• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Hitman Blood Money

I got this for the 360 real cheap last week and have been playing it on and off since then. Completed 3 or 4 missions on Expert, trying to achieve silent assasin ratings on each, and I must say I'm amazed by how good and how fun it is. The graphics are not Gears of War but the gameplay is incredible, it made me delay playing Double Agent altogether. As someone who never played the Hitman series before, I feel ashamed.

Anyone who missed this game, it goes for real cheap. This, and Tomb Raider Legend are really good games folks, kudos to Eidos. Get them!

Kabouter

YES!
This game gets WAY too little love on GAF. I just can't figure out why.
The gameplay is great, the art is great (heaven & hell mission ftw), the graphics are more than decent (especially on current-gen), the story is pretty passable and the game is just plain addictive. I must have played this game for a month or two on and off trying to figure out every trick and possible way of completing levels.

Game also got me to play the rest of the Hitman games, which I had never given much attention to, and I really loved Hitman 1 and especially Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. All in all, Hitman: Blood Money was my second favourite game of last year and I can't wait for what IO Interactive does next.

Barnolde

Banned
Awesome game, got all 1000 points for it. Good times. Suburbia was the best mission and this was easily the best Hitman game by far.

scarybore

Awesome game, got all 1000 points for it.

I did that for 3 Gamertags! :lol

Certainly the best in the Hitman series in my opinion, but at the same time I think it is also the easiest. I really liked the level with the peeps dressed as birds when it didn't cause my old 360 a disc error, loads of ways to go through it and loads of people to shoot the hell out of should you say **** it half way through.

Kabouter

Barnolde said:
Awesome game, got all 1000 points for it. Good times. Suburbia was the best mission and this was easily the best Hitman game by far.

Hehe I played it on PC, but I finished it on Professional with everything @ Silent Assassin four times now :p

Oneself

Yeah this game is incredible. It's the best in the series and there's only 1 or 2 weak levels (instead of "a lot" in previous games).

Kabouter

Oneself said:
Yeah this game is incredible. It's the best in the series and there's only 1 or 2 weak levels (instead of "a lot" in previous games).

There are weak levels? (well, the tutorial, but I'd hardly call that a level)

Kabouter

Oneself said:
Well,
the boat one
felt thrown in and wasn't on par with the others...

I thought that one was quite the challenge, and given it's link with the next mission it didn't feel very thrown in. Took me the longest to figure that mission out, but felt very rewarding when I did figure it out.

Oneself

Kabouter said:
I thought that one was quite the challenge, and given it's link with the next mission it didn't feel very thrown in. Took me the longest to figure that mission out, but felt very rewarding when I did figure it out.

I mean, there were lots of dudes to kill instead of just 2 or 3 like in the other missions. In most case, when you got 2 or 3 targets, there are like 10 different ways of killing each one of them.. but in this particular level, too many targets for an elaborate strategy IMO.

Meier

Pretty fun game.. don't play it with a wife or girlfriend around. Most ridiculous proportions ever.. :lol

Oneself

Meier said:
Pretty fun game.. don't play it with a wife or girlfriend around. Most ridiculous proportions ever.. :lol

My girlfriend found it funny and kept saying to me how I should kill some of the targets.:)

Cravis

Loved Hitman Blood Money. Each one was sebsequently better IMO. I still love going back to replay the older games because each one has unique levels. My favorite level in the second was the Vineyard, Contracts was the Meat Factory, Blood Money it was the Final Level (not spoiling). Looking forward to Kane & Lynch. IO makes some great games. Freedom Fighters and Hitman have all been stellar.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I thought this game was fabulous and it was the first Hitman that was pretty accessible. I went back to the second and third game after playing it (cause I liked this one so much) and I hated those.

tahrikmili said:
I got this for the 360 real cheap last week and have been playing it on and off since then. Completed 3 or 4 missions on Expert, trying to achieve silent assasin ratings on each, and I must say I'm amazed by how good and how fun it is. The graphics are not Gears of War but the gameplay is incredible, it made me delay playing Double Agent altogether. As someone who never played the Hitman series before, I feel ashamed.

Anyone who missed this game, it goes for real cheap. This, and Tomb Raider Legend are really good games folks, kudos to Eidos. Get them!

the ending for this game is the best ever....you'll see...I love how they did it.

Blood Money was my first Hitman game. For the first half hour to a hour I HATED it. But as I learned to play it and how to get silent assassin ratings it really grew on me. I even went through the higher difficulties just to get those silent assassin achievements.

I think it's really nice just how quickly the levels can be done once you know what to do. The majority of them you are able to complete in under 10 minutes (or far less even..), and that makes for great replay value.

Top Bottom