• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp: Neverwinter in 2021

Kagey K

Banned
So, I just decided to reinstall Neverwinter yesterday, because I heard it went through some big changes and wanted to see if it was different now than when it first launched.

Turns out they totally reworked the levelling and story system since last I played.

I logged in and immediately got a full level toon, with some gear that carried him straight through to the end of the vanilla stuff. I also got a bunch of bag storage (my biggest complaint when I played back in 2014)

Apparently any legacy character, no matter how old it was gets this stuff for free. After playing for a couple days and pushing through, you can see they have made big changes to overall progression and really streamlined how all these quests play out.

There are still egregious pay to win options (like finding loot boxes you can only unlock with paid keys,) but you can easily play through it without spending a dime, if you choose to.

I imagine once you get past legacy content it could be a grind, but until then there’s a lot of content to churn through for free if a person is interested.

Just wondering if anyone has played this game, or left it and come back to it to, and if they feel the same about it now as when it first released.

ANIMAL1975

Haven't played it for more than a year now, i think. Back then was completely addicted to it _ unemployment and a portuguese guild, that i come across by luck when was just casually playing, did the trick (we became like almost real life friends). Then the guild started falling apart, people leaving the game to play other stuff, and the expansions become a grind fest to the point of saturation and a lost the interest completely. Don't know if want to go back to it again _ I'm afraid of falling down in the same loophole again 😂

Tschumi

Haven't played it for more than a year now, i think. Back then was completely addicted to it _ unemployment and a portuguese guild, that i come across by luck when was just casually playing, did the trick (we became like almost real life friends). Then the guild started falling apart, people leaving the game to play other stuff, and the expansions become a grind fest to the point of saturation and a lost the interest completely. Don't know if want to go back to it again _ I'm afraid of falling down in the same loophole again 😂
sounds like the definition of a good slice of mmorpg :p makes me miss vanilla wow again

NVN2 was actually one of my favourite games of the 00s, I've never tried this... sadly it sounds like they've given the same kinda quality of life improvements that i've hated so hard in WoW so i don't think i'll be too into it

Top Bottom