• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LTTP] I just finished Breath of the Wild and loved it, but some stuff there is dumb

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I finished BotW with all shrines and memories completed, and I loved almost everything.

I mean, people talk about Shadow of Colossus, that it's beautiful and stuff, but it's so empty... BotW fix this, with animal life really, well, living. So many options to be in the same place or even the puzzles. The difficulty is Donkey Kong Country level of fair. The sound design is just one of the best things ever. Everything works as it should be in the overral design. It's not like they re-invented the wheel, but it's a evolution of the Zelda franchise.

But I have to say, what the fuck you can't fill both stamina and hearts? I don't have the DLC, still, it's a dumb thing to find in the full game. Also, Nintendo, stop with the motion sensor obligatory stuff. They are boring as hell.

Also², I saw some people talking that the real ending sucks, and I'm fine with it. Could be better thou.

glasiche

Neo Member
When I beat SoC last century, I wasn’t trying to do anything besides wreck the colossuses. I’m unsure why people wanted more than it was.. at the time it felt like more than enough especially if you were a minor when you played it.

BOTW feels like a lot of things, but I was never awestruck like when SoC first came out. Legit nothing compared to it on the scale of “boss fights for you and me” and graphically at the time it was top tier for a console. That’s not to poo poo BOTW which I think does a great job visually for what it offers feel wise. Admittedly,
I thought Link could have gotten a little more love considering how much work he put in to the whole endeavor

Last edited:
Top Bottom