• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOTS of new DMC4 screens

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Alot of new DMC4 screens were posted by a site called Gamer.TM or something, screens are taken from the Xbox360 version.

Click for FULL-SIZE

Request: PLEASE keep this topic free of "ZOMG PS3 has to install and has no rumble!" "OMFG Xbox Live costs money for online!"

AS A MOD HAS ALREADY STATED: KEEP ONTOPIC OR TAKE THAT SHIT ELSEWHERE

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
228107leu0390.jpg.xs.jpg

Is that an (hot) ass?

Going by the subs, Dante looks pleased.

Man this game is going to be a blast but am I the only one who thinks the art design is vomit inducing? Really really really bad art design.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AltogetherAndrews said:
No, as in pretty fucking bad. I understand that it's a fast paced action game and that the visual design is based on that, but since we are looking at screens... it looks pretty bad.
In what way? It seems pretty detailed to me and runs at 60 fps.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Let's pull out those target video renders for comparison.

Actually, wait... let's not.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Livin_Lovin said:
He's baaaaaaack.

And I <3 Dark Slayer.

Been back for a long time. :lol

Just took a vacation in every sense of the word... and it was great!

I'm with AA on this one. Screenshots not so hot, but am I gonna play/buy it? Yeah.

Lost Planet looks better.

WrikaWrek

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
No, as in pretty fucking bad. I understand that it's a fast paced action game and that the visual design is based on that, but since we are looking at screens... it looks pretty bad.

Bad as in this version or as in "the game "?

I for one think this looks good, the videos we've been seeing all look good.

chespace said:

I don't think so.

eso76

LOOKS LIKE (AN) ASS !

dmc4 has never looked too good in direct feed captures, actually, but the footage we've seen looked awesome.

Diablohead said:
LP looks tons better when it's in action, what are you smoking?
Sure, the animation is great.

My response was to chespace. DMC4 stills looks worse than LP/DR stills because the latter two are 30fps and thus can afford more detail and geometry.

I'm sure it will look great in action, but it looks really empty and basic in these new shots. It seems to have got gradually more bland with each batch of new pics, but hopefully these bits are the link sections between better more memorable set pieces.

dankir

chespace said:
Let's pull out those target video renders for comparison.

Actually, wait... let's not.

Oh shit Che is a Mod now... uhhhh FORZA 2 RAWKS

back on topic screens look good thanks to big red glowing bootys.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
dankir said:
Oh shit Che is a Mod now... uhhhh FORZA 2 RAWKS

back on topic screens look good thanks to big red glowing bootys.

I don't think that red lozenge means what you think it means...

Amon37

I mean we've all seen seen HD vids of the game and it's awesomess. Even if these screens aren't the best, who cares?

MCD

chespace said:
Been back for a long time. :lol

Just took a vacation in every sense of the word... and it was great!

I'm with AA on this one. Screenshots not so hot, but am I gonna play/buy it? Yeah.

sup mod.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The KING is back

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
McDragon said:

The red square means the mods don't like him, not that he IS a mod. Christ, newbs.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Timedog said:
wait a sec, I don't see a mod stating anything in this thread. I'm confused.

I never said it was in this thread, it was in the other thread thats full of fucking retarded comments like the examples.

Dahbomb

For those saying those screens suck, I could pull out far superior images of the same locations and stuff with better quality and stuff but I will not bother. You will get a chance to see them in the Official thread anyway, 2 weeks from now. Quit trolling on the game's graphics, we are FAR past that and everyone who even gives a shit about graphics for this game at this point knows they are well above average.

And Images don't do the game justice at all. Game is wonderful in motion but I am tired of saying this already, just play it yourself and you will know.

Some highlights of the screen:

*Dante getting a sneak peak up some hot booty!

*Screens of Pandorra's Box. Appears to be obtained from beating Bael, the giant ice toad that uses the ghostly image as some sort of lure. Probably related to some sort of mythological anecdote to the Bael creature.

*Dante using Yamato in-game with the Dark Slayer style. Totally unexpected but bad ass!

*Nero and Dante confrontation number 2. Both have Devil Triggers and both are insulting each other. Nero this time has
Vergil on his side.

*Ranking system is slightly altered from DMC3. There is no Vital/Life rank requirement (possibly an SS/SB rank requirement for not getting hit at all like DMC1) and lots of heavy emphasis on obtaining points (Devil Hunter points used for rankings in Leaderboards). A Bonus ranking feature also implemented for no Item usage and Secret Missions.

Top Bottom