• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love |OT| We've all been there (Apatow, Gillian Jacobs, Paul Rust) Netflix Feb 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Yeah, he was a jerk in that scene. But, to be fair, almost everyone in that show's cast and crew treated him badly. He was just an annoyance to them.
They treated him about exactly as they should have, he was just was full of himself and expected more.

I enjoyed season one for what it is,but it is a little hard to take the show completely seriously when a guy with gus's looks/career/personality quirks would have never pull that many girls in just a few months, especially in L.A.

I hope season two lets gus and mickey and bertie date other people, i do not want season two to have gus and mickey seeing each other romantically again at all.

"nothing dies up a vagina more than a paragraph"

gawddamn. I love this show. Just started watching it. I'm definitely finishing it.

edit: I want to backhand Arya so hard. Fucking kid. I would strangle her.

I finished the first season earlier. This show is really good. Gillian Jacobs is perfect. I've seen all of Community, and I've watched the first three seasons three times. To me, Gillian was Britta Perry. But after watching Love, she's now Mickey. And if I watch Community again in the future, she'll be "Mickey from Love". That's how great she is in the role.

G0523

"nothing dies up a vagina more than a paragraph"

gawddamn. I love this show. Just started watching it. I'm definitely finishing it.

edit: I want to backhand Arya so hard. Fucking kid. I would strangle her.

Just wait till you get to season 2. She's pretty redeemable then.

So I read a review or two of the first season last night, and I was confused when they called Gus a manipulative "nice guy". He seemed like the antithesis of that. He was forward from the almost beginning with Mickey. At the end of the episode of the date between him and the aussie girl, he straight-up tells Mickey the equivalent of "I'm not interested in your friend, I'm interested in you. If you're not interested, that's fine; we'll each move on. But don't string me along". That alone disqualifies him as being a "nice guy" and a manipulator. A "nice guy" would have just kept hanging around the girl acting like her platonic friend, and then would have thrown a fit when she didn't reciprocate his feelings as if she owed him romance.

Did I miss something?

Just wait till you get to season 2. She's pretty redeemable then.

Yeah, I've started it. Even at the end of season 1 she had started to redeem herself, when she saved Gus from getting fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom