ended with disconnects/quit hosts. :(

GhaleonEB said:
Really? I find it pretty imprecise.

It works really well for a wuss like me. I'd trained myself, by the end of the game, to know exactly when I had to get back under cover. I always err on the side of pussiness.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'd like to stop spawning a good 500 yards outside of the map and falling into nothingness. 4 matches in a row, I'd constantly spawn outside of the world, suicide and screw our teams battle gauge. I had to actually redownload the demo for that little joy to stop.

I also fully agree with some kind of damage notification, I've died many a time not even knowing I was being shot.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I find it fairly easy to know when I'm being shot. Either you see bullets flying all over the place because your enemy is using the machine gun or your ass hits the floor because they are using something stronger.

Top Bottom