• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Asura's Wrath the QTE masterpiece

Jrs3000

Asuras_Wrath_Logo.jpg

AsurasWrath_02.jpg

asuras.wrath.05a.lg.jpg

My Experience
I purchased Asura's Wrath back when it was only $5 on xbox live and just now played and finished the game trying to clear my backlog. I wish I played it sooner. The story, visual style, and music in this game was a breath of fresh air and had me hooked all the way through. I liked how they divided episodes like actually watching a TV show. While the game was loaded with QTE it wasn't too bad or annoying and actually helped with the immersion of breaking people faces in with a fist. I did my play through on Hard and while there were some frustrating parts I had to retry it wasn't bad. I'm left with a fond memories of this game and having unlocked all the videos rewatch them again. This game is worth owning so definitely check it out.

Important things if you purchase

-If you buy then buy DLC for the real ending. I know it sucks to have to buy it.
-When you are in the pool look and "touch" everything

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I fucking loved this game, sure it was mostly QTE's but I don't really care it was an incredibly exciting experience.

I bought it for ~10 bucks so I had no issue picking up the DLC for the true ending, although I think releasing that as DLC was kind of a scummy move. Honestly though the game was just such a hype train and the OST was incredible.

Also the final boss of the main game before the DLC was uh ridiculously rough for some reason.

Courage

As much as I love QTEs, they do get tiring after a while. Focusing a whole game on them, regardless of what kind of over-the-top insane shit may be going on in the background , accompanied by an even more mediocre combat system isn't going to work. Story was good, fortunately.

TimmiT

One of the most underrated games of the last generation. I still think it's too bad that Capcom made the true ending DLC though.

Sykotik

I really liked this game, too.

The true final boss was just so damned cool. I may have to play this again, soon.

Sorian

Banned
Some of the most over-the-top shit I've seen in any media, absolutely loved it. I also love what they did duing the QTE sequences during the true end final boss fight, was super clever and had my smiling during the beat down.

DemonFox

Neo Member
Buying the "Real ending" is a goddamn crime.
I still did tho... because I loved the game. It's just so ridiculous. The battle system isn't even that good and there are a looooot of QTE. But dear god did I enjoy the boss fights. A QTE fest by all means but the build ups and the animations withing the QTE were so much fun and got you pumped.
But I can totally see why someone would hate the game as well.

Portman

Great game, thought it would get old after a bit but I enjoyed it all the way to the end.

The best thing about it to me is that my friends and I can randomly say "BURST" around each other and start laughing.

Jrs3000

Buying the "Real ending" is a goddamn crime.
I still did tho... because I loved the game. It's just so ridiculous. The battle system isn't even that good and there are a looooot of QTE. But dear god did I enjoy the boss fights. A QTE fest by all means but the build ups and the animations withing the QTE were so much fun and got you pumped.
But I can totally see why someone would hate the game as well.

This is so true. Fortunately the dlc was on sale for $1 but still I don't get why they did it like that.

The part in the spa is one my favorite besides all the fights. Getting drunk looking at titties that jiggle then trying to touch them, OMG I was so weak when I tried and got knocked silly!

Mr-Joker

Banned
I saved money by watching it on youtube, eh it was okay but it kept reminding me of Gurren Lagann.

Though if Asura's Wrath was given a proper animé treatment I would watch it.

Top Bottom