• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Alien Isolation... When does the game start?

The game gets better but unfortunately you're right about the pacing. I also feel that this game is too long for it's own good. Nevertheless, it's still the best Alien game you can play imo.

dacalo

I loved this game. It was the most environmentally engrossing game I have ever played in my 35 year life. I had to take frequent breaks because it's so damn tense. I have a hard time finishing a lot of games I own but this one such a pleasure to play. Like others mentioned, it got a little too long at the end but still I didn't mind. As far as save points, I think they were perfectly spaced; I never felt like I had lost significant progress when I died.

Golicz

Banned
The key to surviving is to keep moving despite the fact that your gut tells you to stay put.

When the alien passes you immediately walk away (don't run!) towards your objective because if you stay put the alien will eventually find you.

Tips I'm not sure I could give as all I did personally was stay glued to my scanner and hide a lot before moving lol. You're on hard? damn you're braver than me I'm on normal lol

Thanks for the tips, I mean it's difficult to explain but when I'm hiding under a bench & the Alien enters the room - I literally freeze, ergo I'm tempted to just sit there for half an hour, or more
(there's a save station room in the med lab down the corridor after putting the code in, with two desks pushed against each other in the middle of the room - I'm hiding under there right now, staring at the Alien's legs as it walks around the room lol)
. My complete 'disempowerment' as a player is extremely difficult to come to terms with.

The Alien's unpredictability is another issue, i.e. even when it goes off in the opposite direction it can still drop out of a vent right in front of me, so it's really disconcerting.

Meh, I'll stop complaining, because so far I absolutely love the game, I'm just a bit useless at surviving right now (lower difficulties don't help either, probably because I subconsciously become sloppy when in 'novice' 'easy' or 'normal' - whereas in 'hard' I focus 100% on the task at hand).

Just started playing this and the armosphere is incredible. Completely blown away by the graphics *and* art style, they've captured the films perfectly.

I'm not really one for survival/horror but this has had me putting down the Sitcher 3 and TPP.

I went in thinking I maybe wouldn't like it because of its stealth focus, but I enjoyed it more than expected.

It did drag, though, because it was far too long.

The first 3 missions are the build up to the alien encounter. It sets up the atmosphere perfectly, just as the movie does. Mission 4 is when things start to get serious.

Top Bottom