• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Alien: Isolation (Spoilers)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Stuck at chapter 6, can't get passed the fucking Alien. Tried at least 20 times. Gave up.

The key here is getting the trauma pack and making it to the maintenance area to initiate the emergency shutdown.

STAY CROUCHED!!!!!
When you enter the dark hall way, go left a bit and down the first corridor you see, last door on the left is the operating theater.
Get the trauma pack on the table next to the corpse. Head back the way you came but before you hit the hallway,
hide in the locker as the alien should be coming in about that time. Wait for him to do his run, ideally when you hear him go in the vents. Do NOT go out the north door, there are looter patrolling and you want them as distractions.
When you go back into the dark hallway, hide in the locker on the left, near the entrance. DO NOT hide under the bed. Most of the beds are safe, but that one is sticking straight out and you will be in everyone's line of sight, prone or not.
Wait for the alien to come out of the infirmary (the 1st door you pass) and go into the operating theater.
Exit the locker, go left at the intersection (CROUCHED) and keep your eyes and ears on alert. Any of the beds here should be safe to hide from the alien or the looters. Follow the hallway as it curves around. Watch out for vents
Before you go in the emergency room, you have to go down the path to the right so Ripley can discover the door to the reception area is locked. go back and now head to the emergency room. lots of beds and lockers here to hide in as the alien patrols here all the time.
Head north and to the right to the maintenance area. When you open the door, GO STRAIGHT. There are vents to either side of the door and the alien will hang out there to snatch you. head toward the window and use the stairs on the left and right to get to the two generators. There is a save point on the left wall/

Woffls

Wowww. I just finished this game and it's simply incredible. I've never seen an Alien film, or played any of the games, so I wasn't even invested on that level.

But this game, it's really something else. The attention to detail, the atmosphere, the world design, enemy AI. I didn't enjoy dealing with androids very much, especially when they're so inconsistent about how they'll respond to things. The alien, however, was masterful and I genuinely felt like I knew enough about its patterns to exploit the AI most of the time, but there was enough going on that I never felt safe.

It did drag a little bit, but only by a couple of hours, and for that whole time I was still on edge. Every time the story did the whole
'chill, it's over.... NAW HERE'S AN ALIEN' thing, I actually felt it because I was hoping the whole thing was over. NOPE!

One thing that puzzled me regarding vents:
I had used vents all the way up until the last few hours of the game, and nothing had ever followed me in there unless the alien grabbed me on the way in. But towards the end of the game, the alien would climb all the way through it to find me. Once I realised my safe haven was compromised, I got really fucking scared every time I went in a vent. Would be very interested to hear if anyone else had a similar experience.

I never play scary games, but the tension grabbed me and it's a great experience. Easily my game of the year for 2014 by a ridiculous margin, and I hope a lot of people enjoyed it.

For a sequel, I think the same kind of setting and enemies would be great, but maybe add some RPG elements so I can balance the risk of going for quests in return for useful things to defend myself.

Wowww. I just finished this game and it's simply incredible. I've never seen an Alien film, or played any of the games, so I wasn't even invested on that level.

Watch Alien and Aliens STAT.

I only had the Alien kill me in vents once or twice, but when it did it was terrifying.

The facehuggers got me more...you hear them scuttling and then BAM on your face and you hear that nasty sound of it raping you.

nel e nel

Watch Alien and Aliens STAT.

I only had the Alien kill me in vents once or twice, but when it did it was terrifying.

The facehuggers got me more...you hear them scuttling and then BAM on your face and you hear that nasty sound of it raping you.

Keep in mind when you're watching both of these movies that they came out in 1979 and 1986 respectively. So when you're thinking to yourself "Gosh, they reused the Starship Trooper uniforms" it's actually the other way around. :)

Top Bottom