• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Soul Aside + Daba: Land of Water Scar ChinaJoy Footage. (22mins each)

Fbh

Lost Souls aside still looks fun, I'm definitely interested if it ever actually comes out.

Pelta88

Daba: Land Of Water Sky

8dyN.gif

Hugare

Daba looks great, but i'm so tired of these Souls clones being so blatant

The health flask use animation, the health/stamina bar, even the mist before entering a boss room ... It's all so obvious

Same for The Life of Pi. Even the sound effects sounds ripped off from Bloodborne.

More chinese garbage that will never come out. Is Sony about to be bought out by Tencent at this rate? Jk. Only game interested is Wukong. Daba looks allrite...

lost soul side looks exactly like the brainless button-masher i've been waiting for. so damn tired of all the endless parry, parry, parry...

I really don't get Sony's present fascination with Chinese devs - maybe game dev in China is on the rise, still, these projects don't exactly fill me with confidence - same thing with that stellar blade game they just seem like vaporware IMO.

Also : showing a game to be released in 2027 ? why ?

I really don't get Sony's present fascination with Chinese devs - maybe game dev in China is on the rise, still, these projects don't exactly fill me with confidence - same thing with that stellar blade game they just seem like vaporware IMO.

China population is bigger than Europe and USA combined, who can say how much talent you can find and bring into the AAA development scene

Mr.Phoenix

Daba looks great, but i'm so tired of these Souls clones being so blatant

The health flask use animation, the health/stamina bar, even the mist before entering a boss room ... It's all so obvious

Same for The Life of Pi. Even the sound effects sounds ripped off from Bloodborne.
Hold on... you watched Daba and what you came out with was Souls clone?

Last edited:

JaksGhost

It was just revealed that 47% of the population in China are active video game players. That amounts to over 668 million people, Sony wants a part of that pie. Why else do you think they are going after devs in countries with large gaming populations? They just announced a Hero Project for India that has a gaming population of over 440 million active gamers. Money.

Last edited:
China population is bigger than Europe and USA combined, who can say how much talent you can find and bring into the AAA development scene
This. It's a smart move on Sony's part. They realize the potential.....which is why they are starting the same thing in India with the India Hero Project.

lost soul side looks exactly like the brainless button-masher i've been waiting for. so damn tired of all the endless parry, parry, parry...
lol and it's not brainless when you actually are trying to string together intricate complex combination. which is what these games are about. parrying all day is what the kids who can't do intricate combinations need to focus on. souls is successful because it avoids combat mechanics that people can't pull off in favor of simple mechanics and tough enemies.

I however, as an elite gamer. find that shit too basic and long for titles like this where my nastiness is not held back by filthy casuals.

I keep getting Lost Soul Aside mixed up with another game. That trailer reminded me of Deep Down with a knight fighting a dragon in a grassy area. What was that called?

Top Bottom