• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LTTP] Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - a delicious apple... that has bugs on the middle (minor spoilers)

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
apps.54229.67453348098260763.a9f96429-c651-425e-97d2-e8861561f15f.7b715c71-d0b0-406a-8d82-29d253419241

Since I picked GamePass for PC, I downloaded Gears 4 to play in co-op, Hollow Knight because I love this game, and Hellblade because I never finished before.

For those who lives in a cave, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is a game made in 2017 by Ninja Theory (DmC from 2013) and was threat like an AAA game, but developed and published by the same guys. One could say that is an indie game. And like other indie games, Hellblade is just a game that you start and go to the end. A very simple game, which is not bad by any means, and it looks so great that you can't believe it's an indie game.

I played when came out on PS4, but didn't go that far. I has nice puzzles, but some bad decisions to get the way to finish it - more than one puzzle you have to go all the way back to the other place you went before, and you can really do nothing while because it doesn't have things to do. It's a situation when starts nice, but you finish it and becomes boring.

The game is not praized as an combat game. You do more visual puzzles with a little plataforming, and then there's some guys to fight... until it has too many guys to fight and you don't have much habilities to do. You get a new sword, but near the end it has too much enemies on screen, and you feel the need of more moves or something. And don't get me wrong, because the game is not that difficult, but since it becomes more vicious, it should have more stuff for the player to enjoy, and it fails to provide. So it's a different situation, but also has a nice start and a boring end.

So I got on GamePass and I played untill today when I got in the almost final boss, that you have to fight past bosses and stuff... and the game crashes. Tried more times and nothing. Looked at the internet and didn't find a fix, and people comment that has this problem since the initial launch date... Seriously, since 2017 this game is not fixed on PC?!

I called my friend that have on PS4 and he had a save not that far that part, so I went his house to play and finish the game. And overral I recomend. But it has next to no replay value.

Mista

Banned
I played it on PS4 day one and when it got released on Xbox too. Such a great game! Playing it with headphones is the only right way. Damn the whole journey was rough with all those voices

They really made me feel like I was the one suffering from psychosis. Sorry to read what happened to you mate but glad you finished the game

Top Bottom