• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie Season 4 |OT| He's finally back, Mondays on FX [S5 premieres Apr 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, sorry for the stupid bump but I just realized Ellen Burstyn played Evanka.

She did such a good job, I honestly thought they got some Hungarian actress to do it. Wow.

THR said:
FX, meanwhile, also announced that season five of Louie will bow on Thursday, April 9 at 10:30 p.m., after the series debut of Billy Crystal starrer The Comedians at 10 p.m..

EDIT: They also note that S5 will consist of 8 episodes.

trifelife

Hey Cornballer thanks for all the updates. I subscribe to threads for virtually all my TV news now and you create 99% of them. The 1% you don't create, you're still usually the last poster.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Caught up with this show a couple months ago. The way Louie blends genuine emotion, absurdity, social commentary and awkward humor really reflects on how I perceive the nitty-gritty of life. We all struggle to understand, relate, and generally just get by with whatever situations we've been handed, and we sometimes just can't truly explain how or why things happened to us or what they might mean in a larger context. Season 4 especially is an excellent example of this.

Can't wait for more.

TheOddOne

- HitFlix: FX sets “Louie” premiere, orders Louis CK-produced pilot, acquires Louis CK comedy special
Of paramount importance, FX announced on Sunday (January 18) that "Louie" will return for its fifth season on Thursday, April 9. The eight-episode season will be preceded by the premiere of Billy Crystal and Josh Gad in "The Comedians."

Also this spring, FX has acquired the TV rights to Louis C.K.'s next comedy special, "Louis C.K. Live From the Comedy Store."
And if that's not enough, FX also announced on Sunday that it has ordered the comedy pilot "Better Things," from veteran "Louie" veteran Pamela Adlon.

"Better Things" will feature Adlon as Sam, an actress raising three girls by herself. Adlon will star and she'll also executive produce and co-write the pilot with, of course, Louis C.K. And Louis C.K. will also direct the pilot.
Louis C.K.'s production shingle Pig Newton is behind all of these ventures, as well as the upcoming Zach Galifianakis comedy "Baskets," set to premiere in 2016.

- ‘Louie’ Season 4 Streaming On FX Now Ahead Of Series’ April 9 Return
FX stressed that this is no April Fools gag. The network has made the entire fourth season of its Louis C.K. series Louie available for streaming via the FX Now app starting today through the premiere of Season 5 on April 9. Last season featured the episode “So Did The Fat Lady,” for which Louis C.K. earned a WGA Award and his second writing Emmy. Check out the long final scene — a memorable two-hander with Sarah Baker, who earned a Critics’ Choice nom for the role — to understand why. Season 4 of Louie also snagged the WGA trophy for Episodic Comedy and scored its second consecutive Emmy nom for Outstanding Comedy Series.

big ander - are you up for doing the thread again this year?

Actually if someone else could take it that'd be cool
Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Any other takers? Otherwise, I'm just going to post this picture and that'll be the OP:

8Dum5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom