• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
CG is just cheaper because you don't need to draw every frame. Of course it also immediately stands out because it looks too smooth and never looks like the rest of show in terms of the colouring and lines.

raven777

I know the game is still early, but I wonder when we'll get our first event. I'm trying to get myself as prepared as I can, by increasing my Rank/LP and the level of my cards. It'd be so much easier if I just used real-life $$$.

Oh, on the subject, don't let this be you.

Or this.

[Secretly jealous.]

lol how much are those cards? Is that even Japanese itunes card?

chrono01

lol how much are those cards? Is that even Japanese itunes card?
I assume they're the equivalent of $50 USD/CDN, for the 55 Loveca Stone purchases. I assume it's a Japanese iTunes card, as they all pretty much look the same.

As for Loveca Stones, I've obtained 28 so far without a single cent being spent. I know this will slow down shortly, but as of right now, I'm loving it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume they're the equivalent of $50 USD/CDN, for the 55 Loveca Stone purchases. I assume it's a Japanese iTunes card, as they all pretty much look the same.

As for Loveca Stones, I've obtained 28 so far without a single cent being spent. I know this will slow down shortly, but as of right now, I'm loving it.
It feels like once you get all the common super idol events, the well will run dry and you'll have to wait for daily bonuses.

chrono01

I just hope I get enough to get 50. As it stands, I can't seem to get any new common idols. lol
Yeah, 50 would be nice.

I just pulled another 10 times in Regular Scouting and received Nico [Nico Nico Ni!]. I'm pretty pleased about that, and she matched both my Haruka and Hanayo [Smile]. That makes two I've received from there so far. I'm not sure if it helps, but I seem to have better luck if I save up for 10 than doing it one by one. It might just seem that way, though.

raven777

new Eri SR card that just got updated in JP version
53746857444C1D0025

Also Eri won the summer girl contest..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So what is the point of the friends feature? I've just been cancelling them after each game.

m0t0k1

So what is the point of the friends feature? I've just been cancelling them after each game.

You will get more extra points during a song see the + score before selecting a song say your base is 1000 red for a red song and then you see a + 100 for selecting a non friend with a friend you will get + 200 so it makes a difference. Also give you extra points to spend in the hand icon thingy you will get 10 points instead of the 5 added for non friends.

You can use them as assists to boost your score in the song you are about to play. How much that friend boosts depends on their set avatar's (which is the Center of their Main unit) center skill and element/type, thus usually a friend with a UR set as the avatar will boost alot more than say, a friend with an R set as their avatar since a UR's center skill is a lot more powerful.

This does not apply to Score Match-type events (but this event type is not out in the English versions yet anyway).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Here's another question - for the album rewards where you get a heart for every 5 super idols that you get to max bond level, can you do that over and over again with the same idol? Or do only new idols that you fuse together and get to max bond level count toward that score?

I haven't had a new character in ages, so I'm not sure how else to grab new hearts now. lol

raven777

Here's another question - for the album rewards where you get a heart for every 5 super idols that you get to max bond level, can you do that over and over again with the same idol? Or do only new idols that you fuse together and get to max bond level count toward that score?

I haven't had a new character in ages, so I'm not sure how else to grab new hearts now. lol

only new idols of course.

But what's with the 2nd point?

2) Background music replacement
The background music for the app boot up will be changed.

Is this referring about the song at the start of the app? Because it's currently the same as the Japanese version....

firehawk12

Subete no aware
only new idols of course.
I figured. lol

The game just isn't giving me new characters any more. It really wants me to feed the beast. :p

Oh wait! Does that mean you have to raise 25 new and UNIQUE Super idols to Max level as well? Because that's even more impossible! lol

--

Ah, I think I got a handle on cards now. There's only a limited pool of cards that you get from completing songs. After that, you have to spend some currency (friend points, love points) if you want a *chance* at getting different characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eh I don't mind, I have spent
$60

I haven't spent any on the jpn version and I will try not to anymore on this version until they add more cards
Impressive! I've been tempted myself but I think I'm holding strong. It's funny, if the game let me play the songs as much as I want, I probably would be inclined to pour some money into it.

m0t0k1

Eh I don't mind, I have spent
$60

I haven't spent any on the jpn version and I will try not to anymore on this version until they add more cards

OMG should i add a warning in the OP about spending to much money? I know these kind of games can get a money sink my goal was never to encourage people to spend that much but just enjoy the game :(

Chariot

OMG should i add a warning in the OP about spending to much money? I know these kind of games can get a money sink my goal was never to encourage people to spend that much but just enjoy the game :(
It's everyone's own descision. It's not like the microtransactions are hidden.
Everyone can see and decide.

m0t0k1

It's everyone's own descision. It's not like the microtransactions are hidden.
Everyone can see and decide.

Yeah you are right about that. I kinda feel bad about it, but guess its his or her choice. I am kinda in reverse about spending money on iap and dlc and stuff if it does not add to the experience and is highly cosmetic i will just go meh don't need that. That is why it kinda shocked me.

spending money is a bad thing now?

I'll gladly admit i've spent about $150 on Brave Frontier because im a sucker for cool sprites.

im not entirely sure what im spending money for this. It's not like better cards will drastically change the gameplay. You still play the song as they are, you just get a bit more points at the end, big deal.

Bigger issues, I got a better score playing on mute, which usually means these step tracks are bad :/

m0t0k1

I'll gladly admit i've spent about $150 on Brave Frontier because im a sucker for cool sprites.

im not entirely sure what im spending money for some jpgs. It's not like better cards will drastically change the gameplay. You still play the song as they are, you just get a bit more points at the end, big deal.

Bigger issues, I got a better score playing on mute, which usually means these step tracks are bad :/

Its not a bad thing no. I am used to not spending a single € on iap in games but i thought people spent like €20 or €30 but i see the prices go way above that and it shocked me at first sight but yeah like chariot said people can decide for themselfs. suprised me that is all.

m0t0k1

idol culture ain't cheap bro.

Yeah i noticed i have not watched anime for years until i discoverd the idolmaster anime when i see prices like the blue rays and statues and stuff and thought damn this is expensive. But they make this kind of stuff because they can sell boatloads of it. With now love live and idolmaster bamco must be rolling in the money :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware

im not entirely sure what im spending money for this. It's not like better cards will drastically change the gameplay. You still play the song as they are, you just get a bit more points at the end, big deal.

Well, I assume the "PvP" score battle stuff will be impossible unless it matches you against players of the same range as you.

The fact that the idols you get for free are limited to a pool means that you'll hit a natural level cap unless you get lucky with the free draws.

Also, the fact that experience seems to be tied in part to score means that you will probably level up faster if you have better cards.

Chariot

That's how I felt when I played TCGs. It was a nightmare, in tournaments and with friends.
Thing is, you can still play Love Live alone. The fun isn't the PvP, but the Rhythm Game itself. So it doesen't matter how slow or fast you are, it's for free.

Well, I assume the "PvP" score battle stuff will be impossible unless it matches you against players of the same range as you.

The fact that the idols you get for free are limited to a pool means that you'll hit a natural level cap unless you get lucky with the free draws.

Also, the fact that experience seems to be tied in part to score means that you will probably level up faster if you have better cards.

PvP on paper sounds awful for this lol. Why even bother.

And yeah im pretty bored with this atm. Might just log on for dailies and maybe 1 song. Hope events are fun and skill based vs score (it probably is score right?).

if I want to look at jpgs of waifus, i can go to pixiv for free.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's how I felt when I played TCGs. It was a nightmare, in tournaments and with friends.
Thing is, you can still play Love Live alone. The fun isn't the PvP, but the Rhythm Game itself. So it doesen't matter how slow or fast you are, it's for free.
It's funny, because I've mostly ignored the songs when watching the anime, but playing the game has actually made me like the songs. lol

That said, while I don't think I would be able to break the psychological barrier of paying 60 dollars for an iOS game (sorry Idolm@ster Shiny Festa), I do wish I could just pay for the ability to play as much as I want. I'd be willing to toss in 40 bucks for a Vita version of the game without the hooks so that I can just practice the songs as often as I need to.

Being asked to spend hearts to refill the LP bar? I know that's how all these F2P games work, but for a music game, it's a bit of a disappointment.

Its not a bad thing no. I am used to not spending a single € on iap in games but i thought people spent like €20 or €30 but i see the prices go way above that and it shocked me at first sight but yeah like chariot said people can decide for themselfs. suprised me that is all.
If you're an anime fan, you should check out the madness that is YomeColle. People spend *hundreds* on that game. I won't name names!

Yeah i noticed i have not watched anime for years until i discoverd the idolmaster anime when i see prices like the blue rays and statues and stuff and thought damn this is expensive. But they make this kind of stuff because they can sell boatloads of it. With now love live and idolmaster bamco must be rolling in the money :lol
Anime/nerd stuff in Japan is the same though. It depends on a small group of people to be willing to feed the beast with as much of their disposable income as possible. It's kind of scary actually.

And yeah im pretty bored with this atm. Might just log on for dailies and maybe 1 song. Hope events are fun and skill based vs score (it probably is score right?).

I assume everything is tied to score, because that's the only way to get you to spend money.

But I like the songs and do want to unlock all of them - someone said there were 35?. I mean, that's a huge number of tracks. It's just so slow to unlock them because of the cool down timer.

Chariot

It's funny, because I've mostly ignored the songs when watching the anime, but playing the game has actually made me like the songs. lol

That said, while I don't think I would be able to break the psychological barrier of paying 60 dollars for an iOS game (sorry Idolm@ster Shiny Festa), I do wish I could just pay for the ability to play as much as I want. I'd be willing to toss in 40 bucks for a Vita version of the game without the hooks so that I can just practice the songs as often as I need to.

Being asked to spend hearts to refill the LP bar? I know that's how all these F2P games work, but for a music game, it's a bit of a disappointment..
I feel you. Would glady pay for a full game.

Btw. is the Idolmaster Game ios only? (Android User here)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel you. Would glady pay for a full game.

Btw. is the Idolmaster Game ios only? (Android User here)
Shiny Festa? Yeah. Well, also PSP.

The funny thing about the imas game is that there's another problem with the game in that they split it into 3 games and are stilling them for 55 bucks each. I know that's cheaper than the PSP games, but yeesh.

m0t0k1

Yeah that is the way i play. I do maybe about 1 lp bar per day so like 3 songs and then call it quits. The only way i go ham is during the events because then i am sure to win an SR card. I find pvp kind of enjoyable when you see an UR you are probably going to lose anyway but trying to beat the others is still fun and sometimes when you play way better then UR you can beat them. My team consist of all R and some idolized except for the green team.

Being asked to spend hearts to refill the LP bar? I know that's how all these F2P games work, but for a music game, it's a bit of a disappointment.

If you're an anime fan, you should check out the madness that is YomeColle. People spend *hundreds* on that game. I won't name names!

Anime/nerd stuff in Japan is the same though. It depends on a small group of people to be willing to feed the beast with as much of their disposable income as possible. It's kind of scary actually.

I assume everything is tied to score, because that's the only way to get you to spend money.

But I like the songs and do want to unlock all of them - someone said there were 35?. I mean, that's a huge number of tracks. It's just so slow to unlock them because of the cool down timer.

The imas games where 40 a couple of times but still really expensive. would be cheaper to just buy the psp games on psn. I did try out YomeColle a couple of weeks ago but holy shit that game is mega pay wall you can unlock like 3 cards of your gal or guy by interacting with them the rest you need coins but you only get like 10 coins a day and that is not even certain with 50 to unlock it takes ages to just unlock one card for one girl which has like 30 cards that times like 300 characters is me not completing this game in my lifetime. So i deinstalled it pretty soon because novelty of just repeating the same card got old pretty fast. Yeah it was me who mentioned the 35 songs. The last song you unlock at chapter 18 but they just keep adding songs because last time i check chapter 17 was the latest song. Here is the song unlock list if you are interested.
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Songs But it really takes ages to get to those high story chapters i am rank 40 in the jpn version and i just unlocked chapter 6.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The imas games where 40 a couple of times but still really expensive. would be cheaper to just buy the psp games on psn. I did try out YomeColle a couple of weeks ago but holy shit that game is mega pay wall you can unlock like 3 cards of your gal or guy by interacting with them the rest you need coins but you only get like 10 coins a day and that is not even certain with 50 to unlock it takes ages to just unlock one card for one girl which has like 30 cards that times like 300 characters is me not completing this game in my lifetime. So i deinstalled it pretty soon because novelty of just repeating the same card got old pretty fast. Yeah it was me who mentioned the 35 songs. The last song you unlock at chapter 18 but they just keep adding songs because last time i check chapter 17 was the latest song. Here is the song unlock list if you are interested.
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Songs But it really takes ages to get to those high story chapters i am rank 40 in the jpn version and i just unlocked chapter 6.

I've been "playing" YomeColle for about 2 years now and, yeah, it's impossible to play for free if you want to collect the cards - especially since you aren't guaranteed to get a card at all. It can cost 50 bucks to unlock all of them for a character, depending on your luck.
As a free user, you just go for the two or three free cards and then move on to the next character you want. I don't think it's worth it any other way.

(They've actually made the f2p stuff in the game worse in the last year. And funny enough, their version of the game with real world idols bombed and they're cancelling it. They cancelled any coins that you might have had, but at least they're making an "offline" version of the app that you can use to still view your unlocked cards. Of course, why they don't just unlock all the cards is something I don't understand.)

If you're at rank 40 and only just unlocked chapter 6, I don't even know when I'll see the rest of these songs. Jesus. lol

---

Edit, I just discovered the wonderful world of rooted Android Devices and Japanese DRM. lol
It took half an hour of research, but for anyone wondering, you need to install the Xsposed framework and then Rootcloak version 1.3. The version in the Google Play store does not work, and apparently 1.4 does not work.

Chariot

31 loveca... 19 to go. Tomorrow I should get some as login bonus and I am near 1000 friendpoints again. Maybe I get some new Idols or at least a few of those where I just got one.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Damn, 5 pages. I should use this opportunity to create new otoge OT. I'll just lie and tell everyone Jubeat has GUST characters in it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom